Should I trade in the '05 for an '06??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Should I trade in the '05 for an '06??

I have almost 10K miles on and it will cost me just under $10K, plus I lose the little money I have put into appearance "mods" (like tinted windows, chrome seat adjuster covers, etc.). In all, I would lose an extra $1K at most. In return, I get a brand new one with a few more options (actually, just parktronic and ventilated seats). I will also extend my lease by 1 year. Final residual, etc all stay the same. It turns out that when you lease, you don't take the full hit when you walk out, it is broken up, and $10K is the hit for 1 year. I figure that is still under 1K/month so it is kind of good.

Thoughts??

Oh yeah, I love my car. It is mint and all. Only a few rock chips (minor pin head sized ones) on the front, but clean otherwise.

Hehe!!
Old 03-16-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
Not really worth it. Use the 10k for mods and you'll be tons happier....that's just me though. =) I got an 06 and I got a couple of chips....the 1st one hurt....after that it's kinda just ehhhh....whatever. heh.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Well Jangy, I took your advice and planned to visit several dealers this weekend. However, a fellow MB world member (a broker obviously) PM'd me, and has hooked me up with a dealer that is getting me an '06 on the lease deal at nearly 10K off MSRP!!!! Even paying to ship it out to Cali I'm $$$$$$ ahead of anything I could get here. If you could find another deal like that, I say do it!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by Fast55
Well Jangy, I took your advice and planned to visit several dealers this weekend. However, a fellow MB world member (a broker obviously) PM'd me, and has hooked me up with a dealer that is getting me an '06 on the lease deal at nearly 10K off MSRP!!!! Even paying to ship it out to Cali I'm $$$$$$ ahead of anything I could get here. If you could find another deal like that, I say do it!
Very nice! So what is your lease payment going to be? How much down?

Jangy - use that 10k and get the Kleemann K2
Old 03-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Actually, the first lease I did a 1-pay lease. So, now I don't have any payments. I guess I could take the $1K per month and put it towards some upgrades.

If I get the new one, I would actually get a check for about $30K (after a $5K drive off) and end up paying $1150 per month for 39 months.

So, either way the money is basically a wash. That is the reason I am thinking of doing it.

It basically gets me into a new one if I choose to extend the time by a year, which I am. I plan to buy it in the end, anyway (and either keep it if I still love it or trade it in).

Now, since the money in my hand is no different...what do I do?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't have all details yet. The car is stickered at $96,165.00 and is selling/leasing at $85,780.00!!!! I'll report back as this progresses, but it looks as if I'm getting a far more loaded '06 than I thought. Anybody want a cherry '02 ??????
Old 03-16-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
Don't have all details yet. The car is stickered at $96,165.00 and is selling/leasing at $85,780.00!!!! I'll report back as this progresses, but it looks as if I'm getting a far more loaded '06 than I thought. Anybody want a cherry '02 ??????
That is a great deal! If you don't mind, can you PM me and let know which dealer and who to talk to? Thanks.

John
Old 03-16-2006, 08:33 PM

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
I would keep the '05, I do not believe that there really are any differnces between the '05 and '06.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

AMGs
Keep the 05

Yeah, I agree. Keep the 05 and throw the $10K into K2, you will be much happier.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guys,
Did you not read my post??? Unless you all stole your '04's/'05's, this is like free money!! Agreed that there are essentially no differences between the '05 and '06, but couple 7-9K off of sticker with a .00125 MF and there's no reason NOT to trade up unless you just dont want an E55 anymore. My only problem now is selling the 2002!! Love to keep her, but the GF will only share with 1 other at a time.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
You just want to be like me! First the 210 then the 211? LMAO What color? I thought from talking to you the other day you were going to keep the car for a while? Good luck with selling the 02. The loss in trade in value will eat up your free margin. I would have to pay 6-8k on my 210 if I sold it. Are you going to sell it with or without that priceless blower? Seriously all jokes aside I am happy for you.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Hahaha!!
You all are so funny!!

Why not trade the '02 in and get the dealer to pay reatil? They aren't cutting me that great of a deal on the sale, except for overpaying for my trade in. The new lease deal is mostly from MBUSA.

I'm still pretty torn, we'll see what happens. They looked over my car, thinking it must be wrecked if I want to get rid of it. LOL!! Then they figured out I was only doing it if I get a GREAT deal. Turns out I paid a pretty high MF on the original and the delta of that to 0.00125 makes it all a wash.

So, the real reason to do it is to get out of a bad lease and into a better one (terms wise). I'm only one year into mine, so I've only partially been ripped off!!

I am off to legoland today. Gotta put in some family time, so I can have Saturday for the cars (drag races if no rain, 4 wheelin if it is!!)

Benzgal.....actually, I'm the one that wants to be just like you
now I just gotta find out what the heck you and VIC55 are up to.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BENZGal
You just want to be like me! First the 210 then the 211? LMAO What color? I thought from talking to you the other day you were going to keep the car for a while? Good luck with selling the 02. The loss in trade in value will eat up your free margin. I would have to pay 6-8k on my 210 if I sold it. Are you going to sell it with or without that priceless blower? Seriously all jokes aside I am happy for you.

Actually, I bought the '02 right, and while all the extras I have into the car are a loss, you know I cannot leave anything stock. The '02 books for 36-41K. I'll probably take 36K, meaning I still have money coming back on it. I'll leave the blower on, but give the new owner the option of returning it to stock since I have all parts to do that. The '06 is black with every possible option except Sirius and the pano roof so I can't pass this up.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Dude, that is awesome!!! I hate the pano anyway and Sirius can be added.

Pics, please.Pics pics pics!! Does the dealer have any more LOADED Black ones?? If so, which dealer?

The only thing slowing my deal down is the '06 has almost identical options to mine. While it is nicely equipped, it AIN'T loaded!! I haven't asked about getting a trade from elsewhere, since they are mostly motivated to sell what they have.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jangy
Hahaha!!
You all are so funny!!

Why not trade the '02 in and get the dealer to pay reatil? They aren't cutting me that great of a deal on the sale, except for overpaying for my trade in. The new lease deal is mostly from MBUSA.

I'm still pretty torn, we'll see what happens. They looked over my car, thinking it must be wrecked if I want to get rid of it. LOL!! Then they figured out I was only doing it if I get a GREAT deal. Turns out I paid a pretty high MF on the original and the delta of that to 0.00125 makes it all a wash.

So, the real reason to do it is to get out of a bad lease and into a better one (terms wise). I'm only one year into mine, so I've only partially been ripped off!!

I am off to legoland today. Gotta put in some family time, so I can have Saturday for the cars (drag races if no rain, 4 wheelin if it is!!)

Benzgal.....actually, I'm the one that wants to be just like you
now I just gotta find out what the heck you and VIC55 are up to.

Come to the next meet and find out. Hehe
Old 03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, that is awesome!!! I hate the pano anyway and Sirius can be added.

Pics, please.Pics pics pics!! Does the dealer have any more LOADED Black ones?? If so, which dealer?

The only thing slowing my deal down is the '06 has almost identical options to mine. While it is nicely equipped, it AIN'T loaded!! I haven't asked about getting a trade from elsewhere, since they are mostly motivated to sell what they have.
Will post pics ASAP, PM sent.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually, I bought the '02 right, and while all the extras I have into the car are a loss, you know I cannot leave anything stock. The '02 books for 36-41K. I'll probably take 36K, meaning I still have money coming back on it. I'll leave the blower on, but give the new owner the option of returning it to stock since I have all parts to do that. The '06 is black with every possible option except Sirius and the pano roof so I can't pass this up.
Oh yeah I forgot you put money down. Black? You are killing me. Ventura wont know what hit them with two of us rollin around.

I came up with an idea about your blower....have you ever watched the movie office space? I say we take it to a field and let you go to town. I'm sure Sean will help you.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
OK, looks like I will be getting an '06. Now, what color?? The ones I like are Black (again) or Obsidian Black.

The last option would be to get a CLS55?? I kind of like the E, but the CLS is different and a little sexy, no?
Old 03-19-2006, 12:41 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 159 Posts
OK, looks like I will be getting an '06. Now, what color?? The ones I like are Black (again) or Obsidian Black.

The last option would be to get a CLS55?? I kind of like the E, but the CLS is different and a little sexy, no?
I still struggle with the whole 4 door "sedan" thing...the CLS is a looker above the E for sure but the deals are on the E's.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:31 PM

2004 E55
CLS is kind of cool but I chose my E due to having the two car seats in the back... the CLS just doesn't have enough leg room for me either...

J
Old 03-19-2006, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

do it, do it! i would suggest that you get something totally different as far as color goes. if you plan to keep it for a few years, make sure that it is something that you can live with though. any diff in the wheels or anything else cosmetic?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Well, here's the update. hehe!!

I am getting a new car. The chances of a CLS55 are low, since the sale prices on the E55 are the main motivation (or excuse) and I am still not too warm on the looks. I like that it is different and I like the interior look. I currently have a pretty stock black one. It has a MB fin and tinted windows. I will surely do the exact same setup on the new one. I just got 2 rear 275/35/18 PS2s on it that I will either swap out or just let go as wasted money (depends on the deler cooperation). I also just had the service done, too so that's a couple hundred more wasted. I am considering Black, Obsidian Black, or maybe white (but prolly not). Not much difference, huh? I think i do like the obsidian. I am definitely getting it LOADED (minus distronic and Pano). I was planning on adding distronic, TPMS, etc anyway and i really do like the Active ventilated.
I drove a new 'vette (Z06) and it just isn't me.
I am driving a 9974S this week, so we will se how that goes. I am having a hard time giving up almost 500hp for the PCar (must have Aero). I know all about the agility, etc, but I just love the real life power of the E55.
I can't afford (hehe) the 997TT this round, so maybe next.
I checked out an M5 today. they aren't as ugly as I thought and would be a different switch to the E, but they are still selling at quite a premium. It would be about $500 per month more than the E, so I don't see that.

What to do. What to do....do I stretch for the P-car or just get another E?
As far as being able to enjoy it....i would be fine in any of the options. They are all great in one way or another, but I need that grin on my face when I get out that the E55 gives
Old 03-19-2006, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Well, here's the update. hehe!!

I am getting a new car. The chances of a CLS55 are low, since the sale prices on the E55 are the main motivation (or excuse) and I am still not too warm on the looks. I like that it is different and I like the interior look. I currently have a pretty stock black one. It has a MB fin and tinted windows. I will surely do the exact same setup on the new one. I just got 2 rear 275/35/18 PS2s on it that I will either swap out or just let go as wasted money (depends on the deler cooperation). I also just had the service done, too so that's a couple hundred more wasted. I am considering Black, Obsidian Black, or maybe white (but prolly not). Not much difference, huh? I think i do like the obsidian. I am definitely getting it LOADED (minus distronic and Pano). I was planning on adding distronic, TPMS, etc anyway and i really do like the Active ventilated.
I drove a new 'vette (Z06) and it just isn't me.
I am driving a 9974S this week, so we will se how that goes. I am having a hard time giving up almost 500hp for the PCar (must have Aero). I know all about the agility, etc, but I just love the real life power of the E55.
I can't afford (hehe) the 997TT this round, so maybe next.
I checked out an M5 today. they aren't as ugly as I thought and would be a different switch to the E, but they are still selling at quite a premium. It would be about $500 per month more than the E, so I don't see that.

What to do. What to do....do I stretch for the P-car or just get another E?
As far as being able to enjoy it....i would be fine in any of the options. They are all great in one way or another, but I need that grin on my face when I get out that the E55 gives
If more than 2 passanger seating is of no concern to you, DEFF go with the 997 4S, wide body + AWD = performance and looks of a true sports car
Old 03-20-2006, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Couldn't wait and picked up this Obsidian Black '06:
Attached Thumbnails Should I trade in the '05 for an '06??-my2006e55.jpg  
Old 03-20-2006, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aww congrats my friend. Let's get our cars together so they can meet. I will be curious to see the difference in color side by side. So happy for you little devil. Bring it by the bank so I can see. You should have come with us to the track Saturday night. Now what am I going to do with those 18 PS2's I was going to sell you 6 months ago?

Last edited by BENZGal; 03-20-2006 at 01:30 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I trade in the '05 for an '06??