W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming soon....Brabus Caddy V Cars???? WTF!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Coming soon....Brabus Caddy V Cars???? WTF!!

Caddy not messing around.....wow.

New Models: Cadillac to go AMG/Brabus route 23 Mar 06 15:25 Cadillac XLR - a 'Super-V' to come?Cadillac is looking into offering top-end tuner-produced versions of its CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V, and create a new 'Super-V' line-up of high-performance models, reports Edmunds.com's Inside Line.

A Cadillac executive told IL: 'We are considering tuner versions of the Vs and working with an outside company, like Mercedes does with Brabus or Ford does with Saleen.' He said that a 'more European-oriented' company was likely: 'We don't want too much of a muscle-car image. Brabus is a possibility. McLaren is a possibility, as well as Alpina, Lorinser and Dinan. We want more refinement-oriented, as opposed to racing-oriented. Hot interiors would need to be a big part of it.'

He added: 'Super-Vs are under consideration, too. These would be models with some increase in power. They would take the bar higher in terms of handling and wheel and tyre size,' and hinted that engines of up to 12 cylinders could be fitted, as seen in previous Cadillac show cars. (Edmunds.com/insideline).
Old 03-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Received 521 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I think that niche market would be very small. I cannot imagine too many takers..................................... but WTF do I know.

Hey!!!!!!..................do you think that one day I may get humbled by a Caddy K4?
Old 03-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 CTS V Coupe 6MT
[QUOTE=Rock
Hey!!!!!!..................do you think that one day I may get humbled by a Caddy K4? [/QUOTE]

Probably, I hear they will come with drag radials standard!

Dasrok8
Old 03-23-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
that's great news. cadillac is a venerable marque, and clearly mercedes, bmw, etc. could use some credible competition to spur further innovation in the industry.

welcome to the club cadillac; if they do it right, they may even get me back into one of their cars...
Old 03-17-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mazda
i used to smoke the cts-v when it came out with my E39 ///M5 imola red with dinan as much as my wallet let me purchase lmfaooo
Old 03-17-2007, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
It's great to see Cadillac get back into the game. I hope they keep at it.

Just yesterday I saw a mint condition 30s Caddy with a V-16 engine. It was beautiful, had a terrific level of finish, and must have been pretty fast for its day.

The current generation Caddys still lag behind on their interior fit and finish but the Gen IV engines are very strong. The LS2 variant makes 400 HP naturally aspirated and the LS7 makes 500. For just a few $ thousands in mods either can make between 550 HP and 600 HP NA. For less than the price of a K2 setup you can bolt on twin turbos and generate between 800 and 1000 HP.