Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Dyno for a Kleemann E55K

Hi guys,

Would anyone here be able to tell me which fuses need to be removed to dis-able ESP during a dyno run?

The car would not rev up to its limit during WOT. Hence, correct results could not be obtained.

Here's the vid of the dyno run.

http://www.bahrainicars.com/forums/a...chmentid=22030

Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anyone?
Old 03-25-2006, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55AMG, ML420CDI, E320TCDI
Originally Posted by Ahmed
Anyone?
I dont want to sound smart, but try press the ESP button right next to the gear lever.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tried, does not work!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Try this:
To start,turn the ignition key to the first accessory position,making sure the dash display shows the odometer.The SRS airbag light should be on.Press the trip odometer reset button three times RAPIDLY before it goes off.If you do this right,a screen will appear showing a voltmeter.Then press the "up"arrow on the left side of the wheel twice to take you to the "ESP dynamometer test" screen.Using the plus(+) button on the right side of the wheel,select "On".And then start the car.Warnings will appear informing you that the ESP,ABC and Brake Assist aids are now turned off and you're on your own.
To return,scrolback to the dyno test screen and select "w/t.15 off" with the minus(-) button.
Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
Muhtish (08-05-2022)
Old 03-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
^^Dyno mode...that is the way to dyno our beasts...
Old 03-26-2006, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by absent
Try this:
To start,turn the ignition key to the first accessory position,making sure the dash display shows the odometer.The SRS airbag light should be on.Press the trip odometer reset button three times RAPIDLY before it goes off.If you do this right,a screen will appear showing a voltmeter.Then press the "up"arrow on the left side of the wheel twice to take you to the "ESP dynamometer test" screen.Using the plus(+) button on the right side of the wheel,select "On".And then start the car.Warnings will appear informing you that the ESP,ABC and Brake Assist aids are now turned off and you're on your own.
To return,scrolback to the dyno test screen and select "w/t.15 off" with the minus(-) button.
Good luck!
Thank you so much! really appreciate it!
Old 03-26-2006, 04:41 AM

SL55AMG, ML420CDI, E320TCDI
Try this:
Good luck!
I tried investigate, and you are dead right. The ABS will under normal circumstances only allow a speed diff. between wheel, front and rear, of 5%. When disconnected, with the button, the allowance is more but not 100%
You know your stuff.

PS, if you have acces to a 4wheel dyno, this problem will not occur.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:40 AM

2003 CL55 Kompressor Horizon Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by SLcharger
I tried investigate, and you are dead right. The ABS will under normal circumstances only allow a speed diff. between wheel, front and rear, of 5%. When disconnected, with the button, the allowance is more but not 100%
You know your stuff.

PS, if you have acces to a 4wheel dyno, this problem will not occur.
Justing sharing something I noticed relative to the post ... I live in a hilly area, and with ESP off the system will still kick in if I'm throttling up over slight rises and falls in road elevation even if there is no wheel spin and the car is going straight ahead. Seems the acceleration, coupled with the rise and fall car in response to the road is enough to kick the system in.

It's kinda neat in a way ... how violently our cars can pull over hills, that is.

Last edited by mclarenm8d; 03-26-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its big and Grey!
Try this:
Good luck!
I wonder if this dyno mode will work with my CDI for when I get it dynoed.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by 2manytoys
I wonder if this dyno mode will work with my CDI for when I get it dynoed.
No idea,I'm curious myself...
Old 03-26-2006, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mclarenm8d
Justing sharing something I noticed relative to the post ... I live in a hilly area, and with ESP off the system will still kick in if I'm throttling up over slight rises and falls in road elevation even if there is no wheel spin and the car is going straight ahead. Seems the acceleration, coupled with the rise and fall car in response to the road is enough to kick the system in.

It's kinda neat in a way ... how violently our cars can pull over hills, that is.
All Mercs are designed this way. The ESP will kick in whether you like it or not!

Unlike the ///M cars, when the DSC is off, its completely off!