Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to forum - Question of course

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to forum - Question of course

Been lurking for a few weeks now. I am looking to buy an Obsidian Black 2003 E55 and may have found my match but I have a question for some of the owners.

I live in Ohio and my wife had a C230 which was the WORST car ever in the winter! The traction control was worthless. She now drives an Audi TT Roadster which is a dream with its all-wheel drive in the winter.

How do you guys handle the winter driving with the E55? Have you found tires that offer decent wet/snow traction but do not affect dry road performance as well? Do you have another car for inclement weather driving or does the E55 get by?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
I don't drive my E55 in the snow, but you would need a dedicated snow tire to make it through any of the white stuff.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Hey!!! You are in luck, I also live in Ohio. My suggestion for winter E55 driving is no driving. Get a beater with Blizzaks.

If you must drive the car in the winter a good snow tire is a must. I suggest a cheap knock off rim with mounted winter tires. A good place to get these is at the Tire Rack.

Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your soon to be new car.