Sponsored by:

Steve from MBenzNL Socal Trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
Steve from MBenzNL Socal Trip

I just wanted to make a post regarding my experience with Steve/Wanda from MBenzNL. Got to Mark's house in Huntington Beach @ my appt time and he was running late with a couple of cars ahead of me. But I guess things were kicked into overdrive as Steve, Dean, and even Mark all pitched in to help get all the cars out of there by a decent time. Watching Steve and Dean work on these cars really is quite something....these guys obviously know how to tear these cars down in matter of minutes and are careful about their work as well. I got the euro command, euro impact strips, and the power folding mirrors done by them and I HIGHLY recommend them for work involving OEM/AMG parts. Only thing Steve couldn't get working on my car was letting my mirrors automatically fold when I lock the car but that is a slight detail...since I am probably going to get some other goodies down the line from him and Wanda and we can try the Star programming again. On the communications' side Wanda definitely gets the thumbs up as well. She responded promptly to all my questions and was very courteous. Quite a nice operation they got running. I hope all the other guys that got work done @ HB can chime in as well to vouch for MBenzNL's good work. I also enjoyed the conversations I had with Mark as well...guy's definitely an enthusiast and very kind to host the installation sessions. I'll probably post up some pictures after my carlsson lip and BBS LMs are mounted on the car...hopefully I can find time to work on the car this week. Thanks a bunch MbenzNL!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Hopefully Steve will have time to work out the auto-folding feature on mine. He's flying in Wednesday.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I don't know that Steve is the problem. Lol!! he told me I lucked out and had the E from SD that has the feature working. Haha.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I agree with tama_mog fully!

These guys spent 4 solid hours (mostly Dean in my trunk LOL!!), just to run some wires.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I was there last year for my HID programming.....

STEVE is the man!
Old 04-10-2006, 01:42 PM

04 CL600
How about Chicago area?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:49 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
I just got my SL55 back from Steve 20 minutes ago and WOW. What a great job! He has my E55 right now (just lowering) and I'll let y'all know how that goes tonight. Except for the scheduling (looks like they got backed up), I can't say enough good things!

~ Ian

Trending Topics

Old 04-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
Well... the scheduling of all SoCal installs was more than just 'tight'. Over 30 cars in only 3 days. Which is something that can be done reasonably when things go smoothly. But I believe Steve had issues with some of the parts he had to install in various cars... And that always results in delayed schedules.

Anyways, it was our pleasure to help you guys (John, Arjang and Ian) out with your mods. And Kevin, you will be next.

And t-boy... we won't forget about Chicago. Next trip.

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 04-11-2006, 09:57 AM

08' S550,,,C63!
Originally Posted by BigSis
Well... the scheduling of all SoCal installs was more than just 'tight'. Over 30 cars in only 3 days. Which is something that can be done reasonably when things go smoothly. But I believe Steve had issues with some of the parts he had to install in various cars... And that always results in delayed schedules.

Anyways, it was our pleasure to help you guys (John, Arjang and Ian) out with your mods. And Kevin, you will be next.

And t-boy... we won't forget about Chicago. Next trip.

greetingz,

BigSis
How about Puerto Rico you think he could make here some day!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:29 PM

2005 Flint Grey E55
all i can say is AMAZING! just waiting and watching him do it is fun! I got my car lowered 3/4" and just watching him do it was so exciting! i highly recommend MBenzNL THEY ARE THE BEST! screw MB dealers. go to Steve, Dean, and Wanda!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
thanks for the thumbs up guys!

Scheduling didn't work out to well mainly due to several NON FUNCTIONING parts (new, out of the box, straight from the dealership we had 3 parts that didn't work properly).

The first day just plain sucked - didn't work out at all and everything got backed up...the second day went quite well and the third day was no problem either except for Ians SL that took a lot longer then we thought (due to some aftermarket work done by other and due to one NEW non functioning part that had to be repaired)...

Skipped several nights sofar and will skip the next 2 nights as well - almost done now...

greetingz,
Old 04-12-2006, 10:09 AM

2004 CLK500, 78 6.9,
BiX

Steve personally installed Bixenons into my car over the weekend, look great, fast install. He also hooked up that computer thing to my car, and changed something that I realized as I was driving home...

When I change my instrument cluster display to show how many miles I have until I run out of gas, I now see how many gallons of fuel are in my tank. neat! Thanks, Steve!

I personally enjoyed that they were a bit behind schedule - I got to talk to some other owners, check out a couple of modded Smart Cars, and see some real pros at work.

-Jello