MD/DC/VA area wheel repair?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
MD/DC/VA area wheel repair?

I need a high end wheel repair shop and im not sure if my area provides one. My buddy bent his left front wheel, the fronts are 3 piece forged chrome 22x9.5's I think...anyways he needs to get the lip repaired. Any help is appreciated.

Jason
Old 04-11-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by E55JAY
I need a high end wheel repair shop and im not sure if my area provides one. My buddy bent his left front wheel, the fronts are 3 piece forged chrome 22x9.5's I think...anyways he needs to get the lip repaired. Any help is appreciated.

Jason

Hey Bro,

Go to Ye Olde Wheel Shop in Elkridge,MD (6363 Washington Blvd)

1.800.526.8260 or 410.796.8400 ask for Daniel Yi

The did a AWESOME job when they fixed my 19' AMG rims that I had on my E55.

You can schedule a appointment for a Sat, and drive the rim up and they will fix it while you wait.

the Greek
Old 04-12-2006, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by 04E55 AMG
Hey Bro,

Go to Ye Olde Wheel Shop in Elkridge,MD (6363 Washington Blvd)

1.800.526.8260 or 410.796.8400 ask for Daniel Yi

The did a AWESOME job when they fixed my 19' AMG rims that I had on my E55.

You can schedule a appointment for a Sat, and drive the rim up and they will fix it while you wait.

the Greek
Hey Spero,

Long time no see/hear. I have been dealing with Ye Ole for a real long time...but I dont know if I would trust them with forged wheels. These are for a friends Bentley GT. Thanks for the tip....I hate calling there, lol.

Jason
Old 04-12-2006, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've sent a lot of business Ye Ol' Wheel Shop's way (HRE's, Auto Couture, etc, etc.). They have the capability to produce good work, but I hate dealing with them. If I can find another local alternative, I'm wiling to give them (the alternative that is) a shot.

Just as someone had said, I hate calling there too, to check on the status of wheels that I have up there. Trying to make sense to the lady that answers the phone is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. They always say 2 weeks and simply don't deliver time wise.

I remember more recently having them repair a set of brand new HRE's for a 745. As the wheels were being reinstalled, a slight bend was still present enough in the rim that it caused that annoying centrific wobbling at a speed. The wheel was returned to Ye Ol & received an ear full saying that we damaged the wheel after repair.

Needless to say, they took back the wheel & repaired it free of cost.

The trick and/or key to Ye Ol is to befriend one of the techs who actually work on the wheels and you'll be more than OK. I used to know the shop Owner's son, but since I didn't need any repairs for the past couple of years, I lost his #.

I'll do some digging and see what other options may be available. Check back later tonight.

Last edited by lexlyf; 04-12-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by lexlyf
I've sent a lot of business Ye Ol' Wheel Shop's way (HRE's, Auto Couture, etc, etc.). They have the capability to produce good work, but I hate dealing with them. If I can find another local alternative, I'm wiling to give them (the alternative that is) a shot.

Just as someone had said, I hate calling there too, to check on the status of wheels that I have up there. Trying to make sense to the lady that answers the phone is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. They always say 2 weeks and simply don't deliver time wise.

I remember more recently having them repair a set of brand new HRE's for a 745. As the wheels were being reinstalled, a slight bend was still present enough in the rim that it caused that annoying centrific wobbling at a speed. The wheel was returned to Ye Ol & received an ear full saying that we damaged the wheel after repair.

Needless to say, they took back the wheel & repaired it free of cost.

The trick and/or key to Ye Ol is to befriend one of the techs who actually work on the wheels and you'll be more than OK. I used to know the shop Owner's son, but since I didn't need any repairs for the past couple of years, I lost his #.

I'll do some digging and see what other options may be available. Check back later tonight.

Last time I went, I made a Sat appointment and drove up with the rim and waited for them to fix it.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by E55JAY
Hey Spero,

Long time no see/hear. I have been dealing with Ye Ole for a real long time...but I dont know if I would trust them with forged wheels. These are for a friends Bentley GT. Thanks for the tip....I hate calling there, lol.

Jason

Been very busy starting up a new business. I have a 07 BLK Z06 arriving later this year
Old 04-12-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last time I went, I made a Sat appointment and drove up with the rim and waited for them to fix it.
I've never been that lucky.

We have had different experiences, but coming from someone who has spent at least $1,100 in wheel repairs (directly and indirectly) one would think that my experience would have been as rewarding as yours.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Been very busy starting up a new business. I have a 07 BLK Z06 arriving later this year
PM sent