Best E55 I can get for $70k?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'95 M3, '03 CLK320
Best E55 I can get for $70k?

Hey guys,

Am my out of my mind thinking I can get a new '05 (on the lot) e55 for 70k w/ lighting and premium?

I'm looking to spend about $70k on a car. I want an e55, and the newer with less miles the better. Are there still '05's on the lot that dealers want out? I'm in socal btw...

If I am out of my mind, what is more realistic? A low mileage CPO '05?

What are the socal dealerships I should visit? Which ones should I stay away from? Any contacts that I should know about?

Help me out guys! Thanks

Sam
Old 04-19-2006, 02:13 AM

00 E55 AMG
A new 05 E55 invoiced for $76K and retailed for $81K. A used 05 E55 with 12K miles trades in for $66K, then retails for $72K. Your $70K gets you the used 05 E55 if you can "talk the talk", and "walk the walk", regardless of which dealership. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:15 AM

honduh, bimmer, bEnz, ferrari and etc
Originally Posted by Sam L
Hey guys,

Am my out of my mind thinking I can get a new '05 (on the lot) e55 for 70k w/ lighting and premium?

I'm looking to spend about $70k on a car. I want an e55, and the newer with less miles the better. Are there still '05's on the lot that dealers want out? I'm in socal btw...

If I am out of my mind, what is more realistic? A low mileage CPO '05?

What are the socal dealerships I should visit? Which ones should I stay away from? Any contacts that I should know about?

Help me out guys! Thanks

Sam
there are individuals are out there, that will tell you they get 15k off on '05. which is not entirely impossible, but i certainly don't consider that normal, normal as in "walking into any deal and bargain hard and u can get that kinda deal".
i am in ny, and i could not find that deal anywhere around here.

to buy a new '05 at 70k, it means a minimum of 15k off of msrp, good luck.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by toro4me
there are individuals are out there, that will tell you they get 15k off on '05. which is not entirely impossible, but i certainly don't consider that normal, normal as in "walking into any deal and bargain hard and u can get that kinda deal".
i am in ny, and i could not find that deal anywhere around here.

to buy a new '05 at 70k, it means a minimum of 15k off of msrp, good luck.

Try Manny Molina at Laguna Niguel MB. He is a good guy and will work you the best deal he can. He and my father in law were old USC buddies and took care of us when we bought 2 cars from him last year.
Not sure about the 70K for a new car but you never know.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
I am here in NY and they are selling an 05 loadedwith less than 10k miles for 69K, silver with pano roof, navi, can't tell if it has keyless go. Looks good though.

Here is the link if interested

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/modeli...del=E55#vdptop
Old 04-19-2006, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by jody420
I am here in NY and they are selling an 05 loadedwith less than 10k miles for 69K, silver with pano roof, navi, can't tell if it has keyless go. Looks good though.

Here is the link if interested

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/modeli...del=E55#vdptop
dat place is the ultimate ghetto place. auto expo.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Please explain what do you mean by Ghetto... They may be ghetto, but their inventory is top of the line. Regardless of what ever it is I go there for the deals and the competitive prices they offer.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:33 AM

00 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Sam L
...I'm looking to spend about $70k on a car. I want an e55, and the newer with less miles the better. Are there still '05's on the lot that dealers want out?...Sam
Sam check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-20-2006, 02:22 AM

Please explain what do you mean by Ghetto... They may be ghetto, but their inventory is top of the line. Regardless of what ever it is I go there for the deals and the competitive prices they offer.
having few SL500 in the show room do not change the fact they are ghetto.
the sales ppl are ghetto, the way they conduct biz is ghetto, every aspect is ghetto. of course, my opinion. feel free to disagree.

sure, their price is on the lower side, but all the "seem-2b-good price" cars there are beaten to ****. anything thats actually decent is not really cheap.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
How can a car driven only 9k miles be beat, i just don't understand that part. But like you said everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess you would prefer to stop by Helms Brothers Mercedes a few blocks down and let them empty your wallet. To each his own.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:46 PM

How can a car driven only 9k miles be beat, i just don't understand that part. But like you said everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess you would prefer to stop by Helms Brothers Mercedes a few blocks down and let them empty your wallet. To each his own.
condition of a car does not just depend on mileage.
a car with 20k can look "newer, cleaner, nicer" than a car with 10k. it simply reflects how the owner treated it.

i prolly will go for a blk loaded '05 with same mileage for $68k from massapegua benz, its a clean car. u can even get the starmark certified with 2k more.

thus, deals are out there, on used '05 or '06, no need to go to auto broker if similar deals can be had at authorized dealer.

of course, i am still intersted in those dealers ppl claim 15k off msrp on brand new cars, but i myself have not came across on here in NY.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:16 PM

'95 M3, '03 CLK320
Originally Posted by rrrruBENZ///E55
rrruBENZ: yeah, thanks. I did see that on ebay. unfortunately it has no options and I'd actually prefer to purchase local (not ebay).

I'm thinking maybe a CLS is more in my price range...do you guys think I can get a well optioned CLS550 in a few months in the low 70's?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:37 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
I recently picked up my '05, heavily optioned, for $65k. Deals are out there! Scour Ebay, that's where I found mine. Required some shipping, as you won't find any good deals in the S.F. Bay Area or the like. But prices are falling.

Though if these $1k/month leases had been around three months ago, I'd certainly have gone that way instead of buying a used '05. Any reason you don't want to lease something new?

Happy hunting,

Skeeter
Old 04-20-2006, 03:48 PM

'95 M3, '03 CLK320
Originally Posted by Skeeter
I recently picked up my '05, heavily optioned, for $65k. Deals are out there! Scour Ebay, that's where I found mine. Required some shipping, as you won't find any good deals in the S.F. Bay Area or the like. But prices are falling.

Though if these $1k/month leases had been around three months ago, I'd certainly have gone that way instead of buying a used '05. Any reason you don't want to lease something new?

Happy hunting,

Skeeter
Skeeter,

Thanks for the reply. I'm considering a lease, but have always liked to own my cars until they die! If I decide to lease, I'll definitely do the 06 for 1k/month deal.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:47 PM

Happy hunting,

Skeeter
new? used?
dealer? broker? private seller?
Old 04-20-2006, 07:17 PM

Skeeter
never mind. saw your earlier post, used with 25k miles isn't a steal at 65k. i thought it was new.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:34 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
Best I could find! Identical cars were going for $75K + around here. Crazy!

Skeeter
Old 04-20-2006, 10:55 PM

2012 C63 and some other stuff
I have a 05 E55 with 150 miles on it. In service date is 12-31-05. I was gonna drive it for about 5,000 miles or so but I already have my eye on a cl65. I have a dealer’s license in Delaware and buy cars as a hobby. I do not make money jus try to minimize the pipe I take on cars because they are my drug of choice. . . . . .Anyway it has pano . . .keyless . . .navi . . .seats . . . and lighting package. It is white with a charcoal int. I bought it for $76,500 and would like to get what I paid . . . . But I may jus drive it for a year and have fun and lose $10K. Car is as new and never over 4000 rpms and I picked it up with 75 miles on it. I will prob try skibay and autotrader. I know this is more than you wanted to pay but thought I would post it anyway. Good luck. For what it is worth I would rather have a AMG E with 25,000 miles on it than a cls500 with none. I may take pipe on a high mile E at trade in time but trade in time will come a lot quicker with the 500 . . . .for me anyway. I need the power and always want more.

Questions or pics dcrowley@pettinaro.com

DC
Old 04-21-2006, 03:00 AM

2005 E55 Black
Originally Posted by DELAWAREDAVE
I have a 05 E55 with 150 miles on it. In service date is 12-31-05. I was gonna drive it for about 5,000 miles or so but I already have my eye on a cl65. I have a dealer’s license in Delaware and buy cars as a hobby. I do not make money jus try to minimize the pipe I take on cars because they are my drug of choice. . . . . .Anyway it has pano . . .keyless . . .navi . . .seats . . . and lighting package. It is white with a charcoal int. I bought it for $76,500 and would like to get what I paid . . . . But I may jus drive it for a year and have fun and lose $10K. Car is as new and never over 4000 rpms and I picked it up with 75 miles on it. I will prob try skibay and autotrader. I know this is more than you wanted to pay but thought I would post it anyway. Good luck. For what it is worth I would rather have a AMG E with 25,000 miles on it than a cls500 with none. I may take pipe on a high mile E at trade in time but trade in time will come a lot quicker with the 500 . . . .for me anyway. I need the power and always want more.

Questions or pics dcrowley@pettinaro.com

DC
What amazes me on this forum is that people think these E-55's with 10-20K miles are high mileage cars. These are German Mercedes vehicles! The car isn't even broken in yet! These cars should run 250,000 miles before needing any major work. I've been overseas many times and ride in Mercedes all over the world. As a matter of fact I'm writing this from China right now. I've been in Mercedes S Class cars with 450,000 km's on them and they drive like new. Interiors look immaculate and there isn't a single squeak or rattle. I don't take my car to the track so I don't know what shape those cars are in but when buying an E-55 I would want to know the history of the vehicle. I think the resale is down on this car because most people assume they get the crap beat out of them. Mine has 4200 miles on it and I plan to drive it for some time and enjoy it for what it is.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by machz990
What amazes me on this forum is that people think these E-55's with 10-20K miles are high mileage cars. These are German Mercedes vehicles! The car isn't even broken in yet! These cars should run 250,000 miles before needing any major work. I've been overseas many times and ride in Mercedes all over the world. As a matter of fact I'm writing this from China right now. I've been in Mercedes S Class cars with 450,000 km's on them and they drive like new. Interiors look immaculate and there isn't a single squeak or rattle. I don't take my car to the track so I don't know what shape those cars are in but when buying an E-55 I would want to know the history of the vehicle. I think the resale is down on this car because most people assume they get the crap beat out of them. Mine has 4200 miles on it and I plan to drive it for some time and enjoy it for what it is.
you are missing the point. no one is saying the car does not last with more miles. we are saying when you buy a used car, of course lower the mileage the better if price is not much different.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
and to "add insult to injury", if you think...

that these late model Benz cars will go 250k or more like the old ones, you obviously have not owned one. They're still somewhat durable, but the days of the middle 6 figure mile cars--Benz or otherwise--are long gone. The quality of the parts is simply not there. Sad, but the world we live in. Thank your friends at Daimler Chrysler....
Old 04-27-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by machz990
didn't anyone tell you? they build the cars better for non-US markets!
Old 04-27-2006, 02:10 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
that these late model Benz cars will go 250k or more like the old ones, you obviously have not owned one. They're still somewhat durable, but the days of the middle 6 figure mile cars--Benz or otherwise--are long gone. The quality of the parts is simply not there. Sad, but the world we live in. Thank your friends at Daimler Chrysler....
Yep, it's all true. Began specifically with the 1996 E-class, which introduced the concept of "3-year lifespan" into the MB engineering echelon. A little research revealed that most Americans only keep a car for about 3 years; thus, why bother building these things to last 10 or more years? So, the quality of the switches, etc. in the interior, as well as the rest of it, took a nosedive from the prior E and other cars. Incidentally, I've forgotten when the Chrysler "merger" occurred so I can't say whether Chrysler's to blame or not. Still, that sort of decision was likely dictated more by shareholder value / profit maximizing drivers than any sway the Chrysler people may have had in the merged company. Besides, wasn't it Schrempp who was loudly bragging about how it was never a "merger" but more a "takeover", at least from Daimler's point of view?

Anyway, you want a hot E class you can drive for 10 years, you oughtta find a nice, low-miles 500E from the early-mid 90's and baby it. If I'd had a brain in my head I would've done that, since I'm partial to driving things into the ground myself. Would've saved a ton of dough over the e55T i'm driving... then again, the 500E didn't come in a wagon configuration! If not for that, though...

Am I the only one who's scared of the day all of this hyper-advanced technology in my e55 starts to fail or need replacement? Is any car with so much technology even worth keeping past the warranty expiration date? I know from reading the posts on this thread that the buy and hold thing isn't really a consideration with a lot of you guys, but since many of you are also wealthy and may be older/more experienced than I am, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions.

thanks, and sorry if I'm hijacking this thread.

vic
Old 04-27-2006, 02:13 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
the days of the middle 6 figure mile cars--Benz or otherwise--are long gone.

Nowadays the best one can hope for is a "middle 5 finger" car...
Old 04-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rrrruBENZ///E55
A new 05 E55 invoiced for $76K and retailed for $81K. A used 05 E55 with 12K miles trades in for $66K, then retails for $72K. Your $70K gets you the used 05 E55 if you can "talk the talk", and "walk the walk", regardless of which dealership. Good luck.

Yup Yup!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best E55 I can get for $70k?