W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Kleemann K2 vs Evosport Stage 2....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2006 | 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by MB_Steve
Just curious, but where do you get these #s. The Kleemann website says that K2 makes 560 hp and 578 ft/ibs of torque.
I've asked... Kleeamann Denmark and Kleemann US about US figures and European figures and no one cold give ME proper anwsers...

Denmark said with get 560 with K2 and US said we always see 100 HP and 100 Torgues or more increase with K2...
Old 05-02-2006 | 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Why couple of times and why you didnt go for Powerchip since you got their headers ???

Originally Posted by DJe55

DJe55...

Did you have you ECU re-programmed for Evo headers ???
I did have to send it back to Kleemann a couple of times to get the A/F ratio's right and to allow for the EVO headers.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-03-2006 | 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Someone modded with K2 or EVO 2 find EVO2 or K2 and RACE THEM PLS !!!
Old 05-03-2006 | 12:59 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Someone modded with K2 or EVO 2 find EVO2 or K2 and RACE THEM PLS !!!

Yes... I want to know the result before I shelled out the green... Been hearing conflicting stories...
Old 05-03-2006 | 01:20 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Guys,

Really... The 2 packages are so close in performance that my recommendation would be to pick the tuner that is CLOSEST to where you live so that you have support should anything go wrong.

From a price point and performance standpoint they are very close to eachother. Flip a coin...
Old 05-03-2006 | 01:50 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by vrus
Guys,

Really... The 2 packages are so close in performance that my recommendation would be to pick the tuner that is CLOSEST to where you live so that you have support should anything go wrong.

From a price point and performance standpoint they are very close to eachother. Flip a coin...
I can't agree more. Even if two cars raced with each package that still may not tell you the whole story. None of our cars are truly the same in regards to HP and TQ- some have stronger cars than others in stock format. I have lighter wheels and brakes which accounts for about 80lbs in unsprung weight savings. Do you think that would make a difference, I do.

I went with Evo because they are 20 miles from my house and I can get support at any given moment. Seriously if I have an issue, I can call them and get it done that day. I need a dyno done on my car with the Eisenmann exhaust so I called today and it will be done tonight. I think it all boils down to logistics if the quality and service are equal.
Old 05-03-2006 | 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Yes... I want to know the result before I shelled out the green... Been hearing conflicting stories...

I recently made the choice to go with Evosport. I would love to tell you why I chose them over Kleemann.

Like everyone says the numbers are very close, and they are both quality products. I took a closer look at the two companies to see what seperated the two and found something very cool about Evosport.

Evosport is the only company that sponsors the S.Cali meets each and every time without getting anything back in return. They support this forum and remain unbiased for all of you that don't know that. The owners Simon and Brad teach a professional driving course at many of the tracks, and are two of the best Euro drivers I know. They own several Euro cars. They sponsors several cars that compete and win. They put out a product that is not crap and has proven to be very dependable. They think outside the box and can come up with custom mods that don't blow your engine or ruin their reputation. They don't cook their dyno's. You can call both of them personally and they will get back to you with an answer. Try calling the owner of Kleemann. LOL They are also an authorized Kleemann dealer so if you don't want their product they will install Kleemann for you. When you give them your business they use their connections and get wheels and aftermarket products at a good price. They do performance parts for MBZ's, BMW and Ferrari.

Last but not least I will tell you what really sold it for me...a few weeks ago I was at their shop getting some work done on my car and Brad one of the owners got a visit from his wife, mom and little boy. He took the time to introduce me his customer, to his family. Simon and the rest of the staff have helped me on numerous occasions and their customer service is top notch. These are two car nuts that work hard, play hard and put out a kick a$$ product. I don't know about you guys, but I work hard for my money and I would rather give it to two cool guys that put out a dependable product, value family, customer service and give back to us.

I take the challenge of racing a K2. I need to wait till my car is done though. Sometime around the end of June.
Old 05-12-2006 | 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Vic55...

Did you did those Dyno runs with Eisenmann Exhaust and Secondary cats removed any good or bad results
Old 05-12-2006 | 12:40 PM

SL65 AMG
Got the dyno from kleemann and over stock my car gained 92hp and 118lbft with the k2 mods. They also said that is with a fresh ecu. After I get some miles on it to expct another 10hp and lbft. So I am very happy, they said 100hp and 105lbft gain and we are pretty much there give or take. Great guys and great product.