Sponsored by:

Project Renntech Stage 1 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG, 2006 Range Rover Sport with Kahn Design Package
Skeeter, not to worry. Tell me when you are free, i'll make an appointment for you at one of the dealership. I am guessing the sensors are messed up but either way the MB technician will inform me of the problem after he checked your car.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Renntech dyno sheet

This is the Renntech dyno sheet.

Base on our results,
HP gain = Renntech estimate
Torque gain > Renntech estimate

Again, Skeeter's baseline was higher than the usual E55. This was because his car was left for an hr before being dyno-ed. Hence this was a cold run.
Kronen has decided to dyno his car again.

Stay tune for Kronen's Renntech project II. This time Stage III Renntech!

Last edited by art@kronen; 04-11-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:53 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
Guys,

Nothing but great things to say about the guys at Kronen! I was an 'off the street' customer, no previous connection to them or personal reference. They treated me like a friend and did GREAT work.

Everything was done on time, which is a crazy change for ANY car work The car was returned spotlessly clean, the old parts were neatly packaged an put in the trunk, etc. Really a class operation at a great price.

If you want an extra 10% or so, I'd highly suggest you go for it. The car feels totally stock save the crushing power. And again, the difference looks fairly small on paper, but MAN does it feel huge! Rare to have your expectations met, with no bad surprises, great follow-up support, and all on time and under budget. Kronen definitely will get some repeat Skeeter business!

Skeeter
Old 05-13-2006, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by Skeeter
Guys,

Nothing but great things to say about the guys at Kronen! I was an 'off the street' customer, no previous connection to them or personal reference. They treated me like a friend and did GREAT work.

Everything was done on time, which is a crazy change for ANY car work The car was returned spotlessly clean, the old parts were neatly packaged an put in the trunk, etc. Really a class operation at a great price.

If you want an extra 10% or so, I'd highly suggest you go for it. The car feels totally stock save the crushing power. And again, the difference looks fairly small on paper, but MAN does it feel huge! Rare to have your expectations met, with no bad surprises, great follow-up support, and all on time and under budget. Kronen definitely will get some repeat Skeeter business!

Skeeter
I know how you feel. That is exactly how I feel about Kleemann Colorado.

... now step it up and go with RT stage 4 so we can have something to hoot n' hollar about.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you for the kind words Skeeter! We @ Kronen will always welcome you!!
Old 05-13-2006, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by adam@kronen
This is the Renntech dyno sheet.

Base on our results,
HP gain = Renntech estimate
Torque gain > Renntech estimate

Again, Skeeter's baseline was higher than the usual E55. This was because his car was left for an hr before being dyno-ed. Hence this was a cold run.
Kronen has decided to dyno his car again.

Stay tune for Kronen's Renntech project II. This time Stage III Renntech!
I'm confused from this dyno sheet. What are we supposed to glean from it? You show us a chart where the baseline run had a problem (probably spinning tires or fuel ratio). The HP w/o the problem should be about 400. Then you state that after the upgrade, Skeeter's car is making the same (expected) power as a car that baselined about 25 HP less. Does that mean that the RT mod will only produce about 440 HP, independent of baseline?

This chart doesn't help us understand the RT Stage 1 capability. An invalid baseline run, no A/F ratio graph, and plotting HP/Torque on different scales to show more curve separation combine to make this chart meaningless. A skeptical person would assume it was meant to deceive...

All we really need to see is a post-mods, cold run on Skeeter's car - exactly like the first dyno sheet you posted.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are right. The dyno charts are incomplete at this moment. Skeeter has all the complete dyno sheets on paper. I am awaiting a more detail chart from the dyno shop. So please be patient as i am trying to obtain the file to post it online.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:30 PM

Grumpy,

No deception going on. I'm due in next week for a cold dyno run. I pressed Kronen for time and they had to do a warm run post mod. So I have nice printouts from the COLD run PRE mod, and a printout of a WARM run, POST mod. Looks like Adam posted the Renntech 'standard' dyno insted of my warm post mod dyno results. We dont' have a apples-to-apples set of runs yet...

I ain't got no scanner, tho Numbers post mod aren't as impressive as I'm guessing they'll be on a proper cold dyno. Pre mod, we had time to let the car sit for an hour before putting it on the dyno. Post, it sat for 10 minutes or I'd have had to wait several days more to get dyno time...

Adam might have the pre and post #s, or I'll post em tomorrow. Horse Power was up 15-20 I think. Torque was to 490 or something, more impressive. But again, hot vs. cold. Fuel curve was perfect both runs. And DAMN the car feels better. Based on the supercharger chirp, the blower is kicking in earlier, almost right off idle instead of close to 2k rpm as before. Feels like muuuucho more torque, I've been a genuine speed demon (when safe and legal) since yesterday afternoon. And the quality of the 'chirp' seems a bit different, maybe engaging faster since it is getting spun with more urgency? Hmmm...

Best of all, Kronen is going to pick up half the cost of the additional dyno pull, since if they'd have timed everything perfectly we'd had time to let the car sit adequately. So no complaints from me.

Oh, and as a P.S., the seatbelt chime stopped over the course of the day's driving, so I'm sure there was no link to the mod or ECU reprogrog. I'm now totally, 100% happy. Yaaaaay.

Skeeter

Last edited by Skeeter; 05-13-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
so what did you end up paying for the upgrade? you did the pulley and ecu right and what were the estimated gains?

thnx
mike
Old 05-15-2006, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just talked to DSR over the phone. We will have the dyno sheets soon.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mike,
Skeeter paid less than $5000 for the pulley, software. (which inc tax/freight/labor). If you are interested, pm me.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 Mercedes E55, 01 Porsche 996 Cabrio, 07 GMC Yukon
Skeeter,

How's the car doing?
Old 05-17-2006, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Clum, just talked to him last night. He's lovin' it. PM him if you have a chance!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Hi Adam
still looking forward to seeing the post install dyno pics - even if they were run under heat soal conditions
thanks
Old 05-18-2006, 03:38 PM

Hey guys,

Yeah, I'm extremely happy with the results. The car absolutely FLIES. Crushing power. There are clear, objective indicators that she's putting out more thrust. Wheels spinning at speeds they didn't used to, t/c kicking in at speeds it didn't before, etc.

But I'll tell you, it comes at a price: I feel boxed in all the time! ARGH! Rarely can I wind her up and let the motor really do it's thing. I'm contantly at quarter-throttle at best. Just not enough room in the Bay Area, between traffic and bad roads...

But the mod has been hassle-free extra power. I'm extremely glad I did it! The easiest, cheapest big power gain I've had in any vehicle I've owned, and the guys @ Kronen were tops. I'd suggest you go for it if you are looking for cheap horsepower.

Ok, if Adam doesn't post the dyno run in the next few days, I'll try and dig them up, locate a scanner, and try & figure out how to post them myself... Adam has been calling me to try & set up another 'cold' dyno run as well, so we get apples-to-apples. I'm too busy right now, but if anyone wants to see the cold vs. heat-soaked runs, I'll try to get the hot dyno up soon.

Now my question is whether or not to put the Renntech logo(s) on the car! On the one hand, nice to let peole know that this isn't your ordinary beast. On the other hand, why warn 'em? The car looks elegant as is, adding even the nice, reasonably subtle Renntech badges might clash with the black-and-chrome thing I got goin' on. And of course who wants to give the dealership that clear an indicator that I've modded the car? Guess they stay off for now...

Skeeter