W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

new member/w211 assist needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2006 | 11:08 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
new member/w211 assist needed

any idea on cost for kleemann stage II and performance gains. any idea how to acquire and deploy a drag parachute to slow her down post op? is there anything street legal that can't get walked by w211 kleeman II (ex- some of the exotics like f1 Mclaren, 959 Porsche & etc.). by the way saw perfromance figures to 60 & 1/4 that show our Beast is close/better versus new e60/v10. also, had a 997s come up fast behind in second to fast lane today as i was signal for inside lane-interest that when i looked in rearview that he smirked and waived me over to take-never tried to pull on the car-basically, just left her alone to roll on...
Old 05-10-2006 | 11:25 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by m52e55
any idea on cost for kleemann stage II and performance gains. any idea how to acquire and deploy a drag parachute to slow her down post op? is there anything street legal that can't get walked by w211 kleeman II (ex- some of the exotics like f1 Mclaren, 959 Porsche & etc.). by the way saw perfromance figures to 60 & 1/4 that show our Beast is close/better versus new e60/v10. also, had a 997s come up fast behind in second to fast lane today as i was signal for inside lane-interest that when i looked in rearview that he smirked and waived me over to take-never tried to pull on the car-basically, just left her alone to roll on...
1) I don't know the cost (I use Renntech's stuff) but Kleemann claims around 560hp and 570tq from that level of mods.

2) A parachute could be mounted to the fram at the rea of the car under the bumper. Any drag-racing parts house has the stuff you would need. I fell the need to point out, however, that even the fastest modded AMG kompressor cars don't even come close to the 1/4 mile MPH mark where a parachute would be required by the NHRA (or any other sanctioning body that I'm aware of), which is 150mph. Also, if installed improperly or deployed at the wrong time, a parachute can cause a very violent wreck. But hey, by all means, give it hell.

3) Modded E55 vs. stock cars, the E55 is pretty near the top of the food chain. If you start talking about other modded cars as well, then there's plenty of stuff that will blow the doors off even the most heavily modded E55.

Good luck.