Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Angry Front License Plate

My wife was pulled over yesterday for not having the front plate on her E55. Any advice on how to attach it without drilling holes in the bumper. In Cali this is a fix it ticket so I am searching for a good temporary solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2006, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
i have a stash of plastic zip ties in my glove box, i fix mine on the spot when i get pulled over for it and the ticket is thrown out (usualy) then when i get home, take out my scissors and snip the ties and plate goes back in the trunk.

btw i mount the plate with the ties to the mesh grill in the lower part of the bumper, i have the 2005 c class w/ AMG bumper
Old 05-25-2006, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by lkirchner
My wife was pulled over yesterday for not having the front plate on her E55. Any advice on how to attach it without drilling holes in the bumper. In Cali this is a fix it ticket so I am searching for a good temporary solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I was pulled over and given a ticket for the same thing with my last car.....I think it's the most ridiculous reason to be fined!!!!!!!!

And I still don't have the front license plate on my Benz, and I doubt I ever will. Those stupid license plates completely ruin a cars lines IMO.....

As for a good temp solution........I agree, the plastic ties will work well with the AMG mesh grill. Drilling holes in a Benz should be outlawed.....
Old 05-25-2006, 02:02 PM

honduh, bimmer, bEnz, ferrari and etc
for temp display, u can make some hooks out of paper clip and hang the plate on the mesh airdam in the front opening, i did that on my M3, can not drive with it, but can display it when parked.

speaking of getting no front plate tix, i can not even count how many i have received. here in NYC going out of midtown tunnel is a guaranteed tix cuz they got cops standby there 24x7, i think some of them know me now.
if u want the car looks good, then u need to be ready to pay to play.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
This is probably the best product for our cars. I don't know what size holes we have but maybe someone could fabricate it for us?

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=274802
Old 05-25-2006, 05:03 PM

Alfa 147 GTA #100/100
Response

3M does a heavy duty velcro tape (used on sailing boats) - that's what I use...
Old 05-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS 55 AMG DAILY!
what I us is magnets. I place a heavy duty one the inside of the bumper and one on the liceances plate with a felt cover over the magnet and when ever i have to go for the fix it, i put it no and I'm cool. Not for driving just for show... Haven't done to the CLS but it worked on my G35...
Old 06-18-2006, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
So my wife got a front plate fix-it. I never even bothered looking at the front plate bracket until now. So do you just use tapping screws to attach the plate to the black plastic holder?
Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by lowpost
So my wife got a front plate fix-it. I never even bothered looking at the front plate bracket until now. So do you just use tapping screws to attach the plate to the black plastic holder?
I finally got around to attaching the plate in order to get my wife's fix a ticket taken care of. I attached it to the mesh in the front with cable ties. I put the black thing on with double faced tape to get an idea as to how it would look---- it looked like crap. That is why I did the cable ties. There is no way that I am going to drill into the front bumper. By the way the plate is off again.

Last edited by lkirchner; 06-19-2006 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Correction