Help with buying used E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Help with buying used E55?

I just recently decide to try and find a used E55,03-06 model. I have been searching through as many post's here as I can but still need some input. What year should I look for first? Is there a year that they had fewer problems or had better options? I'm doing as much research on the E55 that I can from this site and other places.My main concern about these cars is the motor and trans.I have seen to much about trans problems but then again I havent looked to hard in that area yet,mostly I have been reading about the water pump failures for the innercoolers(sp?) and ecu reflashes? When I hear talk about super chargers shutting down are they doing so because of the water pumps going out? Or is there another reason for the shut downs? Do these cars have many electrical gremlins? I have 2 friends with 55's and neither have had many problems,atleast not problems that would keep me from buying a used one in the future. Did some years come with "Full maintanence" programs or not? Is there a place on the net where I can find out when and how much the service intrevals are? I have read the thread at the top where the TSB's are listed and cant believe how many there actually are! With that being said I also dont know how may are out for the cars I have owned in the past or currently own,I have never looked for any. I had plans of waitng too buy an E63 but when I found out they were going to be N/A and not FI,thats when I decided to look for a good used E55 instead. Has there been many buys backs or lemon lawed ones out there? If anybody has some feedback I would appreciate it.Thanks.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
i think the 03-04 MY were the ones with the Full maintanence program...if you prefer a new E55...they are discounting Leftover new 05's by at least 15k and new 06s about 10-15k...I'd take a new 05-06 model for the big discounts they'r offering...im not sure about the S/C shut off problems etc...but im pretty sure its all tweaked and mostly fixed with in the 05+ models
Old 05-29-2006, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by blazinginder
i think the 03-04 MY were the ones with the Full maintanence program...if you prefer a new E55...they are discounting Leftover new 05's by at least 15k and new 06s about 10-15k...I'd take a new 05-06 model for the big discounts they'r offering...im not sure about the S/C shut off problems etc...but im pretty sure its all tweaked and mostly fixed with in the 05+ models
If I could find a new 05-06 at the dealership that has the options I want or close to it I would lease it,if not Im thinking of doing a purchase and keeping the car for awhile. Just for the fact that I really like the Kompressor and the mods that can be done too it.The dealer that I have a decent hook up at had a good 05 with alot of options but it looks like they sold it yesterday but Im not completely sure yet.I was watching the white one on ebay but dont think I really want white,unless it was a deal of a life time thing.Thanks for the help blazinginder
Old 05-29-2006, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by Jrocket
If I could find a new 05-06 at the dealership that has the options I want or close to it I would lease it,if not Im thinking of doing a purchase and keeping the car for awhile. Just for the fact that I really like the Kompressor and the mods that can be done too it.The dealer that I have a decent hook up at had a good 05 with alot of options but it looks like they sold it yesterday but Im not completely sure yet.I was watching the white one on ebay but dont think I really want white,unless it was a deal of a life time thing.Thanks for the help blazinginder
tell me what color and options are a must..maybe i can help find you that "perfect" car.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by blazinginder
tell me what color and options are a must..maybe i can help find you that "perfect" car.

Thanks for the offer,PM sent.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Check out my classified ad for my E55

jrocket: check out my ad in the classifieds here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/classifieds/148650-e55-2003-w211-sale.html
I'll PM you to give you details. Phil phil.deaguero@***.net
Old 05-29-2006, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by deaguero
jrocket: check out my ad in the classifieds here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148650
I'll PM you to give you details. Phil phil.deaguero@***.net
Thank you for the pm.Nice car.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
03 with 36k miles,parktronic,drive dynamic seats,xenon lights,new Ps2 tires,never wrecked or paint woork,clean Crafax,silver/charcoal.Any idea of what this cars worth.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:13 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts
[QUOTE=Jrocket] What year should I look for first? Is there a year that they had fewer problems or had better options? QUOTE] Check out the service records from the dealership that's serviced the car. The 06's and more specifically the late 06's should have the least problems. Good luck , it's a great car