Sponsored by:

In production

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C400, BMW X3
In production

My dealer mentioned that my 2007 E63 was in production and would arrive in July/August. Something to do with my color choice (Flint Grey) that put it at the head of the line. I did not expect it so soon, but pleased, of course.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:44 PM

'12 ML350
Shoes, since I'm wavering between an E63 or S550 if I go with a Mercedes-Benz product next, I hope to get your report and pictures when the car is here later this summer!

Flint Grey is definitely a color that's high on my list. Though I must admit that ever since the first time I saw Black Opal changing colors under different lighting angles at an autoshow, I've been hooked - even if I HATE black and swore I'd never get anything close to black again. Living in the northeast means that black cars often looked light grey and as someone said to me once, if you just look at a black car it's dirty unless you just came out of a carwash!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Congratulations!! July/August? Where are the write-ups in the trade rags..The M5 was in trade rags with 1/4 mile times way before the first one hit the US. WTF are they waiting for. I go to the newstand every morning looking for the next issue of R&T, C&D, European Car, Modified Luxury & Exotics, Motor Trend, etc.waiting to see the E63 on the front cover. I want 1 number, maybe 2. 1/4 mile and 0-60mph. That's all. Hopefully it will be there in the next few weeks....
Old 05-31-2006, 10:43 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by MB_Steve
Congratulations!! July/August? Where are the write-ups in the trade rags..The M5 was in trade rags with 1/4 mile times way before the first one hit the US. WTF are they waiting for. I go to the newstand every morning looking for the next issue of R&T, C&D, European Car, Modified Luxury & Exotics, Motor Trend, etc.waiting to see the E63 on the front cover. I want 1 number, maybe 2. 1/4 mile and 0-60mph. That's all. Hopefully it will be there in the next few weeks....
Agreed and congrats! I want to see a full head to head comp with an 06 E55
Old 06-01-2006, 10:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by rkao
Shoes, since I'm wavering between an E63 or S550 if I go with a Mercedes-Benz product next, I hope to get your report and pictures when the car is here later this summer!

Flint Grey is definitely a color that's high on my list. Though I must admit that ever since the first time I saw Black Opal changing colors under different lighting angles at an autoshow, I've been hooked - even if I HATE black and swore I'd never get anything close to black again.
That's because black opal is really blue not black. I agree that it's a very cool color.

Shoes: great news on your car...should be sweet. Did you get it a list, or did your dealer charge a premium. I heard some dealers were charging a premium (CA?).
Old 06-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Congrats. Looks like you are going to be one of the first here with a 63.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:59 AM

Mercedes C400, BMW X3
Not sure

I am really not sure why my car is coming so soon, but my dealer suspects it has something to do with my color choice. The factory determined the production priority but I cannot believe they chose to build mine just because they wanted to do some grey colored cars first. No sense looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Anyway, I did not do anything special, I just placed the order about 3 months ago, which was the first order at this dealer. We have not discussed price, because they do not have pricing yet, but I expect to lease it at MSRP or maybe slightly below. I hope the residuals will be stronger than the current E Class or else the monthly lease costs will likely exceed $1600/month.

Regarding the comparison to the S 550- if you saw my post "Auf Wierdersehen" in the new S Class posting area, you will see that I recently sold my 2007 S 550 after 6 weeks of ownership. My issue with the S Class has more to do with its size than anything else. I appreciated the outstanding ride quality and loved the controller interface, but found the car too large for my taste. I am hoping that the E 63 will get some of the S Class DNA with a big boost of AMG steroids.