Sponsored by:

3 days for 1,000 mile check-up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63S
3 days for 1,000 mile check-up?

Brought my car in for its 1,000 mile check up and am just getting it back tomorrow morning after 3 days in the shop.

I came up with a laundry list of 3 pages of things for them to check into, some of which we cosmetic original foibles, and some of whicb were partly induced by points on this board...sort of curious what took them more than a day (I don't think they started until mid-afternoon on the first day).

I will tell you that 3 days of driving a C350 as a loaner creates serious withdrawal symptons.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Depends on the weather
They must've been watching American Idol..
I just had my E55 in two weeks ago for it's 1000 mile and it took about 90 minutes total.It was raining and the car was already clean as it needed to be so I passed on the carwash.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by Minte
They must've been watching American Idol..
I just had my E55 in two weeks ago for it's 1000 mile and it took about 90 minutes total.It was raining and the car was already clean as it needed to be so I passed on the carwash.
Well, that's not fair, because if I just left it up to them, and gave them the car for the "standard" 1,000 mile check up, it would have come back w/i 90 minutes.

There was one minor cosmetic thing, which we knew would take hours, so that's why I left the car overnight: I bought a chrome AMG rear license plate frame and the bottom left screw kept popping out....they said the cavity was destroyed (they first blamed me or my dealer and said it wasn't a covered item, but then we got over that issue on a 21 day old, $97+K car), and replacing the license plate holder is evidentally a multi-hour project.

Then, I said that I noticed that there was a rattle coming from the back of the car which might be from the rear sun shade when going over bumps, so they said that could take a while to fix/figure out.

Then, I had a list of items that could have been paronia or real..but I wanted a MB mechanic who knew this car to evaluate.

Last edited by SoxFan; 06-01-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Depends on the weather
Originally Posted by SoxFan
Well, that's not fair, because if I just left it up to them, and gave them the car for the "standard" 1,000 mile check up, it would have come back w/i 90 minutes.

There was one minor cosmetic thing, which we knew would take hours, so that's why I left the car overnight: I bought a chrome AMG rear license plate frame and the bottom left screw kept popping out....they said the cavity was destroyed (they first blamed me or my dealer and said it wasn't a covered item, but then we got over that issue on a 21 day old, $97+K car), and replacing the license plate holder is evidentally a multi-hour project.

Then, I said that I noticed that there was a rattle coming from the back of the car which might be from the rear sun shade when going over bumps, so they said that could take a while to fix/figure out.

Then, I had a list of items that could have been paronia or real..but I wanted a MB mechanic who knew this car to evaluate.
I didn't have any issues to deal with on the car.They put it on the computer,checked fluid levels,they did put it on the lift and did some inspections under the car and that was it.Clean bill of health.

I have purchased six BMW's,2 Porsche's and an ML350 from this dealer over the last 10 years.And I know the service guys there very well.They have done all my maintenance over the years.But I know that they would've probably tried to hit me up for the license plate repair if it would've needed it.I think milking the customer is a part of Mercedes SOP.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 E55 AMG (my dailydriver)
Originally Posted by Minte
I didn't have any issues to deal with on the car.They put it on the computer,checked fluid levels,they did put it on the lift and did some inspections under the car and that was it.Clean bill of health.

I have purchased six BMW's,2 Porsche's and an ML350 from this dealer over the last 10 years.And I know the service guys there very well.They have done all my maintenance over the years.But I know that they would've probably tried to hit me up for the license plate repair if it would've needed it.I think milking the customer is a part of Mercedes SOP.
Did they change oil and filter at first 1K mile service?
If not, would you ask for an oil change?
Need advice as I'm just over 1K mark. TIA.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
oil change is a matter of personal choice. some like to break in the motor and do a change to get the flaked off pieces out. some say it is already broken in, so it don't need it. personally, I wonder if AMG ever changes after they rag on it?