W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Post-MB-ECU-Flash Dynos on Cars w/Mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Did you get updated Kleemann ECU ???
...............yes. This what I've been saying. The updated Kleemann ECU causes the car to exceed the engine load limit set in the reflashed ECU. And no, you cannot raise this load limit because its location has been purposely hidden by Mercedes. I simply don't understand why there is any confusion..........one clear point is that........THERE IS NOTHING TO BE GAINED BY DOING THE RECALL ECU REFLASH!!!!!!!!!!...........even if you believe that those of us that have these problems are just lying.

TEd
Old 06-30-2006, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by Grumpy666
Here's a plot of the file that 06E55 sent me to post. Unfortunately, it does not contain torque or A/F ratio data. Max STD correction values for the two runs are 452 and 440 HP. Uncorrected power for two runs is 372 and 361 HP. The runs appear to be about one minute apart.

The hard copies I have show the af it goes off the chart. If any one has a fax machine I can fax it over. I am hoping we can fix this, but I have started looking for a 600 or 65.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...............yes. This what I've been saying. The updated Kleemann ECU causes the car to exceed the engine load limit set in the reflashed ECU. And no, you cannot raise this load limit because its location has been purposely hidden by Mercedes. I simply don't understand why there is any confusion..........one clear point is that........THERE IS NOTHING TO BE GAINED BY DOING THE RECALL ECU REFLASH!!!!!!!!!!...........even if you believe that those of us that have these problems are just lying.

TEd
Unfortunately, lease or buy, you have no choice on "flashing" the ECU's in these cars until you are out of warranty or you have some special "deal" going with your "stealer" of choice. They WILL provide the "updates" that apply to your car whether you like it or not. Add this to all the problems with my '06 and I'm even more convinced I should have kept the W210.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by Fast55
Unfortunately, lease or buy, you have no choice on "flashing" the ECU's in these cars until you are out of warranty or you have some special "deal" going with your "stealer" of choice. They WILL provide the "updates" that apply to your car whether you like it or not. Add this to all the problems with my '06 and I'm even more convinced I should have kept the W210.
.......My local MB dealers states that if a customer des not want the recall work done, the customer can sign a waiver. This will pobably affect relevant recall work in the future, but so be it. I cmpletely understand your point about the W210. My favorite car is my 2000 E55k S8 modded with 450RWHP ad 506LBFT ofrear wheel torque. No issues. Car runs high 11's and beats up on stck W211 E55's. Up until now, I was wondering how it will fare against W211 E55 K2's, but now I know.

.........This entire recall fiasco is stupid on MB's part. They had loyal and happy W211 E55 customers shouting and carrying the MB/AMG fan club baner. They have now alienated these custmers. It is like stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 06-30-2006 at 12:11 PM.