E63 Gets Performance Package Option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2006 | 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by ClayJ
Wrong....

Along with the better front brakes you get the re-tuned supension software.

Brakes, suspension, LSD, (Vmax delimit) - who cares about the rest of the goodies after that?!!!!

I will pay an extra ten grand anyday on any car to get better brakes, suspension, and an LSD.....
This is what AMG posted in the Private Lounge:

Larger Composite Rotors
186 MPH Limiter
Alcantara AMG Sport Steering Wheel
Limited Slip Differential
18" Multi Piece Rims (Not 19" as on the SL55 or CLS55)

Pricing and ordering information has not yet been announced. More details to follow on the AMG Private Lounge.

For more information please contact your local dealer or MBUSA at 1800 - FOR-MERCedes.

What more definitive source do you have that includes suspension settings? BTW, while the 030 packages for the SL and SLK include recalibrated suspensions, the CLS 030 does not. Again, the announcement is consistent with the CLS 030 package being the basis for the E63 030.
Old 06-28-2006 | 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
030 Specs

For those with Private Lounge access, the spec sheets are at

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatel...read.php?t=138

AMG also posted the following (in the past, prior to the E63-030):

The following descriptions should clarify questions raised regarding specific details of the AMG Performance Packages:

• Composite Brakes - Oversized steel rotors with aluminum hubs (not ceramic.)

• Limited Slip Differential (LSD) - Is included in the SL55 and CLS5 Performance Package only, ESP is also adapted for the LSD.

• Suspension - AirMATIC DC remains in standard AMG form on the CLS55 AMG with 030. On the SLK55 AMG and SL55 AMG, the suspension has "Nurburgring " calibration which is approximately 20% stiffer.

• CLS55 Specific - Suspension modifications include minor changes to geometry to accomidate high speed tire deflection. This does NOT include exterior fender modifications.
Old 06-28-2006 | 10:59 PM
ON PROBATION

E63 comes with the nurburgring calibration - I've posted one article with that bit of information included in this thread(?) within the last week.

It also comes with the second generation ADS/ADC software with or without the 030 Pkg -- but the nurburgring calibration was done after the second-generation ADS/ADC.

According to two reviews I have read by folks who have dirven the car in Europe the thing corners flat(!) -- NO body roll in the sport setting.

I could really live with that.
Old 06-29-2006 | 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
Not sure where the reference is, but no matter. With the fairly specific information posted by AMG not mentioning the Nurburgring setting for the E63-030, I think we need to wait and see.