W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need MORE power . . . what mod(s) next??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Need MORE power . . . what mod(s) next??

I've already done Renntech headers, ECU and pulley as well as some cooling upgrades, a Quaife LSD and filters. BUT . . . . I still want more. Cams sound like a huge hassle for relatively small gains. A throttle body looks promising, but I'm not sure which vendor has the best one. The factory 80mm deal Vrus was/is working on sounded promising, but no telling if/when it'll pan out.

Other than putting the hose to it (nitrous) what mods are there that I'm missing out on???
Old 06-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I would look at a diet plan. While the following modifications will not generate more HP, they will make you go faster.

1. A light wheel and tire package
2. Evo floating rotors
3. A lightweight battery
4. Remove the spare and the other crap in the trunk
5. If you weigh over 200lbs and are less then 6'1", your only meal should be Slim-Fast.
6. If you don't have kids, remove the back seats.
7. If you have a overweight wife or girlfriend that rides in the passenger seat, dump her and find an anorexic model.
8. Do not let MB re-flash you ECU
Old 06-27-2006, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Rock
I would look at a diet plan. While the following modifications will not generate more HP, they will make you go faster.

2. Evo floating rotors
3. A lightweight battery
5. If you weigh over 200lbs and are less then 6'1", your only meal should be Slim-Fast.
7. If you have a overweight wife or girlfriend that rides in the passenger seat, dump her and find an anorexic model.
This should be a sticky.
Before I track my car again, I will perform #5....
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Rock

2. Evo floating rotors
3. A lightweight battery
LOL, I like that!! I have the EVO rotors and the car is fairly devoid of useless items. I'm not going to strip parts like the back seat, etc., since this isn't a Fox chassis mustang or a mid 80s camaro.

I'm doing ok on my personal weight (6'0" and 185lbs) and though MBZ already flashed my ECU, Hartmut seemed to have everything under control and I haven't mysteriously lost any HP like some folks.

I may try a lightweight Odessey battery, but I'm going to stick with the wheels I have for now.

Thanks!!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by GTA23109a
I've already done Renntech headers, ECU and pulley as well as some cooling upgrades, a Quaife LSD and filters. BUT . . . . I still want more. Cams sound like a huge hassle for relatively small gains. A throttle body looks promising, but I'm not sure which vendor has the best one. The factory 80mm deal Vrus was/is working on sounded promising, but no telling if/when it'll pan out.

Other than putting the hose to it (nitrous) what mods are there that I'm missing out on???
Do the Kleemann 80mm TB should give you about 25-30hp. Then after that do the Port and Polish heads. Should give you another 30-40hp according to the K master.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:44 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by JamE55
Do the Kleemann 80mm TB should give you about 25-30hp. Then after that do the Port and Polish heads. Should give you another 30-40hp according to the K master.
Who's the go-to shop for head porting for these cars?? Are they matching them with new cams as well??

Also, what's the best way to get ahold of Kleemann parts?? Buy direct of do they have dealers?? I've never dealt with them before.

Thanks!!
Old 06-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by GTA23109a
Who's the go-to shop for head porting for these cars?? Are they matching them with new cams as well??

Also, what's the best way to get ahold of Kleemann parts?? Buy direct of do they have dealers?? I've never dealt with them before.

Thanks!!
The only go-to-shop i would do is Kleemann directly. No they are not matching them with cams. Those are extra. If you have the $$$$$ get the cams as well. When you hit mid to high rpm the pull on the cams are very strong.

To get a hold of kleemann parts you can buy it directly from them (CO) or from one of their authorized dealer. The price of the kleemann parts is the same across the board. If i were you i would just send your car to them and just do it once do it right.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Do TB and CAMs...Bypass valves, MKB 2.82 shorter gear...ask Evotech they have 700HP package...
Old 06-30-2006, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by JamE55
The only go-to-shop i would do is Kleemann directly. No they are not matching them with cams. Those are extra. If you have the $$$$$ get the cams as well. When you hit mid to high rpm the pull on the cams are very strong.

To get a hold of kleemann parts you can buy it directly from them (CO) or from one of their authorized dealer. The price of the kleemann parts is the same across the board. If i were you i would just send your car to them and just do it once do it right.
Call me crazy but shipping a car 1k miles to have a tech instal 2 cams seems insane? Come on.... something tells me a master guild tech at your local dealership can do the work just as well and likely better than Kleemann.

Plus saves you the 1k in shipping (round trip) to spend of a set of tires.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Call me crazy but shipping a car 1k miles to have a tech instal 2 cams seems insane? Come on.... something tells me a master guild tech at your local dealership can do the work just as well and likely better than Kleemann.

Plus saves you the 1k in shipping (round trip) to spend of a set of tires.
I definitely know what you mean. I wouldn't ship my car there either just for a cam installation only. That's why i have some other stuff done to my car to make that trip worth it. I've been dealing with Cory for a very long time now and when it comes to Benzs this guy is very good.