Sponsored by:

*** Check your Belts ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Anyone knows what is the daimeter of Hennesey/ASP pullies ???

Been rold that Diff diameter needs diff ECU software...

Finn...

How is you car running now ??? fixed all problems ???

Thinking of getting ECU from Simon...
Old 07-04-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Finny
Here is my home brand version... Ha.. It actually works

Vrus, Any news yet on the EVO series II tensioner?

Cheers.
Finny can you tell us how this is made? What is the cylinder made from? was this a part you had "to hand" and adapted? Or is it a fresh new design piece with a good reason to be this shape?

regards
SS3E55
Old 07-04-2006, 11:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Thumbs up Some notes...

Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Finn...

How is you car running now ??? fixed all problems ???

Thinking of getting ECU from Simon...
At the local track on 19" rims with street tires, I pulled an ET of 12.175, 60 ft 1.934 & MPH 115.44 with spin in 1st and 2nd with no TC.
My best official MPH to date is 118.92 with spin, but the 60 ft and ET was more at 2.0236 & 12.304 with no TC.

I believe that with 16" MT's slicks, Revised tensioner to prevent upper rpm slip and a 80mm TB mod should improve the figures substantially.

In regards to Simon... He and his buddies have spent a lot of development time on the 55 and have achieved all figures promised. He actually programs the ECU's him self, not off the shelf. Simon also dose Audi, Porsche and Ferrari.

You'll need to send the whole ECU to Simon to have the flash done. I don't think this would be a finically viable option for you considering your location and the time without your baby, but if he dose it... you'll have no worries! I must also mention he fixed the second bypass TB problem via software as well. I suggest you contact him to confirm.

Cheers...
Old 07-04-2006, 11:35 AM

03 E55 AMG
Thumbs up Hi Tech in Australia...

Originally Posted by SS3E55
Finny can you tell us how this is made? What is the cylinder made from? was this a part you had "to hand" and adapted? Or is it a fresh new design piece with a good reason to be this shape?

regards
SS3E55
SS355, You will not believe this... It is actually part of a wall mounted TV bracket that I modified... This was the part that mounted to the wall. An arm then bolts to this bit holding up the Telly... Sorry man... no Hi techo design here...

Oh... It's made from mild steel and is only temporary until I can get a pretty one. When I do, I'll let you all know the details.

Cheers...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
At the local track on 19" rims with street tires, I pulled an ET of 12.175, 60 ft 1.934 & MPH 115.44 with spin in 1st and 2nd with no TC.
My best official MPH to date is 118.92 with spin, but the 60 ft and ET was more at 2.0236 & 12.304 with no TC.

I believe that with 16" MT's slicks, Revised tensioner to prevent upper rpm slip and a 80mm TB mod should improve the figures substantially.

In regards to Simon... He and his buddies have spent a lot of development time on the 55 and have achieved all figures promised. He actually programs the ECU's him self, not off the shelf. Simon also dose Audi, Porsche and Ferrari.

You'll need to send the whole ECU to Simon to have the flash done. I don't think this would be a finically viable option for you considering your location and the time without your baby, but if he dose it... you'll have no worries! I must also mention he fixed the second bypass TB problem via software as well. I suggest you contact him to confirm.

Cheers...
Finn if yiu say that he is that good... then definately I will get an ECU form him...HE said HE can just send the file to my local chip tuner...It the best and less expensive ECU upgrade I found...

Did you do any dyno run after all problems fixed ???

You should try launching the car with TC...you might get a better times...
Old 07-05-2006, 09:52 AM

E55
SS355, You will not believe this... It is actually part of a wall mounted TV bracket that I modified... This was the part that mounted to the wall. An arm then bolts to this bit holding up the Telly... Sorry man... no Hi techo design here...

Oh... It's made from mild steel and is only temporary until I can get a pretty one. When I do, I'll let you all know the details.

Cheers...
Thanks Finny, hey guys can you let me know who "Simon" is and where he is? I am in process of picking an ECU upgrade now and need to ensure I cover the options before going ahead (and any data on costs would be appreciated).

Finny the mod looks great and I have one question...what holds up the telly now ?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
So, can you take the existing bolt out, reverse it, and then tighten up more than currently to provide more tension against the tensioner and get possibly more boost ?
Old 07-05-2006, 03:33 PM

03 E55 AMG
Smile

Originally Posted by M5 RUS
Finny, if you say that he is that good... then definately I will get an ECU form him...Simon said he can just send the file to my local chip tuner... It the best and less expensive ECU upgrade I found...

Did you do any dyno run after all problems fixed ???

You should try launching the car with TC...you might get a better times...
Simon will write to your cars physical specifications, pending of course that he is familiar with your cars configuration. No rocket science here, just common sense and experience. If he can send you the file, make sure that you have the same application at the other end to remain compatible during the transfer. Have you corresponded yet? Ask him...

No Dyno run yet... When all works are complete, I'll do it then.

Thanks for the tip, but tried launching with TC on with no improvement. Best with it off. Basically its this simple... Don't let it slip!... use DR slicks for best traction. No brainer

I can live with a stock tyre "12.1 sec" for every day cruising. The kick in the back of the head torque is best. How many Taxies have 900nm+ on tap?

Psychologists reckon that driving excessively powerful vehicles is a socially acceptable way of flaunting power. I'm cool with that...
Old 07-05-2006, 03:46 PM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by regor60
So, can you take the existing bolt out, reverse it, and then tighten up more than currently to provide more tension against the tensioner and get possibly more boost ?
Are you talking about the crappy one I made?

If you are, all you do to adjust the tension is place a allen key at one end and a wrench on the nylon lock nut and turn until the desired tension is achieved.

No... you don't get more boost from stock setups. This is for those who have a larger pulley setup where belt slipping robs us of further boost.

Where slippage is a problem, this mod only helps to correct. I'm quite sure there are better solutions around...please let me know!

I hope this all makes sense.

Cheers...
Old 07-05-2006, 03:51 PM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by SS3E55
Thanks Finny, hey guys can you let me know who "Simon" is and where he is? I am in process of picking an ECU upgrade now and need to ensure I cover the options before going ahead (and any data on costs would be appreciated).

Finny the mod looks great and I have one question...what holds up the telly now ?
Here is his details.
Site: http://www.qsz.com.au/ Email: sales@qsz.com.au

Oh yeah... I went flat screen...
Old 07-26-2006, 05:30 AM

03 E55 AMG
Thumbs up Dyno Results after cheep fix up

So after changing the stock s/c belt with a new gates type, see photo below: (New one on the left Old stock one on the right) then replaced the stock idler wheel with a slightly larger one, see photo below as well, then cranked up the tension on my ****ty home made lock device, amazingly I've found my lost 50 horsepower.

Instead of slipping at 4200 to 4500 rpm it now slips at around 6500 rpm. See dyno below for results.

Still working on the final "wrap" solution and will keep you all posted.

Cheers...
*** Check your Belts ***-dynoe55.jpg
*** Check your Belts ***-new-old-belt.jpg
*** Check your Belts ***-bigger-pulley.jpg
*** Check your Belts ***-new-belt.jpg
Old 07-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
That's great Finny!

Can you break down the parts you used to make the "home made" tensioner lock?

I think my car is running better with the new belt & revised pullies also. I hear the blower whine alot more now and it is much higher pitch at higher revs than before.. Must mean that it is getting better contact on the belt.

Wish the damn weather would cool down long enough for me to sneak in to the dyno..
Old 07-26-2006, 12:12 PM

03 E55 AMG
Smile See my new Thread

Originally Posted by vrus
That's great Finny!

Can you break down the parts you used to make the "home made" tensioner lock?

I think my car is running better with the new belt & revised pullies also. I hear the blower whine alot more now and it is much higher pitch at higher revs than before.. Must mean that it is getting better contact on the belt.

Wish the damn weather would cool down long enough for me to sneak in to the dyno..
This is the patch up solution, see my new Thread for the real one.

Cheers...
Old 07-26-2006, 04:32 PM

A160 CLASSIC (The Tardis), VW Passat Diesel
awesome results finny are you running at Calder??
Old 07-26-2006, 08:30 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
thank you for the heads up vrus, your contributions are very, very helpful to v6/v8 kompressor owners. i can attest to what you say about belts moving. maybe a few months ago, i was not able to catch this in time, the auxiliary belt came off and my pullies got shredded because of a failed bearing in my faulty belt tensioner. so yes, everyone, check your belts every now and then!!

and also, finny, project looks great!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:14 PM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by WishforE55
awesome results finny are you running at Calder??
Yeah... been down there a few times, last run was 12.1 @ 118 mph on stock tires and slipping belts.

Friday night Drags = Good fun...