W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Wife's ML500 is gone. How to win her back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by cte430
Hey Jangy. Yep, that's the marketing pic that Porsche has been using for the GT3. Stunning, huh? I keep looking at all the TT pics and the GT3 just looks better. The wheels are much nicer the front end is much nicer, and most importantly this car sits much lower than the TT. Makes a huge difference.

One over the other? Well, this may be completely off (so don't shoot me) but what the hell - Think E55 (TT) vs. M5 (GT3). I know that's real simplistic but that may give you an idea.

Many think of the TT to be more GT like, while the GT3 is the hard core car. Many enthusiasts though are really upset at Porsche about the latest GT3 as the US car has a sunroof , PASM, full leather, NAV, etc. they think they've really watered down the car, but hard to say since no one's really driven it yet. All the reviews I've read have been very positive (more so than the TT) and they still say the car is still a beast (and better than the 996 GT3) when you want it to be, but more civilized as well. If that is true I don't see how that's a bad thing. If you want an all out track porsche get the GT3 RS that's on it's way.

If you're serious about looking at p-cars go visit Rennlist, Rennteam, and 6speedonline.

I'm afraid to drive either as that might be an expensive test drive!

From what your saying, I'm confused at why the GT3 is so much cheaper? Is it simply lux features that it has less of?

You are starting to lean me. The analogy was exactly what i needed to know!!
Old 07-04-2006, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Here's a pic of a white TT. Not terrible!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Gotta tell ya, $100K for a GT3 is sounding good to me. I gotta figure out what that extra $50K is for to get up to a TT.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
Originally Posted by jangy
How do you like the 'Slade? That is what she wants. Not a big fan of the Pepper SUV.
i have an 06, great SUV, however i hear the new 07 model is really something! head down for a test drive
Old 07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Gotta tell ya, $100K for a GT3 is sounding good to me. I gotta figure out what that extra $50K is for to get up to a TT.
Well, it's only 50K more if you load up the TT with a cow's worth of leather or a bunch of CF, and then compare it to a base GT3. Base car to base car it's a 16K difference. You can of course go crazy with CF and leather on the GT3 as well.

For the 16K delta you're getting more BHP, more torque, AWD, and a first of it's kind turbo system (for use in a gas engine at least). Whether you prefer the driving dynamics of the TT over the GT3 is a question a lot of people are asking themselves.

Can you get a twofer deal from your dealer
Old 07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by cte430
Well, it's only 50K more if you load up the TT with a cow's worth of leather or a bunch of CF, and then compare it to a base GT3. Base car to base car it's a 16K difference. You can of course go crazy with CF and leather on the GT3 as well.

For the 16K delta you're getting more BHP, more torque, AWD, and a first of it's kind turbo system (for use in a gas engine at least). Whether you prefer the driving dynamics of the TT over the GT3 is a question a lot of people are asking themselves.

Can you get a twofer deal from your dealer
I can get a fellow MBWorld member a good deal, if that is what you mean. If you mean for ME to get both, well I'm already going after my dream car as is and I don't know that the wifey will like me getting 2!!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
I can get a fellow MBWorld member a good deal, if that is what you mean. If you mean for ME to get both, well I'm already going after my dream car as is and I don't know that the wifey will like me getting 2!!
LOL, no I didn't mean for you to get both. That would be a TOUGH sell! I'm not ready yet, only had my car a couple of months - my wife would shoot me, but I'll keep you in mind!

Just saw a thread on 6speed from a guy who just got a TT and also has an F430 and a Gallardo! Must suck to be him
Old 07-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Hehe, why not upgrade and just keep it the same color so she won't notice? That's what I did with my '05 E55!!

Just messin, my wife knows I'm a car nut and I'm lucky enough to live in a society where you can work hard and have your own life.

Let me know when you may be ready. I think i will be able to place an order by summer's end. I'd like to do it sooner, but i had best turn over some property first.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

AMGs
Hehe, why not upgrade and just keep it the same color so she won't notice? That's what I did with my '05 E55!!

Just messin, my wife knows I'm a car nut and I'm lucky enough to live in a society where you can work hard and have your own life.

Let me know when you may be ready. I think i will be able to place an order by summer's end. I'd like to do it sooner, but i had best turn over some property first.
What kind of discount do they give at Hoehn for a 4CS? They dont want to play with numbers much at Pioneers... Talk to me Jangy!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
PM me the best deal you can get and I'll contact them about it. Same as before, you got a good deal local, right? Don't just do Pioneer's numbers, find an LA one like the E55s.

You ordering or getting one off the lot? Pioneer is a pit. They deal much like BMW and MB of SD. Flat out no deals until they need the sale. Hoehn thrives on # of cars sold per month, so end of month is always a great time as well.

Either way, let me know and I'll check with them.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

AMGs
PM me the best deal you can get and I'll contact them about it. Same as before, you got a good deal local, right? Don't just do Pioneer's numbers, find an LA one like the E55s.

You ordering or getting one off the lot? Pioneer is a pit. They deal much like BMW and MB of SD. Flat out no deals until they need the sale. Hoehn thrives on # of cars sold per month, so end of month is always a great time as well.

Either way, let me know and I'll check with them.
Yes, I have been so busy and didnt have much time to call around like the E55... They have one 4CS in stock, I will be coming by to take a peek tomorrow... I know they probably wont budge much but I will let you know! Thanks bro.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:02 PM

Merce-rati
i have the 06 zo6, go for it, it is an absolutely amazing car, i beat my brother gallardo in a drag race.