W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very disappointed with Kleemann mods. (Long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Brandon and Loren...PLEASE do not reply to this thread. Let it die. There is no point to make.

We ALL know the story here and what hapenned and WHEN. Had Grumpy been staying current, he would have noted that the level of customer service that the Stiff1 got was consistent, as it has been from Kleeman. This thread should NEVER have been started and I lay the owness on Stiff1 to get on here and stop the charades. This forum is not here so we can pressure vendors into things. The last thing we need is somebody airing their own laundry simply because they jumped the gun.

Had it been worded differently, yes it would have made a good post. But, as it is, it was an attempted pressurizing that Kleeman does not need to cave into. They not only will not lose a customer over this, I would bet that they will actually GAIN a few. If EVOSPORT was not so close to me, I would be on the K2-4 wagon now. I'm not even a customer and I am defending them.

Keep the discussions objective and the "court of public opinion" will prevail. Turn it personal and you only see yourself.
Well said. I just posted the above, though... oooops! I know Grumpy123 loves it when I type novels, though...

Loren
Old 07-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Actually Loren, you are MUCH better at writing than me..
I was just wanting to keep your hands clean.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 K4
Just to try and have everything cleared up here. Brandon has jumped through many hoops for my car. He flew out to me along with all of his equipment to work on the car. He has loaded 9-10 different programs into the ECU with no changes to power. After talking with Brandon yesterday, I will have the car to his facility the first week in August. This will give him time to go through the car a little better then when he was here, and try to solve the low power issues. I know that he may have it for 1 week or 1 month, but at least I know that he is not going to let the car come back to me not making more power. We both will keep everyone updated on this issue.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
Originally Posted by Stiff1
Just to try and have everything cleared up here. Brandon has jumped through many hoops for my car. He flew out to me along with all of his equipment to work on the car. He has loaded 9-10 different programs into the ECU with no changes to power. After talking with Brandon yesterday, I will have the car to his facility the first week in August. This will give him time to go through the car a little better then when he was here, and try to solve the low power issues. I know that he may have it for 1 week or 1 month, but at least I know that he is not going to let the car come back to me not making more power. We both will keep everyone updated on this issue.
so, its been a while... what ever happened to your car?

Loren
Old 08-22-2006, 04:04 PM

CL65
Make sure you check your cam timing. If one of the cams was a tooth off of TDC when installed it could cause a power loss that wouldn't show anything irregular when scanning through the ECU.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:11 PM

2003 Cobra
Originally Posted by MarkoCL55
Make sure you check your cam timing. If one of the cams was a tooth off of TDC when installed it could cause a power loss that wouldn't show anything irregular when scanning through the ECU.

I agree. Have seen this many times in F-bodies. There is no irratic behavior except low power.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:01 AM

2006 CLS55 K4
Originally Posted by Loren
so, its been a while... what ever happened to your car?

Loren
The car has been at Kleemann since August 2nd, and it still has a couple of weeks to go until it's done. Brandon tested the car as it sat when it got there and it made 568hp according to his dyno. That puts it within roughly 5hp of what I was making when it left. He is working on a few different options for the car right now, but has not finished them up yet. I know that he has stripped off the K4 package and returned the car back to stock, but I have not heard what the numbers are as of yet. I'm not sure if he has begun putting the K4 back on yet. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to give you guys a full report on what was changed on the car, and maybe some new track times.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:10 PM

'06 M5
Originally Posted by PARALYZER
I agree. Have seen this many times in F-bodies. There is no irratic behavior except low power.
On these E55's you will notice when the CAM timing is off by the following:

1. Crazy shaking at idle (like a nascar)
2. Check engine light will come on

I know this from personal experience. Park Place Mercedes in Dallas installed my Kleemann performance cams to top off my '04 E55 with Kleemann's K4 package. They misaligned by one (1) tooth and the list above is what happened. Ironically it took an entire day before the two symptoms above became evident. It drove home fine, but the next morning when I fired it up it went nuts.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Darren, how did the car run after they fixed the cams? Have you modded the CL yet?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:04 PM

'06 M5
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Darren, how did the car run after they fixed the cams? Have you modded the CL yet?
Hey man, how are you? The car ran just fine after they fixed the cams.

I have not modded the CL yet. My wife says I'm grounded for a while in the modding department

I haven't been on here for some time now and after reading all the threads it makes me want to either buy a faster car or mod the CL. I could really get in trouble if I hang out in here much longer, lol.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Darren, after reading all of the comments on modding and the recall flash dilemma, I think a person would be better off going with a 65 or 600 series and getting an ECU upgrade from RENNtech than doing serious modding that alters the exhaust system. I am currently a bit apprehensive to mod my car, but I am having difficulties resisting. Problems, problems.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:11 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by darren_dallas
On these E55's you will notice when the CAM timing is off by the following:

1. Crazy shaking at idle (like a nascar)
2. Check engine light will come on

I know this from personal experience. Park Place Mercedes in Dallas installed my Kleemann performance cams to top off my '04 E55 with Kleemann's K4 package. They misaligned by one (1) tooth and the list above is what happened. Ironically it took an entire day before the two symptoms above became evident. It drove home fine, but the next morning when I fired it up it went nuts.
That sounds like an intake cam issue. An exhaust cam mistimed would be harder to diagnose and could cause a big drop in compression if it is opening the valves during the compression stroke. That could cause a significant power loss.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
The car has been at Kleemann since August 2nd, and it still has a couple of weeks to go until it's done. Brandon tested the car as it sat when it got there and it made 568hp according to his dyno. That puts it within roughly 5hp of what I was making when it left. He is working on a few different options for the car right now, but has not finished them up yet. I know that he has stripped off the K4 package and returned the car back to stock, but I have not heard what the numbers are as of yet. I'm not sure if he has begun putting the K4 back on yet. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to give you guys a full report on what was changed on the car, and maybe some new track times.
So whats the latest?
Old 09-21-2006, 03:16 PM

2006 CLS55 K4
Originally Posted by Jrocket
So whats the latest?
Well the car has been at Kleemann since 8/2/06. They have stripped the car down, and built it back up to the K4 level. They determined that there was a load limiter set in the EGS and they had to get a new one. We have been wait for the last 3 weeks for it to come in, and it should be here next week. Once they put that in, it will get put back on the dyno and hopefully make more power. I am hoping to have it back in about two weeks from now. I'll have it redynoed and try to get out to the track.
Once everything is set on the car, I'm sure Brandon will be able to give everyone a much better explanation of what had to get changed. Kleemann has been doing a good job, and they are really trying to stand behind their product.

I'll post all of the updated info once I get some new numbers, or get the car back.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
If I understand this correctly they found a load limiter in the transmission itself??? Can you find out how one discovers if this is in place on our cars? It would be interesting to check this out on all of the E55s that have been plagued with lower dyno #s post-recall.

I've checked my ECU and I have no load-limit codes in the ECU, but I am not sure about the tranny.... Interesting..

If you could get some more details about this, I am sure everyone would be grateful.

Good luck on your car!

Well the car has been at Kleemann since 8/2/06. They have stripped the car down, and built it back up to the K4 level. They determined that there was a load limiter set in the EGS and they had to get a new one. We have been wait for the last 3 weeks for it to come in, and it should be here next week. Once they put that in, it will get put back on the dyno and hopefully make more power. I am hoping to have it back in about two weeks from now. I'll have it redynoed and try to get out to the track.
Once everything is set on the car, I'm sure Brandon will be able to give everyone a much better explanation of what had to get changed. Kleemann has been doing a good job, and they are really trying to stand behind their product.

I'll post all of the updated info once I get some new numbers, or get the car back.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Load limit...hmmm....wonder if it's there for a reason
Old 09-21-2006, 06:45 PM

our 5sp tranny is the same as the 600s 65s right? I would suspect a tranny Load limit also in our cars. Makes sense
Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 PM

Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by vrus
If I understand this correctly they found a load limiter in the transmission itself??? Can you find out how one discovers if this is in place on our cars? It would be interesting to check this out on all of the E55s that have been plagued with lower dyno #s post-recall.

I've checked my ECU and I have no load-limit codes in the ECU, but I am not sure about the tranny.... Interesting..

If you could get some more details about this, I am sure everyone would be grateful.

Good luck on your car!
hmmm...Load limits in the ECU, the tranny, I wonder where else MB is "hiding" their programming from the re-flash. The newer 55ks have this loaded from the get go correct?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:14 PM

05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
being a late 05, is mine regarded as a "newer" e55?

im keen to hear about this load limited tranny as i will eventually want to K-up my car! and being in countries that dont have official Kleemann dealerships as such, if i had a problem like stiff1's, id be pretty stuck and out of pocket!!

But on the tranny limit, the only reason would be to prevent modding, not because the tranny cant handle it, right?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:26 PM

97 e420
hey i know this is off topic, but what dealership do u go to stiff1?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:42 AM

S211 AMG
Stiff1 - Did this get sorted?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:24 AM

2006 CLS55 K4
Originally Posted by Fleebee
Stiff1 - Did this get sorted?
Not yet. My car is still at Kleemann with a stand alone computer on it, and it only picked up a little HP. Now they are running into a few other issues. It is going on 12 weeks and I don't have have any final answers on what is going on. I have been in constant contact with Brandon, but the problem is not solved yet.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:05 PM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
Not yet. My car is still at Kleemann with a stand alone computer on it, and it only picked up a little HP. Now they are running into a few other issues. It is going on 12 weeks and I don't have have any final answers on what is going on. I have been in constant contact with Brandon, but the problem is not solved yet.
Wow, that's a long time to be without your car given the circumstances.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Yup

Stiff1,

All I can say is I admire your patience.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Man, I would be flipping out. Why don't you just try to make a deal with Kleemann to get your car back to stock and be done with it. It's jut not worth it. If they've already had it for 12 weeks and haven't been able to figure it out, I'm not sure what keeping it any longer will do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very disappointed with Kleemann mods. (Long)