Some more info RE power loss after flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
All 3 of you are having ESP problems..

I believe all 3 of you have Kleemann K2... And, all 3 of you had the recall done??? (yes/no) ??

Maybe the ECU microcode changes that were done with the latest recall are not completely compatible with the current Kleemann ECU program??

I was wondering if the changes that were made by the latest recall could be reversed by simply having the tuner reflash the ECU..

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
That makes 3 of us... something is up
Old 07-06-2006, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
All 3 of you are having ESP problems..

I believe all 3 of you have Kleemann K2... And, all 3 of you had the recall done??? (yes/no) ??

Maybe the ECU microcode changes that were done with the latest recall are not completely compatible with the current Kleemann ECU program??

I was wondering if the changes that were made by the latest recall could be reversed by simply having the tuner reflash the ECU..
That's EXACTLY what I'm having done right now! Brandon said its no problem. Here's why I'm doing it:

I had my recall done with the new flash 2 weeks ago, sent it to Cory for the new K2 program that Rock has enjoyed so much. Got it back, check engine light, no supercharger at ALL! Couldn't even spin the tires. Cory said I have one of the odd programs, and back it went to Kleemann. 2nd time he restored the the MB recall flash to the ECU and the programmer in Germany merely edited my code so it would work, instead of throwing an entire K2 flash on it (which has worked for most others, but is apparently structurely different than mine). Got it back again and guess what... SAME THING!

Yikes.... so I sent it back a third time yesterday. Cory is on vacation, and Brandon is leaving... so he merely flashed back to pre MB Flash, 1st generation K2 program... basically the program I got when I first did K2. Big bummer. I was looking forward to the new K2 improvements. I swear, MB is doing something, hiding something, and making it increasingly hard to mess with code.

Really hope the old K2 flash works... ecu arrives tomorrow...

Loren

Last edited by FlyByNight; 07-06-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Ted, I hope the new ECU works out for you.

Loren and others with K2, I guess I lucked out. I know that the only reason I was able to get a new K2 program (that actually works), is because Cory was able to directly download it from an Sl55 that was in the shop when my ECU arrived. I am hopeful that they will soon excise the MB bugs that have plagued our software. I am sure they will have all of you up and strongly running in the near future.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by Fikse
so your dyno comparison will be between the MB flashed, then programmed by kleeman ecu vs the virgin ECU programmed by kleeman?
...........Before the recall, my G55 K4 was making 491RWHP and 527LBft of rear wheel torque which translates to 654HP and 706LBft of torque at the crank using a 25% correction factor for an SUV. I was happy with this and I ran a 12.9 @104mph on the track with 1.89 60ft time.

...........ok, after the recall the car ran 13.1 @ 103.99 with 2.05 60ft time. IT didn't look bad, but something was wrong. My gas consumption had improved markedly and I was getting like 20mpg on the highway in a G55K4. Upon reapeated runs at the dragstrip, car went into limp mode and would not accelerate. All sorts of light were flashing on the instrument cluster. I later dynoed the car, but the car was not right. It dynoes 479RWHP and 485LBft of rear wheel torque. But that was not the real problem. Repeat dyno run showed the car going into limp mode after a dyno result of 450RWHP and 515LBft of rear wheel torque. Took car to the shop and codes read engine power load exceeded.

...........Then I sent ECU to Kleemann and everything that Loren just posted happened to me and Cory discovered that engine load limits that cannot be removed were coded into the ECU. This engine load limits were unable to be removed by their master ECU code genius person. I did nolt have the ECu r-flashed by Kleemann because I am somewhat interested in the new K2 program if and when Kleemann solves the problem.

.............So now I have a new virgin ECU with my old K2/K4 program installed. Dyno will be to compare the new virgin ECU with the installed old k2/K4 program and my pre reccall dyno of 491RWHP and 527LBft of rear wheel torque. For now, I will be happy to get my car back to the way it was before the recall.

...........this brings me to a question that just came up in my mind but did not come up when I was speaking with Cory. If kleemann can reflash the ECu and remove the bad recall software, and since Kleemann has the codes in Rock's ECU. Can Kleemann reflash Loren's and my problem ECU's and return them to stock? Then instal Rock's recall ECU program in our ECU's and then instal the new K2 program? Am I making sense?.

Ted
Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 PM

05 E55
Originally Posted by Rock
Ted, I hope the new ECU works out for you.

Loren and others with K2, I guess I lucked out. I know that the only reason I was able to get a new K2 program (that actually works), is because Cory was able to directly download it from an Sl55 that was in the shop when my ECU arrived. I am hopeful that they will soon excise the MB bugs that have plagued our software. I am sure they will have all of you up and strongly running in the near future.
you lucked out, but not because of the SL55... that same car is still there and they did exactly the same thing with mine, twice, without luck!

Now I'm just hoping my original K2 works when I get it back tomorrow...

Loren
Old 07-07-2006, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Loren
That's EXACTLY what I'm having done right now! Brandon said its no problem. Here's why I'm doing it:

I had my recall done with the new flash 2 weeks ago, sent it to Cory for the new K2 program that Rock has enjoyed so much. Got it back, check engine light, no supercharger at ALL! Couldn't even spin the tires. Cory said I have one of the odd programs, and back it went to Kleemann. 2nd time he restored the the MB recall flash to the ECU and the programmer in Germany merely edited my code so it would work, instead of throwing an entire K2 flash on it (which has worked for most others, but is apparently structurely different than mine). Got it back again and guess what... SAME THING!

Yikes.... so I sent it back a third time yesterday. Cory is on vacation, and Brandon is leaving... so he merely flashed back to pre MB Flash, 1st generation K2 program... basically the program I got when I first did K2. Big bummer. I was looking forward to the new K2 improvements. I swear, MB is doing something, hiding something, and making it increasingly hard to mess with code.

Really hope the old K2 flash works... ecu arrives tomorrow...

Loren
Ah man you too! I sent it out the second time because Corey said that theres supposedely a newer software. So i got it flashed....put it back in the car and man NO POWER OR SUPERCHARGER! Worst feeling in the world. And Corey can't determine why its acting up like this. I hope they can fix this problem soon.....because i got the K2 right after the recall and i only enjoyed it for 1 day before all the problems started showing up from left field.....i miss the power
Old 07-07-2006, 03:07 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by LazyE55
Ah man you too! I sent it out the second time because Corey said that theres supposedely a newer software. So i got it flashed....put it back in the car and man NO POWER OR SUPERCHARGER! Worst feeling in the world. And Corey can't determine why its acting up like this. I hope they can fix this problem soon.....because i got the K2 right after the recall and i only enjoyed it for 1 day before all the problems started showing up from left field.....i miss the power
Wow... they said they had one other car with from the LA area with the same problem, but that it was resolved after the 2nd flash... mine the only one that isn't.

So you have no resolution yet either?

Damn, this is getting very weird...

Loren
Old 07-07-2006, 05:34 AM

E55
Wow... they said they had one other car with from the LA area with the same problem, but that it was resolved after the 2nd flash... mine the only one that isn't.

So you have no resolution yet either?

Damn, this is getting very weird...

Loren
Mine went through the 2nd flash....and still nothing resolved. Car runs like a slug......just to make shure i wasn't paranoid or anything i had a run with my friends C320 and got SMOKED Yes this is getting weird. I wish there will be a solution soon

Roy
Old 07-07-2006, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Mine went through the 2nd flash....and still nothing resolved. Car runs like a slug......just to make shure i wasn't paranoid or anything i had a run with my friends C320 and got SMOKED Yes this is getting weird. I wish there will be a solution soon

Roy

This is all crazy...May be you guy just too paranoid...

Man something really wrong with your beast if C320 smokes you

AMG's ECU electricians probably sitting a lauching thier ***** off, looking at those things happening with tuner cars...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 07-07-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by jangy
Hehe, then what happened to you on the way up?
Dead intercooler pump....#3 on this car.... #7 over all....

Either that or the intercooler it self is leaking and cant cool any more. Will know more soon. Cars in the shop until next week for a bunch of issues.

Recall did not slow my car down at all.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
you lucked out, but not because of the SL55... that same car is still there and they did exactly the same thing with mine, twice, without luck!

Loren
Go figure...............................

I plan on getting my car to the track tonight. We will see what happens.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce

...............Rock, sorry if this has been answered already. Have you dynoed your car since the recall and reinstallation of the K2 program?

Ted
Old 07-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...............Rock, sorry if this has been answered already. Have you dynoed your car since the recall and reinstallation of the K2 program?
Ted, the only time my car has had a dyno completed was right before and right after my K2 was initially completed in Colorado by Kleemann. I do not have any dyno numbers since the recall/new k2. I do have track numbers for comparison and hopefully my visit to the track tonight will shed more light on how the recall/new K2 has altered our cars' power.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Dead intercooler pump....#3 on this car.... #7 over all....

Either that or the intercooler it self is leaking and cant cool any more. Will know more soon. Cars in the shop until next week for a bunch of issues.

Recall did not slow my car down at all.
Haha, just pickin on you bro. Hope your ride is OK? Any serious issues. or just some little ones?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i

Roy
Smoked by a C320!!!! I would run my car off a cliff and collect the insurance money if that ever happened to me.

My K2 w/ the recall and new K2 program is running stronger than ever... played cat and mouse with an SLR on the freeway last night (think it might have been Phil Ivey) and we virtually neck and neck.

That makes two of us... I'm hitting the track tonight too. Are you running your on your BBS?

Last edited by dragonAMG; 07-07-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
..............well it did not work. The new ECU that DID NOT have the reflashed recall program also has the same stalling issues and code reads.............load limit active. Could the problem be Kleemann's K2 program and nothing to do with Mercedes?

Ted
Old 07-07-2006, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
oh!

Damn Ted,

Sorry to hear that the problem is still occurring. Just a thought, would it help to reset the tranny?

Hope you get this resolved asap ... what a nightmare.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by Jesseliu
Damn Ted,

Sorry to hear that the problem is still occurring. Just a thought, would it help to reset the tranny?

Hope you get this resolved asap ... what a nightmare.
...............Thanks. I am so frustrated. You have a good point. How does one reset the tranny?

Ted
Old 07-07-2006, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
...............Thanks. I am so frustrated. You have a good point. How does one reset the tranny?

Ted
He might be talking about the "sneaky" ecu resetting.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 PM

05 E55
*** Update ***

Got my ECU back from Kleemann today ... after two failed attempts at loading the new K2 program developed for the MB recall / flash update, we resorted to going back to the pre-recall flash that they originally gave me last year when the K2 work was done.

So, I'm back to normal and it is working, which is a relief. I went through all the recall stuff and a lot of UPS overnighting just to be back where I started... but at least it is working again.

For those of you having problems with any of this recall business, this may be the way to go for now...

Loren

Last edited by FlyByNight; 07-07-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:47 PM

07 S65
Man! I really hate to hear about all of you guys having problems. Rock and Draggon, you have to keep us posted with your track times. That's truely the only way to know what the car is doing. Ted, your times don't look bad and the dyno numbers are close enough that it could be the temp or humidity. The thing that doesn't make sense is the effects of the dyno runs or the track runs. I would have been right with you thinking the new ECU would have done the trick. I hope all of you guys can figure this out. The doesn't look good for our brand. For the guys that haven't done the recall, do not let them reflash your ECU. Thank God I told them not to reflash my ECU when they did the recall. Good luck guys and keep us posted.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Where are you seeing the "load limit active" message?

..............well it did not work. The new ECU that DID NOT have the reflashed recall program also has the same stalling issues and code reads.............load limit active. Could the problem be Kleemann's K2 program and nothing to do with Mercedes?

Ted
Old 07-07-2006, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
I am going to stay away from MB like the plauge until all this is sorted out. Is MBenz's sneaky strategy to get the E55 Gen 2 buyers out of their cars for Gen 3? To reduce potential warranty claims due to excess power? Something is up. Sounds like a phantom recall that we definitely do not need.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by vrus
Where are you seeing the "load limit active" message?

............they plug the laptop t the OBDII port and look for codes.

Ted
Old 07-07-2006, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
reset tranny

I don't know about a "sneaky reset"whatever that is. I know that I am not referring to resetting the adaptive ECU. I'm talking about resetting the adaptive Tranny settings.

The key in position one and holding down the gas for 5 secs, then waiting for a few minutes, is not the reset I'm talking about. I do remember that I think the tranny reset needs to be done at a dealership. I believe there are various variables that they need to input and drive the car around or something.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some more info RE power loss after flash