EVO vs K2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by vader
That is quite a big difference...if thats installed then Kleeman will get the nod....5k for the Renntech is without the install I think. Have to wait and see what the outcome is with the ECU problems.
Dunno if a few $k would sway my choice. I'd much rather go with quality, not that we have any signs that Kleeman or Evo are lacking. Point being, is Renntech "better" in any way? mor precise, better QC, better reliability?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
Originally Posted by jangy
Dunno if a few $k would sway my choice. I'd much rather go with quality, not that we have any signs that Kleeman or Evo are lacking. Point being, is Renntech "better" in any way? mor precise, better QC, better reliability?
Jangy,

May be you and I will hit up EVO stage 2 and ask them for a discount for your car and mine.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I don't think there is much difference between Renntech and Kleemann if you are only getting ECU and pullley. Beyond these mods however, there are certainly differences.. Particuarly with repect to the headers. Do you want to keep your primary cats? Renntech headers (and Evosport) bolt directly on to the factory downpipes. Kleemann headers have their own downpipes which remove the primary cats. (they are beautiful headers, but you lose your cats).

Interesting enough, Helmut of Renntech used to work at AMG. Think he might have actually been one of the founders (but don't quote me). Anyways, it is my understanding that they still have a very close relationship with AMG.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
If you have access to the Evosport shop, I don't think there's that much of a question is there

Evosport all the way, especially since you can visit them in person, take a look around and what not.

If you don't want the Evosport power packages, next up would be Kleemann. From my time on MBWorld.org I've always found Kleemann to be on the good side of almost all the members stories.

I'm not saying the other tuners are bad, it's just there is a lot more experience with Kleemann on the boards from what I've read than anything else (I'm talking about full blown packages, not just a pulley and chip).
Old 07-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
And another thing Jangy, Evosport just doesn't sell Evosport and Kleemann branded products. They sell an entire line-up of Mercedes products so you can mix+match.

evosport powerpackages.
HRE wheels
evosport rotors
Powerchip flash

Just thinking outloud, but it's something to think about, sure beats either going across the country or even to five different shops for all your mod needs.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by Jesseliu
Just my input ... great service and support from renntech.

Renntech might be a tad more expensive but I found it to be worth it. (I don't see a lot a people having problems with Renntech)
I have had my Renntech mods on my SL55 for a while and have not had any problems. The dealer here in Sacramento did the install without any problems. That in itself is a testimony to the quality of the Renntech parts, since this dealer typically can f**k up a steel ball with a rubber hammer.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Jangy,

May be you and I will hit up EVO stage 2 and ask them for a discount for your car and mine.
Set it up bro, I'm ready $$