Sponsored by:

E55 wheel alignment question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 K1
E55 wheel alignment question

I have been told that w211 has an intentional negative camber for front wheels for performance reasons and that this will lead to inside wear on front tires over time. True or false?

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Coalman
I have been told that w211 has an intentional negative camber for front wheels for performance reasons and that this will lead to inside wear on front tires over time. True or false?

Thanks.
I hope so, but I doubt that the camber is too negative (stock). Each track, etc is different and the settings would be different, so it isn't like negative camber always makes it better. My tires wear pretty even, but I throw the car alot, which helps to flatten it out by using the outsides.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Coalman

Thanks.
The car does have some negative camber for performance reasons but its nothing crazy. It is still mellow enough to keep tire wear even. Sporty cars should have low camber figures but with 500 hp a little grip never hurts

You can add or remove the camber with some factory crash bolts at your next check up.