How about this service ... re TPMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
How about this service ... re TPMS

Well I am trying to swap out my stock 18" style IV wheels for the split 19" units but now need to either have the TPMS sensors swapped over or get new ones...

So I call MB stealer here in London and ask the parts guy what TPMS sensor do I need for XXXX model number rim?

He says computer does not have any listed - "So I dont know". Dude if you dont knww who the heck does. He shows no interest to resolve my query and suggests I call "technical help" who ever they are.

He also could not tell me if the sensor on my stock wheels could be swapped over.

So instead I complained to the dealer manager who gets one of his other managers to contact me and to their credit apologise over the poor service.

So in his apology he says sorry the guy should have checked for you -he now has checked and well we think you can swap them over but are not sure - blah blah blah - but bottom line is he still cannot provide me with an answer either way or a price /availbility /model number on a new set.

WTF?

Last edited by stevebez; 07-26-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:47 PM
pas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Tire rack sells the sensors probably for less money than MB and they might even know what wheels they will fit. As far as i know they are beru sensors. good luck
Old 07-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Yup! Get them from Tirerack if you really need a set. They are half price..

BUT.. You dont need another set. The sensors & valvestems will come out of your current wheels and can be transferred to the new ones. Who is telling you to buy another set of sensors?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Yeah eventually found that out by going to the beru website and dug around for about 20 mins and found the re/re instructions ! yippee... so dont need new sensors but they say I need 4 new thread locking bolts ....

Suppose I could just use some thread lock on the old ones and that should be fine though.

Its quite a pain though as I have to pull all the tyres off re/re the stems and put all the tyres back.

Thanks though for the info !!!

The stealer still have their head up their own ar*e trying to figure out if the wheel part numbers I gave them are valid .... shhhhheeeesl

Last edited by stevebez; 07-26-2006 at 03:34 PM.