Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MB Extended Warranties

I have pretty much decided to buy an '05 E55 Silver 12,000miles. MB warranty will expire in Feb '09, leaving about 30 months of warranty.

I will be purchasing the car from a Dealer who has no MB affiliation. (so no CPO)

Does MB offer for sale extended warranties , and if so, can anyone define their costs and parameters.

I called an MB Dealerf or information, but only caught a cold.

Do many of you have extended warranties, wether an MB or after-market product?

What are your experiences and opinions.

Many thanks and much appreciated
Old 07-26-2006, 07:08 PM

'10 E63 AMG
If you want an extended warranty, and you can get one from MB for this car, then that's what you should do. Clark Howard says always get an extended warranty from the manufacturer - don't outsource to a second party or you're likely to have problems when you need some work done. Also, if you plan on modding your car, take into consideration whether your warranty may be voided. Everything I have heard suggests that, if the modification has no relation to the warranty item in question, then they can't void your warranty (e.g. - aftermarket wheels, and you have an engine problem) - I think I remember seeing in this forum somewhere that people have challenged this kind of situation in court and got the warranty upheld, but I'll leave that answer to the legal-beagles that visit this board. I'm sure you'll get lots of responses about this, so sift through them. I have an extended warranty through MB (I bought my car new from MB) - but I've also done some modding - haven't had to try out the warranty yet, thank goodness.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 PM

2014 GL 350 on order
Bundhi (doctor?): anyway-calc courtesy motors in chico, CA and get the best price from them. With these high strung beasts you NEED after warranty coverage for a 35K motor,etc.. Joker