Sponsored by:

2007 E63 Arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I love everything about it! IMO this is how the E55 should be. Last time Marcus posted pics of the first C55 on the board i bought it, lol i hope this does not happen again. I am really liking it!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
Originally Posted by Beltfed
Agreed, I also had a 95 M3 (Daytona Violet/Mulberry, 5spd, Lux package).

That was a great car, as you said....tight, trouble free, fun to drive. The E46 definitely feels the 200lbs heavier that it is.
agreeX2
i had a 99 m3, the best car ive had (tie w/ a 94 e500)
it was so much fun to drive, i used to get up at 5am to go canyon running, and i think that 11am is early. the car was calling me, i swear

btw,
my brother has a e46 m3 and what a piece of ****, they ruined the m3, navigation ( i wouldnt mind getting lost in my e36), smg, electronic lumbar thingies (one more thing; do people really need those rear windows to pop out 2in?)

and dont get me started on the look
Old 07-31-2006, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by jangy
You sure you don't get a kick back? Hmmmm, both guys are named Marcus....hmmmmm

"nothing more"...haha!! If it were nothing more, then why PAY to be a sponsor??

No I don't, I wish!

M
Old 07-31-2006, 06:45 PM

'10 E63 AMG
Here's some more fuel to stoke Jangy's fire:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=157310:smash:
Old 07-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I'd like that steering wheel. i prefer my function buttons, but that fat wheel looks mighty nice.
I can't think of anything that looks good fat. . . Other than a good fat sport wheel . . .
Old 07-31-2006, 10:25 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by AMG_55
i had a 99 m3, the best car ive had (tie w/ a 94 e500)
it was so much fun to drive, i used to get up at 5am to go canyon running, and i think that 11am is early. the car was calling me, i swear

btw,
my brother has a e46 m3 and what a piece of ****, they ruined the m3, navigation ( i wouldnt mind getting lost in my e36), smg, electronic lumbar thingies (one more thing; do people really need those rear windows to pop out 2in?)

and dont get me started on the look
I still have my '99 M3 since new, though it's now an 80% de-contented track car with a 4-point cage, seats, harnesses and a quick release steering setup. The goal is make it a BMW CCA club racer with a full 6-point cage.

It only travels on a trailer though, as the solid suspension components with the coil over suspension make it extremely uncomfortable on the streets.

I actually ordered an E46 M3 when it came out thinking I was going to trade my E36 for it. But at the end decided that I no longer wanted a double duty street/track car and decided to build a dedicated car initially for instructing at the schools, but eventually will be a club racer. And the E36 is superb for this purpose!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by oblax4
Here's some more fuel to stoke Jangy's fire:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=157310
No stoking needed. I respect Cyn too much to get into it anymore.

Hope the dudes new car works out.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
As much as I love AMG's/MB's why can't they put the opening of the intake mani in the front of the engine to create a cooler intake charge? There's alot of heat in back of the motor by the firewall.Would be nice to have the cool air rammed into the intake up front if the opening of the intake mani was located there, and it would also have a shorter path similar to GM's high performance V8's and the Lexus V8's.

However,it is what it is and I still like the car.I think they could get even more pwr by redesigning the intake manifold with the opening at the front of the engine.just my .02!

I checked the inlet on the 63... Looks like they did some engineering and figured out how to make a larger volume inlet. It appears to be larger in diameter than the 55Kmotors.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rkao
I still have my '99 M3 since new, though it's now an 80% de-contented track car with a 4-point cage, seats, harnesses and a quick release steering setup. The goal is make it a BMW CCA club racer with a full 6-point cage.

It only travels on a trailer though, as the solid suspension components with the coil over suspension make it extremely uncomfortable on the streets.

I actually ordered an E46 M3 when it came out thinking I was going to trade my E36 for it. But at the end decided that I no longer wanted a double duty street/track car and decided to build a dedicated car initially for instructing at the schools, but eventually will be a club racer. And the E36 is superb for this purpose!
good luck in you quest
get em all
Old 08-01-2006, 09:02 AM

grocery getter
Originally Posted by rkao

I am thinking about doing the sam thing (dedicated track car) but I am torn between the E30/E36

Were you an instructor at Oktoberfest this year?

Last edited by BTPower; 08-01-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
No stoking needed. I respect Cyn too much to get into it anymore.

Hope the dudes new car works out.
Jangy,

Ill be the first to say early production W164 cars with the 7g where terrible. There is no way around that. But saying all cars with 7g are junk just because some of the first vehicles were known to be jerky is going to far.

The E63 looks like such a great step forward (for a guy who values chassis dynamics) over the E55 that I would hate to see it be looked down on just because it has a 7g. Furthermore that 7g could be flawless since it is upgraded by AMG and it also is a good 2 years newer in part development and version coding!

Your ML and that other guyws ML likery are both trash. I give that right now up front and I wont look back!

I hope to drive an E63 soon but not about to go dump 30-40k into a new car quite yet. Would love to see how to drive though....
Old 08-01-2006, 03:03 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by BTPower
I am thinking about doing the sam thing (dedicated track car) but I am torn between the E30/E36

Were you an instructor at Oktoberfest this year?
Nope, couldn't make it with the birth of a new daughter in April, I've not been to a school yet! Hope to go in September up in Mosport (Canada).

As for the debate between an E30 and E36, you'll find fans in both camps. I went with an E36 M3 because that's what I leased back in late '98. I've always loved the E30 M3, and would love to find one for my stable one day while keeping the E36 as well. What I would really love to do is import an E30 M3 Sport Evo from Europe, now that'd be a car I'd keep forever!
Old 08-01-2006, 03:36 PM
ON PROBATION

BRA at Mosport is great stuff.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Jangy,

Ill be the first to say early production W164 cars with the 7g where terrible. There is no way around that. But saying all cars with 7g are junk just because some of the first vehicles were known to be jerky is going to far.

The E63 looks like such a great step forward (for a guy who values chassis dynamics) over the E55 that I would hate to see it be looked down on just because it has a 7g. Furthermore that 7g could be flawless since it is upgraded by AMG and it also is a good 2 years newer in part development and version coding!

Your ML and that other guyws ML likery are both trash. I give that right now up front and I wont look back!

I hope to drive an E63 soon but not about to go dump 30-40k into a new car quite yet. Would love to see how to drive though....
hey bro, I'm not saying all 7g rides are crap, just saying they owe me some reassurance BEFORE I will return. That simple. The buy back experience was extremely emotional to the point where I literally hate Frank D. His attitude, along with MB's attempts at blowing me off have the most to do with the bitter taste in my mouth. Honestly, I may buy a G500 soon, but other than that, NO more benzes for me until i am comfy with the S class. Once i feel the flagship is back to my standards, then i'll be flipping Benzes like IHOP does pancakes. Until then, who knows if i'll keep the E55 or dump it for some new toy. I just got burned. Been with Benz too long to be treated that way. Sure, it got cleared up when i called a VP, but how many times can I use those conectins and feel good about it?

As I said, I'll be open to the S550 and the E63. If they surprise me, then i'm in on both. If not, dunno what to do.

Miss you dude. The sway bar project is happning...look for a new post.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:51 AM
Almost a Member!

yeah... Europe, so that would be diesels ;)
Why the hell did they remove the horizontal red stripe in the middle of the backlights? Its terrible, it looks more like a CLK now .
The rest I love though