Sponsored by:

ESP/ABS Malfunction Flat Spots 2nd Front PS2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
ESP/ABS Malfunction Flat Spots 2nd Front PS2

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG? FOR THE 2ND TIME SINCE THE BRAKE UPDATES I HAVE HAD THE RIGHT FRONT LOCK UP WHILE THE GAS IS TO THE FLOOR (NO FOOT ON THE BRAKE!!!!) IT HAPPENS ONLY IN A LEFT HAND TURN IF THE ESP IS OFF. AFTER PUSHING THE FRONT RIGHT FOR 20 TO 30FT THE DAMN TIRE IS RUINED. MERCEDES IS BUYING THIS 2ND TIRE. I ALSO GET A SIMULTANEOUS ABS/ESP MALFUNCTION MESSAGE AFTERWARDS. ANYBODY HAD THIS ISSUE? DEREK? HAS YOURS DONE IT ON THE ROAD COURSE?

Last edited by AmenMercedesGo; 07-29-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
New to me. Interested to see how it turns out. What did MB say after the first time?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:49 PM

2005 E55
The first time I mistakenly blamed myself; that I might have been pushing it too hard and the ESP (though off) intervened to stabilize the car.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Diavel
are you drifting the car? (gas to the floor, left hand turn) Natural oversteer in the 211 could plow that flat spot.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I drift mine all the time. IT WILL NOT CAUSE flat spots. When ESP kicks in, it doesn't just slam on the brakes and hold. The only way you can cause the flat spot on your own would be to mash the brake AND gas at the same time and even then, I don't know that the computer wouldn't kick in before the flat spot occurred. If the car were "pushing", the ESP would kick in in the rear and two oposite corners, not the tire that has the most pressure on it.
This sounds like a differnt issue.

Got any pics of the flat spots? I have NEVER seen a rear drive w/ traction control that can do this type of thing.

Frond drives can do it, if you put on the parking brake and drive, then the rear will flat out. But I just don't see how driver error would do this, other than mashing brake and gas.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:50 PM

2005 E55
I will photograph the mark it left on the roadway on each occassion as I plan to show my dealer anyway, then I'll post it. No brake was applied. The brake comes own on its own! It appears that the ESP kicks own to settle the car down and when "IT" applies the brakes the caliper locks instead of pulsating.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20+ to list......
It might have been a brake drag or locked up, either the sensors are malfunction or the dealer screw up something when you were getting the brakes checked. Go show the dealer and talk to the service manager and the mechanic who actually did the brake job last time. Personally, I would sue them right away without second thoughts.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 PM

2005 E55
My three prior posts:

1)The first time I mistakenly blamed myself; that I might have been pushing it too hard and the ESP (though off) intervened to stabilize the car.

2)ESP/ABS Malfunction Flat Spots 2nd Front PS2

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG? FOR THE 2ND TIME SINCE THE BRAKE UPDATES I HAVE HAD THE RIGHT FRONT LOCK UP WHILE THE GAS IS TO THE FLOOR (NO FOOT ON THE BRAKE!!!!) IT HAPPENS ONLY IN A LEFT HAND TURN IF THE ESP IS OFF. AFTER PUSHING THE FRONT RIGHT FOR 20 TO 30FT THE DAMN TIRE IS RUINED. MERCEDES IS BUYING THIS 2ND TIRE. I ALSO GET A SIMULTANEOUS ABS/ESP MALFUNCTION MESSAGE AFTERWARDS. ANYBODY HAD THIS ISSUE? DEREK? HAS YOURS DONE IT ON THE ROAD COURSE?

3)I will photograph the mark it left on the roadway on each occassion as I plan to show my dealer anyway, then I'll post it. No brake was applied. The brake comes own on its own! It appears that the ESP kicks own to settle the car down and when "IT" applies the brakes the caliper locks instead of pulsating