W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlsson decklid spoiler installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carlsson decklid spoiler installed (pics)

Finally got the rear deck spoiler installed on my '06 Iridium Silver E55. Some pics at the URL below...

http://superbikepics.com/showgallery.php?other=38

Unfortunately, the pics of the spoiler were taken with my wife's pocket-sized camera rather than my big gun D-SLR, but it does the job, though I'd prefer more detail the D-SLR provides.

Cheers,

Ryan
Superbikepics.com
Old 08-06-2006, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Good looking car. I ordered the same spoiler for mine, now I know what it looks like on my obsidian black car.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Received 513 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
That is a nice piece. It integrates well with the rear deck. Can you give us a price on this product? I assume it came primed but not painted?

Oh................BTW the ride looks sweet.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:30 PM

Thanks for the props..

I got the piece from Adam @ Kronen Tuning perhaps 2-3 months ago. I sat on it for a while...don't know why I didn't get it installed sooner. The spoiler is larger than I thought it would be, but then again I came from an '03 ///M3 with it's flat trunklid "lip" spoiler and, proportionally, that car is smaller. From the rear view, the lines match the visual line that extends "upward" from the license plate recess. Also, the hard edge on the right and left rear quarter panel ties right into the edge of the spoiler. Both design attributes appealed to me very much - some thought actually went into the design!

The spoiler was around $700 primed, with the two-part epoxy included. Paint & installation took one day and another $300. Even though I had to leave my car at the shop, the upside was that my dealer gave me an S55 as a loaner!

Cheers,

Ryan
Superbikepics.com