Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by vrus
Jangy,

The wheels that are in my sig pic are the CCW SP500 in 19x9 and 19x10. My car was the first MB to have them in that size and style. The fitment is perfect. I was running 255 & 295 tires.

I sold my wheels to DSC on the board. He loves them also... They are just a pain to keep clean. Since they are not clear coated, you really have to keep up with cleaning them. I am now running a set of Brabus Style VI with black centers until I decide what permanent wheels I want... I am leaning towards the HRE C22 with polished lip and black centers.

I want something that is super light, strong, and has black centers so that's what I leaning towards.

Here is a link to a thread with alot of high res pics: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=ccw

Can you give me the offsets? I am wanting ten inch rears and 295s, too.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by jangy
VIC55...funny thing is I've spent over $2K in "testing" alone to get the right offset, etc. Just want to make sure I have final specs set BEFORE i turn it over to a wheel company

I know I want 18X9 and 18X10 and that I want to run the 275 (front) and 295 (rear). BUT, I don't want any rubbing, even when she is dumped. And it dumps pretty low (thanks to Creative). I need to get a final decision on offset and I'll move. Then it is just getting nice quality and low weight.

Am I right thinking the forged rim (saves about 10lbs) and the rotors (another 10) will show me significant changes in unsprung feel?

Without a doubt you will notice the difference in launches with the rotors and the wheels. Actually you should drop more than a 10lb per corner average with the Evo rotors IMO. Reducing that much unsprung weight is like chipping a 55k... throttle response just seems that much quicker. Good luck in your quest crazy man!!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05E55
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
jangy, go the baller route and create your own rim company and create your own rims

There is a company that I think is part of Champion Porsche and they build custom rims for guys. I know the M5 guys had a set of rims made. One piece incredibly light weight and super strong.

Ah found it, the company name is called RAC and they make rims called the Monolites and then it's further broken down by model number. I can try to get in touch with them if we can get 10 folks or so down to get wheels.

Example wheel:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...&highlight=RAC
That's the thread for the wheels on M5board.
Apparently it's 3500$ for their set of 20's.
I think those are the same guys who make the Renntech wheels. No? Nice stuff.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know if they are the same guys that make the RENNtech wheels or not, sorry.

I went ahead and emailed them (a few hours ago). I hope they can bring something to the table. Although I don't have an E55, I'd love to get the ball rolling on getting some custom one piece ultralightweight wheels made (with certification and what not).
Old 08-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Went by Creative today and James verified that the C22s can be made to fit a 295 PS2 on a 18X10.5" It will be close and I think that is all we can get out of the rears without major work. It may even take some patience and fitting, but in the end i think i can end up with the only E55 running legit 295s with NO RUBBING. For the fronts: at the least, we will simply get a set of 18X9 HREs with identical or slightly more agressive offset than the current E55 rear OEM rims. I am running those on the front with a 275 PS2 and NO RUBBING, so they should be able to "duplicate" that. If possible, i will push the envelope and get a 9.5 and keep the 275 size. I think it will give me a little better crisp up front with the wider rim. We'll see.

Any help on offsets? By the way, now we need to decide on color. Do I go black powdercoated centers and polished lips? I don't want paint chips and I like the flat look anyway, so I'm glad HRE has gone that route anyway.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I don't know if they are the same guys that make the RENNtech wheels or not, sorry.

I went ahead and emailed them (a few hours ago). I hope they can bring something to the table. Although I don't have an E55, I'd love to get the ball rolling on getting some custom one piece ultralightweight wheels made (with certification and what not).
Find out if they are lighter than the HREs or better for some other reason before i commit, cause once I do i consider it paid since they will be working with me to fit them and not just drop shipping to my door.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Vic55
Without a doubt you will notice the difference in launches with the rotors and the wheels. Actually you should drop more than a 10lb per corner average with the Evo rotors IMO. Reducing that much unsprung weight is like chipping a 55k... throttle response just seems that much quicker. Good luck in your quest crazy man!!
VIC55, dude for the love of all koobideh lovers, get me some kind of deal on the EVO rotors. An intro their lair something. I know they have the best price out on them as is, but man o man all I need is a little nudge, cause I am itching to drop that weight. I really do think a set of forged rims and composite rotors will be noticed.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Find out if they are lighter than the HREs or better for some other reason before i commit, cause once I do i consider it paid since they will be working with me to fit them and not just drop shipping to my door.
I am, I emailed the company yesterday. They might be busy finalizing the order for the E60 M5 guys so that's why I'm waiting it out right now.

If that works, I can work on arranging a GB on evosport rotors or something if demand is large enough.. (emphasis on can work on, can't promise anything)
Old 08-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Dude, I would kill for a group buy on the rotors. The last one was a sweet deal and I'm kicking myself for not getting in.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I am, I emailed the company yesterday. They might be busy finalizing the order for the E60 M5 guys so that's why I'm waiting it out right now.

If that works, I can work on arranging a GB on evosport rotors or something if demand is large enough.. (emphasis on can work on, can't promise anything)
As far as the wheels let me know. For now, i haven't gotten any pricing but I know Creative will work with me and i also know HRE will to get it RIGHT or I would not be willing to spend the $4k, anyway. Good customer service goes a long way in my book. James has been responsive to me and I like his tech, so I will need to throw him what business makes sense. I'm the loyal type you know. I assume he could work with any manufacturer as well. the RENN monolites are yes and no to me. Just not the same as the C22s or the CCWs.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Went by Creative today and James verified that the C22s can be made to fit a 295 PS2 on a 18X10.5" It will be close and I think that is all we can get out of the rears without major work. It may even take some patience and fitting, but in the end i think i can end up with the only E55 running legit 295s with NO RUBBING. For the fronts: at the least, we will simply get a set of 18X9 HREs with identical or slightly more agressive offset than the current E55 rear OEM rims. I am running those on the front with a 275 PS2 and NO RUBBING, so they should be able to "duplicate" that. If possible, i will push the envelope and get a 9.5 and keep the 275 size. I think it will give me a little better crisp up front with the wider rim. We'll see.

Any help on offsets? By the way, now we need to decide on color. Do I go black powdercoated centers and polished lips? I don't want paint chips and I like the flat look anyway, so I'm glad HRE has gone that route anyway.
To late, there are already quite a few E55s i know of with 295's in the rear. If done correctly you probably will not rub to bad, maybe only over big bumps or a full load in the car. But if anyone says you will definitly never rub without modification, they are lying.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
To late, there are already quite a few E55s i know of with 295's in the rear. If done correctly you probably will not rub to bad, maybe only over big bumps or a full load in the car. But if anyone says you will definitly never rub without modification, they are lying.
Not to be a *****, but no they are not lying. It is an absolute design requirement

It isn't at all too late. I am currently running 295s, but not in a MINT setup and no one else has either. I am saying I will run the 295 PS2 no less, not pirelli, and have NO RUBBING. Period, or a failure. You really think its been done. if so, who and please help me. the object wasn't to be first, it was to get her done. if it has been done, I'm down for a copy cat.

Last edited by jangy; 08-11-2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Not to be a *****, but no they are not lying. It is an absolute design requirement

It isn't at all too late. I am currently running 295s, but not in a MINT setup and no one else has either. I am saying I will run the 295 PS2 no less, not pirelli, and have NO RUBBING. Period, or a failure. You really think its been done. if so, who and please help me. the object wasn't to be first, it was to get her done. if it has been done, I'm down for a copy cat.

I find it hard to believe anyone would guarantee a 295 on the rear with no chance of ever a hint of rubbing under any circumstances. But again, I never seen it on 18's actually. Only 19 or 20s. There is a forum member on here with a set of 20s I think with a 295 rear. I forgot his name, but do a search, I think it was that light blue E55.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I find it hard to believe anyone would guarantee a 295 on the rear with no chance of ever a hint of rubbing under any circumstances. But again, I never seen it on 18's actually. Only 19 or 20s. There is a forum member on here with a set of 20s I think with a 295 rear. I forgot his name, but do a search, I think it was that light blue E55.
the discussion was pretty clear and even HRE was hesitant at first. He asked a bunch of details said wait a sec and came back with we can make it happen. Again, it is a given that it may take a few tries and my being local was one question he asked. Yes, 18s have everything to do with it. my overall rolling diameter will be almost identical to stock. Also, i have done extensive experiments on my car just to get it to run 275/295s and even now it barely rubs, so I don't need a miracle, I just need to get it PERFECT.

For me, their willingness to try is good enough. i feel that Creative will support me and HRE committed to try. Thatis all I can ask. we play for a while and if it doesnt happen, then it CAN't and I'll be more ready to downsize. that is it. Trust me this is a very big subject for me and I have been through numerous tires and wheels trying to get my education up on these cars.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
the discussion was pretty clear and even HRE was hesitant at first. He asked a bunch of details said wait a sec and came back with we can make it happen. Again, it is a given that it may take a few tries and my being local was one question he asked. Yes, 18s have everything to do with it. my overall rolling diameter will be almost identical to stock. Also, i have done extensive experiments on my car just to get it to run 275/295s and even now it barely rubs, so I don't need a miracle, I just need to get it PERFECT.

For me, their willingness to try is good enough. i feel that Creative will support me and HRE committed to try. Thatis all I can ask. we play for a while and if it doesnt happen, then it CAN't and I'll be more ready to downsize. that is it. Trust me this is a very big subject for me and I have been through numerous tires and wheels trying to get my education up on these cars.

18's.... you should not have a problem with. Even if it did rub, it will be so close the rubbing will be so minor it wont even matter. Even though i understand you do not want it to rub at all. Being that you are local to HRE is also good. HRE is great, they will help you out along the way, they have great service. The are the only wheels i will ever own.

Good luck on the project, its always nice to have a lot of rubber in the rear, i wish i can fit more then a 345 in the back of my Viper!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
18's.... you should not have a problem with. Even if it did rub, it will be so close the rubbing will be so minor it wont even matter. Even though i understand you do not want it to rub at all. Being that you are local to HRE is also good. HRE is great, they will help you out along the way, they have great service. The are the only wheels i will ever own.

Good luck on the project, its always nice to have a lot of rubber in the rear, i wish i can fit more then a 345 in the back of my Viper!
I may would wet my pants if I could get some 345s under E. Talk about a new era.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I may would wet my pants if I could get some 345s under E. Talk about a new era.
LOL, i dont even think you can do that on a E with a widebody!