Sponsored by:

Post ECU Reflash - THE BEAST IS BACK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 K1
Post ECU Reflash - THE BEAST IS BACK!

As I have reported before, my car's performance (2003 E55) has been disappointing since ECU reflash. At first I could hardly spin tires, but I noticed a gradual improvement after several hundred miles.

So I'm on a grocery run last night when a kid in a hopped up Mustang starts playing with me. No contest really, even with detuned performance since reflash. Anyway, I floor it a couple of seconds to pull ahead. Then slow down so he can catch up. I do this three times and I notice car is staying in lower gears like it used to rather then upshift like it has since reflash.

So we come to a stop light. I have ESP on and car in D/S. I have driven this stretch many times so nothing new as far as traction. The light turns green and all hell breaks loose. The engine is screaming like it used to pre-reflash. Rear tires are spinning even with ESP on. Car is pulling like a locomotive and ESP is flashing all the way through first gear and into second. I am actually fighting to keep the car in a straight line. Needless to say Mustang is toast.

I was reluctant to take the car home and park it for the night because I don't know which E55 I will have in the morning. Obviously, there is some kind of learning process, at least in my case, with new software. I also think it quickly unlearns if you loaf along for several miles. So from now on, it's ***** to the wall!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
This is good news.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:18 PM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
Had you tried the "sneaky" ECU reset after the flash ?

Ignition on to accessory, floor accelerator for 5 sec then turn ignition off while pedal still depreseed... wait at least two minutes before restarting.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 PM

i drive an ///M6
...this makes sense.... I have been reading how everyone is disapointed wth the reflash ....my story is a little different, but similar. I had a new wiring harness installed because my driver's door control was dead... right when i picked up the car, the sunroof was all messed up, up was down, open was close, ect.. i left the service advisor a message that eve and he called me the next day at noon. the 1st word from him were " i have a note your sunroof is acting funny... I'll bet it's ok now, though, huh?" -- it was, --what he informed me is that when benzes replace electrical things and/or disconnect the battery, some things need to "relearn" what they do. hopefully for all you 55k guys, this is the case.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:37 PM

2003 E55 K1
Yes, I did reset with no benefit.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i'm sooo jealous coalman.

i too have tried the sneaky ecu reset to no avail. i also do seem to notice that my car seems to run a little stronger when in "d" and esp on, but it's an even more subjective observation than not being able to spin the tires in "m" with esp off..
Old 08-10-2006, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i'm sooo jealous coalman.

i too have tried the sneaky ecu reset to no avail. i also do seem to notice that my car seems to run a little stronger when in "d" and esp on, but it's an even more subjective observation than not being able to spin the tires in "m" with esp off..

Hopefully K1 kleeman mod will cure this desease... too bad its gonna cost me $3500.00!