Sponsored by:

RENNtech Lowering Module! Special

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Thanks for checking into it.. I appreciate it. I know alot of companies put their company name on something that is built outside. I know Brabus does it too.. H&R is the real company behind their lowering module. No biggie.. Just wanted people to know who actually created the product and who is marketing it.

If Renntech knew about the error already, why for the love of god didnt they tell their distributors to put an updated version of the instructions in the box? So, that means when I was sold the unit, they knew there was a problem but no one bothered to tell me about it?? So, they wanted me to screw up my car?

Why let a customer buy the thing and not tell him there is a mistake??? I would have almost preferred to hear that Renntech DIDNT know about the mistake, they thank me for letting them know about it, and life goes on.. No harm no foul...

It almost seems like no one bothered doing a QA on the module install instructions or a test install on a W211 or R230 to confirm if the instructions were accurate. That doesn't sound right does it?

Anyways, no one got hurt, so I guess all is well...

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Well Vic you are right and RENNtech does know about the issue. I am not sure what to say regarding the mistake but after talking to them the research needed to get the diagrams straight was intense.

Half the wiring diagrams from factory are often wrong as well and RENNtech used those diagrams as the base for their public version. If there was a mistake it i was an honest mistake and could simply be a mistake started by MB.

As for the comment about them not makingthe parts all I can say is that no tuner makes their own parts in house. Expecting that is insane. Im not sure you are trying to imply that but I sure hope not. Kleemann does not make their box in house. The modern era uses out sourcing of production and I know for fact RENNtech did not just go out and buy this part from some existing company but instead Hartmut wanted to design a product that resolved all the things he hated about the old tech ELM's.

But I am glad you like the end result. I my self just cant have a car all that low due to driving style. Going an inch lower than OEM is to low for me so Where your car sits must be really low. Post some pics!
James,

If critical information like this is already known by the distributor (Renntech), why wouldnt they get someone to make a post on the board and say ATT: ALL PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT RENN DLM... They could have warned us if they knew about it.

As for statement about killing me off, that wasnt me.. Someone else posted that.. I posted back a humorous reply.

But, are you saying they purposely held back information on the Lowering Module installation instructions mistake to get back at me and hope that I screwed up the installation?

Thanks for the kudos!! I really do enjoy the hobby and I will always be looking to come up with great products at affordable prices.

P.S-> I wasnt looking to knock off their product.. I wanted to test it and see if it really made the power they claimed it did.

Originally Posted by James@Creative
The addendum has already been done.

as for your comment about them trying to kill you off, you also have to understand that you were trying to knockoff a product of theres where they have spent endless amounts of money to R&D and product for the Mb world. I'm sure ANY company or business would be upset when someone tries to knockoff there product after thousands of dollars spend on the R&D.

But I'm glad your enjoying the modulare, and continue to do what your doing, as your doing some amazing things.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
As a newly annointed QA Manager, I can tell you I am held ultimately accountable for what goes into our package inserts and claims we make.

Now, if only RennTech would see the benefit in using me as their QA/QC by letting me play with their stuff and giving proper feedback. Heck, I'd even be willing to use my car for free!! HAHA!! Just some wishful thinking....
Old 08-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Jangy,

I think the two of us should team up and setup a company that does nothing but review/test vendor's products and review them.. As a bonus we get to keep anything we review.. LOL..

What do you say?

Originally Posted by jangy
As a newly annointed QA Manager, I can tell you I am held ultimately accountable for what goes into our package inserts and claims we make.

Now, if only RennTech would see the benefit in using me as their QA/QC by letting me play with their stuff and giving proper feedback. Heck, I'd even be willing to use my car for free!! HAHA!! Just some wishful thinking....
Old 08-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I'm in. Isn't that how consumer reports started?
Old 08-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
Originally Posted by vrus
Hey Jangy,

I think the two of us should team up and setup a company that does nothing but review/test vendor's products and review them.. As a bonus we get to keep anything we review.. LOL..

What do you say?
Victor,

Nice try bro!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by vrus
Thanks for checking into it.. I appreciate it. I know alot of companies put their company name on something that is built outside. I know Brabus does it too.. H&R is the real company behind their lowering module. No biggie.. Just wanted people to know who actually created the product and who is marketing it.

If Renntech knew about the error already, why for the love of god didnt they tell their distributors to put an updated version of the instructions in the box? So, that means when I was sold the unit, they knew there was a problem but no one bothered to tell me about it?? So, they wanted me to screw up my car?

Why let a customer buy the thing and not tell him there is a mistake??? I would have almost preferred to hear that Renntech DIDNT know about the mistake, they thank me for letting them know about it, and life goes on.. No harm no foul...

It almost seems like no one bothered doing a QA on the module install instructions or a test install on a W211 or R230 to confirm if the instructions were accurate. That doesn't sound right does it?

Anyways, no one got hurt, so I guess all is well...

James,

If critical information like this is already known by the distributor (Renntech), why wouldnt they get someone to make a post on the board and say ATT: ALL PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT RENN DLM... They could have warned us if they knew about it.

As for statement about killing me off, that wasnt me.. Someone else posted that.. I posted back a humorous reply.

But, are you saying they purposely held back information on the Lowering Module installation instructions mistake to get back at me and hope that I screwed up the installation?

Thanks for the kudos!! I really do enjoy the hobby and I will always be looking to come up with great products at affordable prices.

P.S-> I wasnt looking to knock off their product.. I wanted to test it and see if it really made the power they claimed it did.

Well I am not sure when you purchased the ELM or when you installed it but I doubt that RENNtech sat on their rears knowing an issue could take place. From the looks of the issue no damage would take place but instead the car just would not lower as designed ie not lower at all on one axle.

Its not always fun and games working in the car business. Things do go wrong and when the factory wiring diagram leads you astray you just get unlucky.

Is this issue for all production dates of the W211? I personally dont know all that much about the issue other than having been explained why it ended up that way.

Anyhow good luck with it all... I need to get packed... Plane to London leaves in the morning - and I need to make sure im on it!
Old 08-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I was one of the first 5 to receive the ELM when it was introduced.. but... it sat around until last weekend when I had the time to install it.

During all that time, if they already knew about the problem, why didnt anyone post something on the board, or email the distributors, or email the customers who purchased them?

From the sounds of it, Creative discovered the same problem a week or two earlier than me (when they installed Jangy's car) and had to have mentioned it to Renntech.. So, during that whole time period, no one bothered to inform all the customers about the mistake.

You can see how easy it was to let everyone know.. I did it in a couple of minutes by scanning the manual, pointing out the error, and providing a correction.. Simple.

Bottom line is: If they knew about the mistake, they should have imparted that knowledge to US.

FLY SAFE!! Have a good trip!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Well I am not sure when you purchased the ELM or when you installed it but I doubt that RENNtech sat on their rears knowing an issue could take place. From the looks of the issue no damage would take place but instead the car just would not lower as designed ie not lower at all on one axle.

Its not always fun and games working in the car business. Things do go wrong and when the factory wiring diagram leads you astray you just get unlucky.

Is this issue for all production dates of the W211? I personally dont know all that much about the issue other than having been explained why it ended up that way.

Anyhow good luck with it all... I need to get packed... Plane to London leaves in the morning - and I need to make sure im on it!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I agree with you Victor and I apologize for not posting about it. I simply didn't add 2 and 2. I was only worried about getting my car right and didn't know all of the details. By the time it was fixed, I just wrote it off and did not bother to root cause the troubles (as I normally would). I am curious if anyone knows what pin the "other" wire goes to and what would happen if you did indeed follow the directions? Could a left front headlight go out?
Old 08-18-2006, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Had my parts installed and got my baby back today. Tech tells me this is a really awsum LM and an easy install...I already played with the rake to suit my tastes...weather is crappy so no pics yet.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
No worries.. I am just glad the info came out and people were warned.

Originally Posted by jangy
I agree with you Victor and I apologize for not posting about it. I simply didn't add 2 and 2. I was only worried about getting my car right and didn't know all of the details. By the time it was fixed, I just wrote it off and did not bother to root cause the troubles (as I normally would). I am curious if anyone knows what pin the "other" wire goes to and what would happen if you did indeed follow the directions? Could a left front headlight go out?
Programma did a great job with it.. It eliminates the temp variations that affect the typical resistors in the analog lowering modules. My car always stays at the same stance now regardless of weather. I am happy with it.

Originally Posted by vader
Had my parts installed and got my baby back today. Tech tells me this is a really awsum LM and an easy install...I already played with the rake to suit my tastes...weather is crappy so no pics yet.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Mine says Renntech on it !
Old 08-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Mine says Jangy Specialized
Old 08-19-2006, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
You dog...I sure wish I had knobs like you Its a pain opening up that lid to dial it in...
Old 08-20-2006, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Low enuff ?? I'm on the fence...may need to go a little more...thoughts ? Jangy.....I drive in S2 mode for the most part....if I set the box up real low while in S2...will it come up incrementally in S1 and C ? Or do those just control the softness of the ride and have no bearing on ride height ?

Old 08-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
S2 is the lowest. It definitely does raise up in C and S1. I drop it depending on my mood. That is the beauty of the easy access. You simply flip a few knobs.

I have mine a bit lower with about the same rake as yours. There is no real optimal height. It all depends on road conditions, driving style, etc. That is why being able to adjust it on the fly is an absolute necessity to me.

Anyhow, I like mine a bit lower. But, there is enough travel difference between C and S2 to use that system for the daily optimizations. I usually drop mine low (in S2). Then, I can put it in C when I need some more comfort. I can also use the raise button when in town to not worry about potholes. The Renntech module has really made using the factory settings much more useful.