Sponsored by:

RENNtech Lowering Module! Special

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNtech Lowering Module! Special

Renntech Lowering Module.

RENNtech's new generation lowering module now available!
This all new lowering module does away the analog control of competitors and replaces it with a module that is controlled by four digital microprocessors. Digital control eliminates the temperature variations as well as any inconsistencies of the older generation modules. This module will fit any ABC or AirMatic Mercedes using a user selectable switch.
The digital design also allows for a module that can be adjusted to provide any height between stock to a ground slammed 50mm lower. This is achieved by individual wheel height adjustment. Using eight position rotary switches the user can adjust each front wheel and the rear axle height individually.
This revolutionary device is encased in a watertight molded ABS enclosure and utilizes an automotive grade waterproof electrical connector. All required hardware as well as a comprehensive installation manual are included in the ready to install kit.

Standard Price: $1,495
RENNtech Introductory Price: $1,195
Creative Autoworks Introductory Price: $1,070
-Installation of Standard Module $85
-Modified Module with extended knobs for easy Access: $1195
-Installation of modified box underneath dash: $150
-Custom Location Call for Price!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:28 PM

How hard is the install?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:10 PM

The Install I would say is a 3 or 4 out of 10, RENNtech provides very detailed instructions, a simple soldering iron, is needed to solider the wires, and heat shrink is provided. The job is simple, however slight time consuming. Expect to spend roughly an hour to the installation.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:50 PM

04 E55
James, how long will the Lowering Module be available for at this price?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by bigjuice
James, how long will the Lowering Module be available for at this price?

According to RENNtech this price will be valid until atleast the end of the month.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
If you are local, I'd rcommend letting James install it. First, if there are any issues (electrical!!), then he steps up as does REnn as does MB, so you are covered. Second, Del (the head tech at Creative) is AWESOME. A true craftsman and perfectionist.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by jangy
If you are local, I'd rcommend letting James install it. First, if there are any issues (electrical!!), then he steps up as does REnn as does MB, so you are covered. Second, Del (the head tech at Creative) is AWESOME. A true craftsman and perfectionist.
Agree!
Old 08-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Well.. I'll give some feedback on the module since I installed mine myself.

It does not take 1hr.. It is a 2-3hr job because you want to move very carefully and double check everything. If you make a mistake or rush through it and dont do everything correctly you COULD screw up your suspension.

I am very happy with the end result.. My car is literally slammed now.
I like the fact that I can turn some dials and change the height of my car... I didnt install it like Jangy did, but, considering where it is, it only takes 10min to get to it when I want to make changes.

I brought it down an extra 1" from where it was with the Star lowering. The reason I bought this module is because for some reason my car would not go down as low as some others did with the Star method.. My sensor voltage values were already close to the limits so the adjustabilty was limited for me.

I did it in 3hrs because I took my time and triple checked EVERYTHING before making a move. Good thing too because I found a mistake in the installation manual with respect to W211 installations.

They instruct you to cut the WRONG WIRE for one of them. If I didnt double check the pin # against the colour I would have snipped the wrong wire.

BTW, Renntech does not make this module. It is made by a company called Programma and it is distributed and marketed under the Renntech name.

All in all, this is a great product. The only thing I am not too happy about is that they didnt take the time to make a wiring harness which was plug & play.. If they did that, this would be the ultimate lowering module!

Cutting, splicing, and soldering is required for every wire and you have to make sure you do it 100% correctly or you could kiss your suspension goodbye.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
......All in all, this is a great product. The only thing I am not too happy about is that they didnt take the time to make a wiring harness which was plug & play.. If they did that, this would be the ultimate lowering module!..........
With that said, is there an appropriate location to plug a harness in (should I wire the module up to one?)

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
They instruct you to cut the WRONG WIRE for one of them. If I didnt double check the pin # against the colour I would have snipped the wrong wire.

Whoa !!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you expand on that please !!! wire color/number
Old 08-16-2006, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS 55 AMG

make sure you do it 100% correctly or you could kiss your suspension goodbye.
wow, thanks for da info vrus...i'll be taking extra extra precaution when time to install
Old 08-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by vader
Whoa !!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you expand on that please !!! wire color/number

DITTO!!! I know how to check colors. Please let us know.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Below is the page in the manual for the installation instructions that applies to the CLS & E55 .

Step #7 in the manual says for the E55 to look for BROWN/YELLOW wire which is supposed to be Pin 40. On the CLS55 that wire is supposed to be a BLACK/YELLOW.

Well, I go and find this brown/yellow wire on my car.. Before I cut, because I am ****, I double check the pin that it goes to and it isnt 40!! At this point, I go looking for the Black/Yellow wire, and lo and behold, I trace it back and it goes into Pin 40 position..

So, as far as my 2003 E55 is concerned, Pin 40 is a BLACK/YELLOW wire not a BROWN/YELLOW wire. I am not sure if they transposed the wire colours between the 2 cars, or if my 2003 E55 has a different wire colour..

Anyways, just make sure the installer DOUBLE checks the Pin 40 to see what colour it is and cuts that one!

God knows what would have happened if I connected that Brown/Yellow wire.. Last thing you want to do is short something out that is suspension related.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned

AMGs
Outstanding... We need people like you VRUS to make the world goes around.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Almost a Member!

I think you need to contact the ppl in charge in here as that man has been advertising that lowering thing in every group.
Thank God for someone like Vrus or we may be as low as:

6 feet under.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Man that is not cool....Renntech needs to know about this asap....
Old 08-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Well.. On my car it definitely is a Black/Yellow wire so for me the instructions were wrong..

Jangy, check your car.. look at the wiring harness on the LM and find the Green wire comming out of it.. If it connects to the BLACK/YELLOW wire then for sure the manual is wrong..

If it connects to a BROWN/YELLOW wire, then maybe they changed the colour of the wire on later model cars.

EDIT: Jangy: Even if you find that it connects to the Brown/Yellow wire, trace it back and make sure it goes to Pin 40 on the Car's connector otherwise you could have problems on your hands!!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT.. PLEASE GO CHECK ASAP!!!!

Whatever you guys do, tell your installers to cut wires based on the PIN location and not the colour.. That is the safest way to install this thing.

Last edited by vrus; 08-16-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sorry.. I missed your post..

I was actually going to try and do this, but, by the time I sourced the plug & connectors it would of taken me months to get this thing installed..

I just think that they did a great job doing this next gen lowering module and then they skimped out and didnt make it plug & play. I really hated cutting up all those wires..

Not sure if that will be an easy thing to do.

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
With that said, is there an appropriate location to plug a harness in (should I wire the module up to one?)

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks for the help victor. I will check it out. I also have a wiring diagram for the car, so i will look it up to see what it says the #40 pin is.

I've used the crap out of mine and all functions seem to work, so I dunno.

Maybe Creative can clear up my install? I know they were on the phone with renn at the time getting everything set.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I know what Pin 40 does.. I believe it is the Right Front wheel height sensor.. If your car is operating correctly and it is going up and down on all 4 corners then you have the wiring done correctly.. Now, I am curious to see if you have a Black/Yellow or Brown/Yellow wire connected to the Green wire from the module.

One of 2 things happened during install:

1) Creative followed the directions and cut the brown/yellow, it didn't work, and they called Renntech and fixed it and switched to the black/yellow.

2) Your car already had a brown/yellow wire at Pin 40 location in which case we would need another 2003 E55 to confirm if the colours changed in the later year cars.

If #1 was the case, I would be upset that no one got the information out to all the distributors of the product so they could warn customers about the mistake in the manual.

Maybe James @ Creative could talk to the installer that worked on your car and ask him what happened with this Pin 40 connection??

Originally Posted by jangy
Thanks for the help victor. I will check it out. I also have a wiring diagram for the car, so i will look it up to see what it says the #40 pin is.

I've used the crap out of mine and all functions seem to work, so I dunno.

Maybe Creative can clear up my install? I know they were on the phone with renn at the time getting everything set.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:37 PM

I know what Pin 40 does.. I believe it is the Right Front wheel height sensor.. If your car is operating correctly and it is going up and down on all 4 corners then you have the wiring done correctly.. Now, I am curious to see if you have a Black/Yellow or Brown/Yellow wire connected to the Green wire from the module.

One of 2 things happened during install:

1) Creative followed the directions and cut the brown/yellow, it didn't work, and they called Renntech and fixed it and switched to the black/yellow.

2) Your car already had a brown/yellow wire at Pin 40 location in which case we would need another 2003 E55 to confirm if the colours changed in the later year cars.

If #1 was the case, I would be upset that no one got the information out to all the distributors of the product so they could warn customers about the mistake in the manual.

Maybe James @ Creative could talk to the installer that worked on your car and ask him what happened with this Pin 40 connection??

Yea i just talked it over with him, and he just did it to pin 40, I'll tell RENNtech about the color differences on the harness, we had a similar issue on the SL.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Phew, thought the boys at Renntech were out to finish off old Vrus.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
James,

A couple of things:

1) You guys did a great job on Jangy's car. It sounds like you have a great shop down there and for that..

2) Thank you for your honesty and for confirming the issue in the manual. Hopefully what I discovered will prevent someone from making serious mistakes during their install.

3) I am not sure if Programma or Renntech wrote out the instructions, but, maybe you could get them to write an addendum to the manual and include it in each box that gets shipped out so that the person receiving it gets the proper instructions. It's kind of sloppy when they make a mistake on the R230 and the W211 instructions.. Ugghhh...

Anyways, thanks for your input!

Originally Posted by James@Creative
Yea i just talked it over with him, and he just did it to pin 40, I'll tell RENNtech about the color differences on the harness, we had a similar issue on the SL.
Great... So you are saying that I am a marked man now??? LOL...

Originally Posted by Baked Benz
Phew, thought the boys at Renntech were out to finish off old Vrus.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Well.. I'll give some feedback on the module since I installed mine myself.

It does not take 1hr.. It is a 2-3hr job because you want to move very carefully and double check everything. If you make a mistake or rush through it and dont do everything correctly you COULD screw up your suspension.

I am very happy with the end result.. My car is literally slammed now.
I like the fact that I can turn some dials and change the height of my car... I didnt install it like Jangy did, but, considering where it is, it only takes 10min to get to it when I want to make changes.

I brought it down an extra 1" from where it was with the Star lowering. The reason I bought this module is because for some reason my car would not go down as low as some others did with the Star method.. My sensor voltage values were already close to the limits so the adjustabilty was limited for me.

I did it in 3hrs because I took my time and triple checked EVERYTHING before making a move. Good thing too because I found a mistake in the installation manual with respect to W211 installations.

BTW, Renntech does not make this module. It is made by a company called Programma and it is distributed and marketed under the Renntech name.

All in all, this is a great product. The only thing I am not too happy about is that they didnt take the time to make a wiring harness which was plug & play.. If they did that, this would be the ultimate lowering module!

Cutting, splicing, and soldering is required for every wire and you have to make sure you do it 100% correctly or you could kiss your suspension goodbye.
Well Vic you are right and RENNtech does know about the issue. I am not sure what to say regarding the mistake but after talking to them the research needed to get the diagrams straight was intense.

Half the wiring diagrams from factory are often wrong as well and RENNtech used those diagrams as the base for their public version. If there was a mistake it i was an honest mistake and could simply be a mistake started by MB.

As for the comment about them not makingthe parts all I can say is that no tuner makes their own parts in house. Expecting that is insane. Im not sure you are trying to imply that but I sure hope not. Kleemann does not make their box in house. The modern era uses out sourcing of production and I know for fact RENNtech did not just go out and buy this part from some existing company but instead Hartmut wanted to design a product that resolved all the things he hated about the old tech ELM's.

But I am glad you like the end result. I my self just cant have a car all that low due to driving style. Going an inch lower than OEM is to low for me so Where your car sits must be really low. Post some pics!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 PM

James,

A couple of things:

1) You guys did a great job on Jangy's car. It sounds like you have a great shop down there and for that..

2) Thank you for your honesty and for confirming the issue in the manual. Hopefully what I discovered will prevent someone from making serious mistakes during their install.

3) I am not sure if Programma or Renntech wrote out the instructions, but, maybe you could get them to write an addendum to the manual and include it in each box that gets shipped out so that the person receiving it gets the proper instructions. It's kind of sloppy when they make a mistake on the R230 and the W211 instructions.. Ugghhh...

Anyways, thanks for your input!

Great... So you are saying that I am a marked man now??? LOL...
The addendum has already been done.

as for your comment about them trying to kill you off, you also have to understand that you were trying to knockoff a product of theres where they have spent endless amounts of money to R&D and product for the Mb world. I'm sure ANY company or business would be upset when someone tries to knockoff there product after thousands of dollars spend on the R&D.

But I'm glad your enjoying the modulare, and continue to do what your doing, as your doing some amazing things.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RENNtech Lowering Module! Special