Anyone ever drive one of these?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Anyone ever drive one of these?

Bored and looking at pics on my computer LOL. I wouldn't have this as my only car, but if I had a "stable" would definitely consider it. Talk about "full leather" How many cow's does it take to put this thing together.

I've heard some great things about how this car drives (I know all about the depreciation, reliability, etc.) so was wondering if any of you have had the pleasure?

Also trying to convince the wife she should get the Quattroporte. She likes it but doesn't really care about cars and she also knows the only reason I want her to have it is because I like it! One of the mags (Evo I think) tested it faster around their track than the M5. Pretty impressive with 100 HP less.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 E55 AMG (my dailydriver)
I've also heard great things about the GS and QP Sport as well. Not fortunate enough to drive one or let alone own one....at least not yet I hope.

I think your question would get more response here: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by PKE55AMG
I've also heard great things about the GS and QP Sport as well. Not fortunate enough to drive one or let alone own one....at least not yet I hope.

I think your question would get more response here: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Hope this helps.
Yeah, I know about ferrarichat. I may have found these pics there (or maseratilife.com). Am more interested in what my AMG friends think of the car. I know what they'll say on one of their forums. Like I said, was bored and thought I'd post some pics of a nice car. Not looking for any real discussion. Even if people just look at the pics and move on that's OK. Therre are worse things to look at!!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:03 PM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Don't like the lines on the coupe it just looks to long. The convertible I like and think it looks much better than the coupe. I am still undecided on the quattroporte but it is a pretty car. None of them are cars I would be interested in owning. My .02
Old 08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
My dad just purchased a Maserati Quattraporte not too long ago. I love the car, super sexy, gets enough looks from the 15 min drive I had in it, but jerky transmission. My dad had the same complaint on the transmission and wants to go back to a more easy to drive car.

They care cool though, give them that
Old 08-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Almost a Member!

HI!
I had a 2003 coupe cambiocorsa which I ended up trading for the E55 I currently own. As I have stated in previous posts I loved the driving dynamics of the maserati. Even though it is not lightweight (3700lbs) the weight distribution is perfect and it handles very well. The traction and stability control were not intrusive at all (opposite of MB) and the transmission in sport mode was awesome for hard driving (auto mode sucked). I used to get a lot more looks in the maser than in the E55 and even though the 55 would kill the maser in a drag race, in the twisties, the maser would probably be quicker. The brakes also felt better in the maserati. Last but not least, the sound the engine made at 7500rpm was magic. I ended up trading the car because I had a lot of problems with the transmission. They supposedly upgraded the software 3 times, and they ended replacing the clutch at 3000 miles. The dealer wanted me to pay for it, but after several meetings they ended up doing it under warranty. I traded it for the MB 2 days after getting the car back. Needless to say, I took a big hit, but I have not regreted my decision.
Hope this helps
Victor
Old 08-17-2006, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Here are some sweet exhaust clips

http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/index.p...&oid=54&pid=66
Old 08-17-2006, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gavidev
HI!
I had a 2003 coupe cambiocorsa which I ended up trading for the E55 I currently own. As I have stated in previous posts I loved the driving dynamics of the maserati. Even though it is not lightweight (3700lbs) the weight distribution is perfect and it handles very well. The traction and stability control were not intrusive at all (opposite of MB) and the transmission in sport mode was awesome for hard driving (auto mode sucked). I used to get a lot more looks in the maser than in the E55 and even though the 55 would kill the maser in a drag race, in the twisties, the maser would probably be quicker. The brakes also felt better in the maserati. Last but not least, the sound the engine made at 7500rpm was magic. I ended up trading the car because I had a lot of problems with the transmission. They supposedly upgraded the software 3 times, and they ended replacing the clutch at 3000 miles. The dealer wanted me to pay for it, but after several meetings they ended up doing it under warranty. I traded it for the MB 2 days after getting the car back. Needless to say, I took a big hit, but I have not regreted my decision.
Hope this helps
Victor
Listen to this guy. He speaks the truth. Typical Maseratis are depreciation monsters with poor reliabilty.

Personally I like the Maserati a lot, but there are two issues- it's too flamboyant for my taste (styling is more lottery winner than classic), and I absolutely abhor Italian automotive production engineering and customer service. Just as Toyota could learn a lot from Ferrari/Maserati on how to instill soul into their cars, the reverse is also true concerning Six Sigma and engineering production refinement into their designs.