Just drove an E 63 today........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nickerz
eagleeye...

Here I was hoping most of the E55 owners would be jumping ship to the E63 but now this forum seems to be divided, hence delaying my deal on an E55!

Nick
Just got a chance to see this and after my previous post I don't want anyone to think I'm part of a "group divided." I love the 55 and I love the 63 and honestly, I could be perfectly happy with either one. I'm not taking sides and now that I can say I have driven both, I just have respect for both. Each one I truly think is a totally different car. I might have said I would trade my 55 for a 63 but if I had a 63 and the 55 just came out I might be saying the same thing...
Old 09-10-2006, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RJC
What year is your E55 and how many miles on her?
I've got an '04 and shes about to turn 23,000. Really, the car used to feel much more powerful before the update. I recently got back from being out of town for 6 weeks (my car had been driven maybe twice while I was gone) and she felt STRONG. Was feeling super strong for the past few weeks and only about a week or so ago has she started to lose her steam. I think the ECU has re-adapted to my driving style. Ive tried the reset but if I feel any difference its only minimal. So minimal it feels mental, like Im convincing myself its quicker. Certainly doesn't feel like it did when I got back from my trip. I recently made friends with a new mechanic/tech. and Im gonna give my car to him for a weekend to tool and toy around and see what we can come up with.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:51 PM

05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
EleanorOwner, great write up. honestly like many im getting sick of the 63 bashers too, and whilst i can see the point in possible limitation of mods, i think its stupid for people to be saying the new motor is crap, and whats the point of the e63. End of the day its an AMG fettled merc and thats what we are all here for!
Old 09-11-2006, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by sly55
^^ that really is just a stupid comment.
Absolutley. Some people have no clue.

Great write up by Eleaonr Owner. I'm sure 63 will prove to be a great engine. 55 and 63 owners need to unite. They are both great cars and an inter-AMG rivalry is pointless.

Last edited by Carl Lassiter; 09-11-2006 at 12:14 AM.