What happenned to the E55 unity?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
What happenned to the E55 unity?

This place has really begun to lose its luster for me and I assume for many (from the volume and content of the posts).

There was a time when we all knew the truth even if we had differences in opinions. In either case, the majority of threads were us sharing information and ideas.

Now, the W210 folks have been forgotten. The W211 folks are all fragmented into the haters (3 types) and what few lovers (me included) we have left.

Some of the haters seem to be having problems (which I acknowledge may be true) with mods and blame MB for it. I don't deny that there are issues that people are having, but I do think that the witch hunt that is going on is neither productive NOR real. The only conspiracy going on is from the TUNER's side (as it should be). They are just trying to make a living out of their hobby and I respect that part. But, I have yet to see a thread on facts or the exchange of information. Most just turn into flames back and forth and preaching going on. I got caught up in it myself and have tried to avoid them.

Another set of haters appear to be the E63 fans (which is fine) that want to play the "you are jealous of my new ride" game.

The last set of haters just hate change and want to trash the E63 to no end.

Then, there are MAYBE 10 folks that just love the AMG E-class and are interested in all of the subtle AND dramatic differences in them all. I include Derek and VRUS in this group just to be clear. Yes, they are experiencing some MAJOR issues, but they are just posting the truth about it. That is not hating IMO.

Personally, i don't know which group I fall in. I am not a fan of the E63 over my E55, but I do think it is an amazing car. I am also interested in all of the new changes going on at AMG. I'm sure I'll be the first in line to get a new Twin Turbo when it is out.

Oh well, just venting some. I'm sure all of this crud will pass and we can get back to finding new ways to make our cars faster and more unique.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I agree with a lot of what you said, and from a member perpective and a moderator perspective it'd be nice if we could get less subjective opinions and more facts and statistics. More E63 owners lining up against E55 owners and seeing what number they get
I am not a fan of the E63 over my E55, but I do think it is an amazing car.
I think we need to look at the car cynically and objectively. If the car isn't quicker than the E55, than why get it? Why get an AMG which is supposed to be the top of the line, when it's not faster than the previous generation? Of course that's just from details that have been posted so far, so take that comment with a grain of salt.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Meh. We've already kicked BMW's ***.

Now we're bored. So a civil war is suitable. After that's done, then E55 owners will start killing each other (i.e. K4 vs k2 cars).
Old 09-10-2006, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Yeah, you people with a lot of money are always arguing over who has the best, most expensive stuff so it was bound to happen!!!

As for me, I love anything with an AMG badge on it.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
I have only had 2 AMG cars in my life. a 2001 CLK55 that ran 13.05 at 108.67 mph with just drag radials... and now a 2005 E55K I bought for my wife as a daily driver..

Guys, I have been on many Corvette Forums and they also bicker... with just a few posters really adding to the information pot.

I'd like to see set up a AMG track day on the East Coast at Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ. Where we can kick the tires and light the fires on all the different AMG models......

MachC5

Last edited by MACHC5; 09-10-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
I'm not leaning towards any of the groups described by Jangy, I'm just a car nut who happens to love all the fast, rare, exotic vehicles, be it a Japanese, European, or Domestic.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
I've been to busy to post because i'm doing a whole house remodle my life sucks!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:38 AM
Almost a Member!

I know exactly what you mean, jangy. I have neither an E55 nor an E63, but I admire and respect both those fine cars for what they are. They're two completely different beasts, and easily suit different types of driving styles and different types of drivers. Myself, if I could get a new (yeah, not a lot of them left) 2006 E55 and a 2007 E63, I'd be very pleased. Unfortunately, that's not possible right now, but if I could, I would.

Why? Once again, they're two completely different beasts.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:40 AM

CLS63 AMG
I totally agree with Jangy. Ever since the E63 has come out, I think there too many people bagging on the E63. It makes people sound like they are so jealous. I love my E55, but I wouldn't never make anybody feel bad about somebody wanting to step up to the latest AMG model. I think all this bashing is making the people on the board look immature.

E55 - pure awsome
E63 - the next generation of the best 4-door sedan - stepping stone to:
E63TT - someday everybody's dream
Old 09-10-2006, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i think it has nothing to do with hating...just a lot of vocal disapproval of some very real events that have taken place recently.

we all know about the reflash so i don't need to get into that.

a LOT of people are or were ready to step "up" to an e63 from their e55 but so far have been thoroughly disappointed and are now venting (as well they should). imagine how it must feel...all excited about a new car only to find out that your old one is better (at least when it comes to the featured attraction).

if the 63 had proven or proves to be what was advertised i doubt you would or will see more than a very small minority having anything bad to say about it.

so is the turn this forum has taken recently really our fault? i don't think so and i don't think we deserve any blame for stepping up to speak our minds. and as frustrating as some things may be right now, it doesn't mean we aren't 100% appreciative to belong to this exclusive family.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i think it has nothing to do with hating...just a lot of vocal disapproval of some very real events that have taken place recently.

a LOT of people are or were ready to step "up" to an e63 from their e55 but so far have been thoroughly disappointed and are now venting (as well they should). imagine how it must feel...all excited about a new car only to find out that your old one is better (at least when it comes to the featured attraction).

if the 63 had proven or proves to be what was advertised i doubt you would or will see more than a very small minority having anything bad to say about it.

so is the turn this forum has taken recently really our fault? i don't think so and i don't think we deserve any blame for stepping up to speak our minds. and as frustrating as some things may be right now, it doesn't mean we aren't 100% appreciative to belong to this exclusive family.
I'm not blaming you in any way. The ECU "thing" has been a major one. Again, disclaimer that I am not blaming those that feel they need to vent. But, even in that case, where are the facts? What is the status? Just that some tuned cars are piased and blame MB? What does that mean. I'm not asking everyone to love the brand. Just aim the hate in the right direction.

It just muddys the water, that's all. Just for the record, I hope everyone gets their cars the way they like em, including those that I have disagreed with the most (like Ted). I can understand we get frustrated, but I'd like to help eachother move one.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
I think the E63 vs. E55K thing maybe as simple as "people resisting change"

It basically happens anytime... that someone has to leave their comfort zone...(E55K)....
Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Originally Posted by MACHC5
I think the E63 vs. E55K thing maybe as simple as "people resisting change"

It basically happens anytime... that someone has to leave their comfort zone...(E55K)....

Well put...E55 drivers just love their car. FWIW I learned a ton around here in the past couple months from everyone. And at every website like this there are always a handful of people that really put out the important information and technical stuff. My hat is off to those people.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:24 AM

04 CL600
Jangy,
I agree with you. I had a thread "Is the sky falling?" a while ago. I haven't been reading this forum for some time now because I noticed the same things. I used this forum to get the information and help to modify my w210 with painted calipers, Porterfield pads, improved airfilter, cool radar detector mod and some other things. Now there is less info-especially with w210's- and more complaining. Maybe just I sign of the time.
T-boy
Old 09-10-2006, 12:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Depends on the weather
The 06' E55 I am driving daily is my first amg.I was attracted to it because of the monster amount of torque it develops.I could've easily held off a few months and waited for the E63,but I never had any interest in it.

The only MB I really ever considered was the E55,so that must make me an enthusiast.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Jangy,
Do you need a hug?

I have a 210 and love it. It has been the most reliable car I have ever owned! The 210 threads have never been hot on this board.

As for blaming MB I agree that is a waste of time and energy. They are no different that any other car co. As for the tuners and MB that is not our beef and none of our business. You cant really expect a tuner to come on this board and give facts on the issues they are facing. It would really put them at risk, legally and financially. As you have told me before MB reads these boards, and who would put stuff up on a board for anyone to read. That stuff is better dealt with in private and none of our business. I have always stuck up for MB and said that the issues all of us face with mods are not their fault. You play you pay kind of thing.

As for the comment made to Mike I disagree. There is a group of us that lost 60-75HP post flash. I have never come out with that number so there you go Jangy. We all have dyno proof and it is well documented!!!! After the reinstall I got back most of my HP, but I am still missing about 10-15HP. The funny thing is that a few others are missing the same amount after the original ECU was put back in. Because MB reads this board we are all afraid to post stuff about this issue. Can you blame us? 10-15 HP is minor in the scope of things so I let it go. Plus I didn't want to start a witch hunt by posting this info. Some of the cars were not effected in the same way. MB was very accommodating to me and I am very happy with them. It really boils down to civil communication.

The E63 hater thing is stupid. The beauty of life is choice.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280
Originally Posted by MACHC5
I have only had 2 AMG cars in my life. a 2001 CLK55 that ran 13.05 at 108.67 mph with just drag radials... and now a 2005 E55K I bought for my wife as a daily driver..

Guys, I have been on many Corvette Forums and they also bicker... with just a few posters really adding to the information pot.

I'd like to see set up a AMG track day on the East Coast at Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ. Where we can kick he tires and light the fires on all the different AMG models......

MachC5

DUDE!!

IVE SEEN YOUR WIFE DRIVING IT AROUND I THINK. Is it black? i was so shocked, when i saw it because a woman was driving it. Do you have a son too? cause i think i saw her at a sams club and on 34 once. totally weird that youd be on here
Old 09-10-2006, 01:52 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs up Bullseye! Your right on Mike!

Originally Posted by chiromikey

Ifor one that decided to get another E55 was disapointed in the E63 but made no disparaging remarks about it. I am glad I decided on another E55 versus the E63 that I had on order and decided to cancel. As I've said in the past I think the E63 will be a great car but it was not for me. Best of luck to all E63 owners!

Your right on Mike! for me the E63 was not what I wanted and I decided to get another E55 and am happy with that decision period. As I said in previous posts the E63 will probably be a great car but just not for me. Good luck to all E63 buyers!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:19 PM

2006 cls55 amg 2008 GL550 2011 audi R8 V10
LOL- you want to se a forum with more problems with their cars and mods etc... just look at the cts-v forum @ cadillacowners.com
that is why i bought a MB and traded my american crap box !
-Marc
Old 09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Please let there be peace amongst our AMG brothers. Let the Normally Aspirated and Forced Induction War end with minimal casualties. I look for a day where once again W210 E55's, W211 E55's and W211 E63's can meet and drink and celebrate victories and conquests. Do we need to go to car therapists? Let there be love.... can't we all just get along?

Angela please give Jangy that hug he needs.

Just kidding Jangy- what you didnt mention is that amongst all this passion and debate is that the members still are able, for the most part, to show respect for others and debate in a civil manner. We have a great group of members here. This forum would be so below average without the passion of the members.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

AMGs
Why cant we all get along in the AMG family???
Old 09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I just got home from a 700 + mile road trip in the E55 and I am still bamboozled by what an awesome tool this car is to make miles disappear on the highway. It's beyond words to me the feeling I get cruising the beast, every minute behind the wheel is nirvana. Nothing like punching a hole in traffic & lettin er rip, I found myself giggling more than a few times in the last 48 hours. I am a proud to be an owner of such a fine car and I consider it a privilege to be in the company of a great group of people here on the forums. Much love to all my MB peeps!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W220 M113K
Originally Posted by Glassjaw
Yeah, you people with a lot of money are always arguing over who has the best, most expensive stuff so it was bound to happen!!!

As for me, I love anything with an AMG badge on it.
i agree AMGs are the best
Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by Torquey55
I just got home from a 700 + mile road trip in the E55 and I am still bamboozled by what an awesome tool this car is to make miles disappear on the highway. It's beyond words to me the feeling I get cruising the beast, every minute behind the wheel is nirvana. Nothing like punching a hole in traffic & lettin er rip, I found myself giggling more than a few times in the last 48 hours. I am a proud to be an owner of such a fine car and I consider it a privilege to be in the company of a great group of people here on the forums. Much love to all my MB peeps!
I don't get to drive my car very often (still has about 3K miles on the car and almost had the car for a year). However, every time I drive my car, I can't help but smile from ear to ear. It's just pure fun to drive the beast. To basically rip every car out on the Mass Turnpike is just exhilarating. I'm sure the 63 is just as fun if not better. Let's just get along, brothers. I'm sure the M5 owners are really laughing at us on this one
Old 09-10-2006, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
I'm not leaning towards any of the groups described by Jangy, I'm just a car nut who happens to love all the fast, rare, exotic vehicles, be it a Japanese, European, or Domestic.

im with u on that 1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What happenned to the E55 unity?