Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 stats!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 stats!!

First of all, I do not know how reliable of a source this is.... but, I searched uk.yahoo.com for info about the E63 and came to a website http://www.letstorquebhp.com/rwd.asp?sort=Make

Newly listed is the 2006 E63 AMG: 0-60 time of 4.27s, 0-100 time of 8.73s, 1/4 mile time of 12.36s @118.99 mph...
Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
2006 E63?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
i think they use a calculation to calculate theoritical times based off car specs.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:14 PM

2009 SL63 AMG, sliver
Originally Posted by amgme
i think they use a calculation to calculate theoritical times based off car specs.
They state on the home page that all of the times are calculated.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:30 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by pterion
They state on the home page that all of the times are calculated.
that 4.27s for 0-60 looks pretty familiar with what amg claims (4.3). maybe they got lazy and calculated their times using a calculator... j/k.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:15 PM

E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
I read with great interest regarding the times that was posted. I called Mercedes and spoke with a tech..Robert Dashel. He did admit that the 63 does not have the initial thrust of the 55, however, he felt that it should do better ALOT better than what Derek has posted. His comment was that the 63 should be somewhere around no higher than the mid 12's. He said that if it was him, he would take the vehicle back to the dealership and have them look at it. He did also admit that during the recent AMG days in Jersey, they took the 55 and the 63 to the track and the majority of times the 63 won, but there were some runs that the 55 won.He went on to say the the overall experience of the 63 vs the 55 is a no brainer. The 63 is a better car OVERALL. He did also admit the the thrust of the 55 could not be matched by the NA 63 off the line, but as the rpm's rose the 63 should have been able to get the 55 on the top end. Bottom line to all this....I don't know except that I think that Derek's car might have had problems, but until the time trials begin, this is only speculation. The tech also said that the 63's are not fitted with any limiter.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
I read with great interest regarding the times that was posted. I called Mercedes and spoke with a tech..Robert Dashel. He did admit that the 63 does not have the initial thrust of the 55, however, he felt that it should do better ALOT better than what Derek has posted. His comment was that the 63 should be somewhere around no higher than the mid 12's. He said that if it was him, he would take the vehicle back to the dealership and have them look at it. He did also admit that during the recent AMG days in Jersey, they took the 55 and the 63 to the track and the majority of times the 63 won, but there were some runs that the 55 won.He went on to say the the overall experience of the 63 vs the 55 is a no brainer. The 63 is a better car OVERALL. He did also admit the the thrust of the 55 could not be matched by the NA 63 off the line, but as the rpm's rose the 63 should have been able to get the 55 on the top end. Bottom line to all this....I don't know except that I think that Derek's car might have had problems, but until the time trials begin, this is only speculation. The tech also said that the 63's are not fitted with any limiter.

.........perfectly willing to agree that there may be something wrong with Derek's car. However, adding to the confusion are the absolutely fantastic acceleration figures that have been released for E63. Figures that we now know came from somebody's calculator. Derek is the only one we know that has taken the car to a drag strip and obtained actual real numbers. He rembered to forget his calculator at home and just gave us plain real numbers. Anyone that thinks the E63 is faster is free to do the same including the tech you speak of. We will embrace those numbers just as much as we embrace Derek's. Fron now on no more calculators!!!

Ted
Old 09-13-2006, 10:58 PM

E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
This is true.............Derek told it like it is...and we respect that!!

On with the race............!!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
This is true.............Derek told it like it is...and we respect that!!

On with the race............!!
Dang! I guess the pressure is really on me (and my car) tommorow. I better go on a diet (I'm currently 235..some laxative and a quick diet should get me down a few pounds), fill the tires with helium, remove the spare tire, windshield wipers, floor mats, owners manual, windshield washer fluid, extra headrests, cds, breath mints, etc.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Originally Posted by E63AMG
Dang! I guess the pressure is really on me (and my car) tommorow. I better go on a diet (I'm currently 235..some laxative and a quick diet should get me down a few pounds), fill the tires with helium, remove the spare tire, windshield wipers, floor mats, owners manual, windshield washer fluid, extra headrests, cds, breath mints, etc.
If you lose they're going to tie you to the hood of an E55 and stick the 63 badge from the side of your car onto your forehead and parade you around town.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:13 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
by the way, how many mile do you have one your car so far. hopefully enough cuz we don't want to hear comments like "the car still needs to be broken-in"
Old 09-14-2006, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

None of that! At least not until after the first run. I'm 230 so you can only drop 5lbs! I would drop the rear air pressure a bit, maybe low 20's? I never did air pressure on the street tires so I'm not sure. You can also jack the front tires up to 48psi for a bit less resistance.

I actually thought about coming out, sounds like it's going to be an AWESOME event.