Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer ECU Reflash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
There's no such thing as post ECU K2 car that hasn't then been reworked by Kleemann with the new K2 program DESIGNED for the post ECU flashed cars.

At least there shouldn't be. Cory told me K2 cars will run like hell after the flash if you try and get on it, and to not push the car... get it home, then send the ECU to them, so they can put the new K2 program on them. I drove all of 5 miles with the ECU flash in its stock form, and did not push it.

Now, I'm one of those unlucky guys... and there were only a few of us... who could not use the new K2 program. Our superchargers would not function after Kleemann modified the post ECU flashed program. So, they rolled us back to our pre-ECU flashed states (yes, its easy to roll back to pre ECU flash if you actually made a copy of it before hand). That's where I've been sitting... and one of the reasons we speculated that my K2 was slower than Dragon's K2 setup... he had the new and improved K2 program.

As a side note, the new K2 program that works only with the post ECU flashed units adds some power to the mix...

I just got this program back, and they figured out how to get around the super charger issue. So, I am now officially post MB ECU recall flash and using the new K2 program the works with it... like Dragon.

And yes, it is faster than before. Here are my codes, hope this helps:

I/C S/W 3104
version 0088
I/C H/W 3404

Loren
Old 09-21-2006, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by waxking1
What about ordering a spare ECU? I know I read in another thread about each ECU being married to their car and that ECU not working in another car.
I'm sure their are legitimate reasons sometimes for having to get a new ECU so I would think if you ordered one then they would have to sell it to you.
You could use it when going in for service to be sure the reflash is not done to the original.
...........you could do that or you could simply refuse the reflash. This has become comical..........people figuring out creative ways to avoid the recall ECU flash except simply saying, no. You would think an AMG owner would have the ***** to say no,but you'll be wrong. Our forum is full of paper tigers.Very interesting. I hope people from the M5 or Corvette forum are not reading this thread.

Ted
Old 09-21-2006, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
software

I've said this over and over and its one of the reason's I chose to go with Renntech. Software is super important in today's cars..

I am not saying mercedes gives the code to renntech ... but I will say renntech has MUCH better resources regarding software and code. This has been proven by all the software issues Kleemann customers have shown on this board.

How many Renntech customers do you see talking about this?

Flame suit ON!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:41 PM

CL65
I think you are right about Renntech but this is just a newcomers opinion so it doesn't carry much weight. I read in another thread about someone saying no but they did the reflash anyway. I would guess that Mercedes could possibly deny warranty service unless you agreed to the reflash also, although I'm not sure about this either.

I would have no qualms about telling them not to reflash my ECU but this does not guarantee me that they won't do it anyway. I probably won't do any mods on my car before next year anyway and by then this will probably all be sorted out one way or another.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:46 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........ok. you win. E55 k2's don't consistently run in the 11's. All those times on dragtimes.com were manufactured. No problem. this really has nothing to do with conspiracy. Post flash Mb's run slower trapspeeds. That information is either factual or not factual. The conspiracy if it exists only has to do with motive. I don't know if there is a conspiracy, but I do know that E55's are running slower post flash. You were unable to state one single benefit from the flash. You response was........well Daddy knows best. I'll just do what Daddy says. By the way, I think Dragon's car ran very well. Had very high trapspeed.........because he had his ECu reprogrammed By Kleemann after the flash. Here are 25 11 sec runs from dragtimes.com since you are unfamiliar with E55's running in the 11's. I don't expect you to change your mind, but here is the info you are unfamiliar with. Enjoy!http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html

Ted
Ted:
I've been very interested watching this whole debate about 11 sec. runs.
In studynig the dragtimes, one thing is for certain...For ALL the 11 sec. runs, the temps are always in the 60 degrees OR LOWER! Once you start to get in the realm of 70+ degrees and higher, the times are almost ALWAYS in the 12's.
I'm going to be interested to see if "re-flashed" cars can put down good #'s at the track in colder weather.
BTW - Kudos to "Dragon AMG" as 12.01 @ 119 is a GREAT time for almost 80 degrees and a bad track!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by SLK55R

Flame suit ON!
no flames, but i think the reason you don't see many renntech owners talking about this compared to kleemann or evosport owners is because there aren't many w211 e55 renntech owners even on this board.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:27 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by SLK55R
I've said this over and over and its one of the reason's I chose to go with Renntech. Software is super important in today's cars..

I am not saying mercedes gives the code to renntech ... but I will say renntech has MUCH better resources regarding software and code. This has been proven by all the software issues Kleemann customers have shown on this board.

Flame suit ON!
Making this a Kleemann v Renntech thing would be silly.

What part of "few of us" did you not understand? Besides me, how many K2 owners do you see on here posting about these problems, which were resolved anyway?

Most everyone breezed through it like Rock, Dragon, etc.

That was a pretty weak swing if you're looking for flame. Here's a Bic lighter for yah.

Last edited by FlyByNight; 09-22-2006 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Originally Posted by Loren
There's no such thing as post ECU K2 car that hasn't then been reworked by Kleemann with the new K2 program DESIGNED for the post ECU flashed cars.

At least there shouldn't be. Cory told me K2 cars will run like hell after the flash if you try and get on it, and to not push the car... get it home, then send the ECU to them, so they can put the new K2 program on them. I drove all of 5 miles with the ECU flash in its stock form, and did not push it.

Now, I'm one of those unlucky guys... and there were only a few of us... who could not use the new K2 program. Our superchargers would not function after Kleemann modified the post ECU flashed program. So, they rolled us back to our pre-ECU flashed states (yes, its easy to roll back to pre ECU flash if you actually made a copy of it before hand). That's where I've been sitting... and one of the reasons we speculated that my K2 was slower than Dragon's K2 setup... he had the new and improved K2 program.

As a side note, the new K2 program that works only with the post ECU flashed units adds some power to the mix...

I just got this program back, and they figured out how to get around the super charger issue. So, I am now officially post MB ECU recall flash and using the new K2 program the works with it... like Dragon.

And yes, it is faster than before. Here are my codes, hope this helps:

I/C S/W 3104
version 0088
I/C H/W 3404

Loren
Loren,
Happy to hear you got it back faster. Just curious is it faster per dyno numbers? I know a few of you guys had issues, and I knew Cory would get it done. Congrats.

This is my take on it guys...I have the dyno proof, Mike does and so do about 20+ other members. I will tell you without a doubt that if you call all the tuners they will confirm what we have been telling you for months. The tuner can fix it as long as they have your copy on file. If not they have to create one like they did for me. It is hard to believe that 20+ members have lost HP, had load limit issues, all the tuners effected by this issue and we still have people in doubt.

I guess my question is this.....why are people still asking if this is an issue? Yes it is! I think it is wierd that some of the cars are not effected? I can't explain that one, and perhaps that is what is causing the doubt.

I would post my dyno's if I thought that would help, but what would you guys do with it? Even if we all posted our dyno's what is going to be done about it? I don't know about you guys, but there is a fix for the problem, and I don't have the time, money or energy to waste on this. Who would be the one to take the time, money and energy to deal with it? I agree more with Derek's approach. MB is too big to take on as a class action, and it would take years to resolve. I only keep my cars two years on the average and that is too long for me. The beauty in life is choice!

1. We have had enough people to biatch about it to know that it is real.
2. The tuners will admit that it is real.
3. Have your ECU saved before the reflash and then flash it back.
4. If you had it done already and you don't have problems.
5. If you had it done and have problems, contact a tuner.
6. Do nothing and enjoy your still plenty fast beast.
7. **** or get off the pot and file a suit.
8. Do what Derek did and trade the damn thing in.

It's pointless to keep talking about the reflash and Derek's E63 and ther other E63. Everyone has a right to be pissed. Trust me I was after spending the money I did. I fixed my beast and so can you.

I can promise you that MB will never admit to anything in writing unless someone files a class action. Remember class actions take two years or longer. So like I said why post the dyno's? The 63 guys are the ones that are screwed if they dyno the car and are unhappy. They should handle it the correct way which is not on these boards. I can also tell you guys that I have thought this thru and I agree with Jangy. First of all where do you find an attorney that can handle this case? Forget all the conspiricy stuff, because that will not be allowed in court. MB can dismiss our claims even with dyno's. They can prove the pump issue with past service records. Then you throw in the members with mods and that is another can of worms. Are any of you willing to take that long road to find out? If they are smart they should focus on 2008.

Last edited by BENZGal; 09-22-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:59 AM

E55
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
...........you could do that or you could simply refuse the reflash. This has become comical..........people figuring out creative ways to avoid the recall ECU flash except simply saying, no. You would think an AMG owner would have the ***** to say no,but you'll be wrong. Our forum is full of paper tigers.Very interesting. I hope people from the M5 or Corvette forum are not reading this thread.

Ted
Agreed.

Just tell the service advisor that you, the owner, decline that specific service then he will write it in the service request. I told the SA and the shop foreman, who worked on my car, and they straight up told me that of couse I can decline since it is my car. And that I can do anything I want with my own car. Granted, Hammer_Down introduced me to them and his the man at this dealership and they were really friendly.

If this is only for the air pump, which normally for other car is related to heating the cat up faster and sooner, I don't really care about this. On my other cars, I actually pulled out the air pump. So until it gets figure out completely if the reflash does any good or prevent something bad from happenning, I'm not going to do it.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
I've been reading these very long, and sometimes tedious, threads and I'm still not sure if this "effect" of the reflash affects unmodded cars or just the modded (?Kleeman) cars?
Does anyone with a stock car have proof that they have lost kW (hp)?
Is it possible this is a USA localised problem to do with emissions compliance etc etc?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by OzE55
I've been reading these very long, and sometimes tedious, threads and I'm still not sure if this "effect" of the reflash affects unmodded cars or just the modded (?Kleeman) cars?
Does anyone with a stock car have proof that they have lost kW (hp)?
Is it possible this is a USA localised problem to do with emissions compliance etc etc?
has nothing to do with emissions. my car was stock and i lost dyno verified hp.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
has nothing to do with emissions. my car was stock and i lost dyno verified hp.
Thank-you for verification.
Did that specific recall/flash/service have a specific name or code so I can ask my dealer if it has been done?
How did you have it reversed? Obviously I dont have a "copy" of the original software.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2006, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing
Interesting thread.

I'm new here and just had a ride in my friend's new 06 E55. Very impressive car.

Thought about replacing my Lexus with an 03-04 E55 but I'm going to have to ponder all this reflash info before making a decision as I'm just learning about these cars.

Thanks;

Pat

Hey Pat, are you from Z06vette.com? I use the same screen name over there. Either way, welcome

Originally Posted by Kens-E55
Ted:
In studynig the dragtimes, one thing is for certain...For ALL the 11 sec. runs, the temps are always in the 60 degrees OR LOWER! Once you start to get in the realm of 70+ degrees and higher, the times are almost ALWAYS in the 12's.
I'm going to be interested to see if "re-flashed" cars can put down good #'s at the track in colder weather.

That's exactly what I said
Old 09-22-2006, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by WayneE
Hey Pat, are you from Z06vette.com? I use the same screen name over there. Either way, welcome
Yes Sir;

After stepping down from the Mod position I have more time to surf and was really impressed with my friends E55 yesterday. I need to to hang out here and learn.

Pat
Old 09-22-2006, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Don't be freaked out about the flash issue.

There's a lot of info on here, from appearance to power mods. Even with the arguments, it's a good group of owners on here.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by OzE55
Thank-you for verification.
Did that specific recall/flash/service have a specific name or code so I can ask my dealer if it has been done?
How did you have it reversed? Obviously I dont have a "copy" of the original software.

Thanks
i didn't have it reversed and i'm still missing a few hp. i did get my ecu replaced which is what gave me back most of my hp and appeared to have removed the load limiter. you can search my history and find the post.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:45 AM

05 E55
Originally Posted by BENZGal
Loren,
Happy to hear you got it back faster. Just curious is it faster per dyno numbers? I know a few of you guys had issues, and I knew Cory would get it done. Congrats.
I have yet to have it dyno'd... do you know of a good place in the valley?

Loren
Old 09-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Kens-E55
Ted:
BTW - Kudos to "Dragon AMG" as 12.01 @ 119 is a GREAT time for almost 80 degrees and a bad track!
Ken,

This was my run in July after the MB/K2 re-flash. The temps were in the 80s and humid. The run was with street tires/ normal pressure, TC on, mash throttle:

Results......11.9@ 121mph

Sorry, I never posted this run on Dragtimes. I will now.

Loren: Glad to see your car is now "scary fast."

Last edited by Rock; 09-23-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by Rock
Ken,

This was my run in July after the MB/K2 re-flash. The temps were in the 80s and humid. The run was with street tires/ normal pressure, TC on, mash throttle:

Results......11.9@ 121mph

Sorry, I never posted this run on Dragtimes. I will now.

Is Dragway 42 in Ohio in West Salem? If so, weather history says it was 68 degrees and humid at 8:53pm.

BTW, what were you racing against? 19@73?!?!? WTF
Old 09-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by WayneE
Is Dragway 42 in Ohio in West Salem? If so, weather history says it was 68 degrees and humid at 8:53pm.

BTW, what were you racing against? 19@73?!?!? WTF
Damn Wayne!! Busting my chops this early in the morning......and to think I was going to ask you for some drag racing pointers.

Okay, I checked National Climatic Data Center and they list temps in the high 70s (I know, I should have checked before I polluted this site with one more piece of misinformation). I do remember a warm sticky night.

As far as the lane next to me. It was a sprinter from the local high school warming up for his school's track season.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
Had all the Re-flash's done on my Bone Stock 2005 E55. I noticed NO lose in power whatsoever. Drive into my dealer and home the same day.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Damn Wayne!! Busting my chops this early in the morning......and to think I was going to ask you for some drag racing pointers.

Okay, I checked National Climatic Data Center and they list temps in the high 70s (I know, I should have checked before I polluted this site with one more piece of misinformation). I do remember a warm sticky night.

hehe, just trying to keep everyone on the same page, Rock It was definately humid, as the weather data I have says 73%. Just not as warm as you initially mentioned.

edit - here is the link to the historical weather for that day. From your timeslip, it lists your pass at 8:48pm and on that chart for the daily temps it lists 68 degrees at 8:53pm.

As far as the lane next to me. It was a sprinter from the local high school warming up for his school's track season.

Cool, I thought it was an M5.

Last edited by WayneE; 09-23-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
That's great Wayne but Wooster is not West Salem and those are not temperatures at the track. Temps were in the 80s on that day (looking at the surrounding weather station's records). It was not in the 60s at the track on that evening.

If it will make you feel better I will return to the track when the Wooster station says it is 80 degrees and make another run for you.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Sorry Rock, didn't mean it to come off that way. I'm not doubting your run at all, just wanted to check the exact weather conditions.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
It's all good Wayne. I know your just tryin to keep a brotha honest.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer ECU Reflash