Sponsored by:

Jangy commits to HREs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jangy
I guess I'll get a good look at the when I go in for my test fit. Other than looks, does how the tire get mounted matter? Does the reverse mean the tire will be mounted from the back face?
Good question. I remember someone talking about this but I wasn't paying much attention. I want to say yes but either someone else on here will confirm or I'll find out for you.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Good question. I remember someone talking about this but I wasn't paying much attention. I want to say yes but either someone else on here will confirm or I'll find out for you.
Why do you guys think the lip has anything to do with how the tire is mounted?
Old 09-23-2006, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Come on Neal. I know you know the answer.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I'm just curious what the effects of the lip are. Cosmetics is my last priority, so if there are other aspects to consider first, I'd rather focus on them. If it makes no difference which way the tire is mounted, or how the wheel performs, then I'll go with best look.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
just make sure you go to a shop that has a "touchless" machine. The only one I know if Orange County is Shoreline Motoring in HB. Thats the only place I let touch my HRE's. I think they're mounted face down so that they dont get scratched. Im sure HRE can recommend someone in SD
Old 09-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by psk145
just make sure you go to a shop that has a "touchless" machine. The only one I know if Orange County is Shoreline Motoring in HB. Thats the only place I let touch my HRE's. I think they're mounted face down so that they dont get scratched. Im sure HRE can recommend someone in SD

They can and I have that, I was just wondering if the configuration of the lip made any impact other than cosmetics, and I think they do. Mounting the tire from the back side obviously remedied the possibility of the face getting scratched.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jeez all, I'm pissed. Finally got a response from my tuner saying he was trying to get my refund (as requested in my previous email). Looks like I'll be getting my $$ and looking elsewhere.

As Benzgal said a while back we build a relationship with the tuners and this one just hasn't worked out.

Hehe, i guess I have a surprise for R when he gets back from Hawaii. Maybe it is time to open up a "hobby" shop in SD that does things to my level of expectation.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
Jangy what happened...couldn't they be made for you ?
Old 11-16-2006, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Maybe it is time to open up a "hobby" shop in SD that does things to my level of expectation.
Yeah I've thought the same damn thing ... lucky for me I have Adam up here.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I think it is a combination of things. One, yes I do think they bit off more than they could chew and weren't sure if they could deliver. Second, I'm demanding and my recent posts have reflected what my expectations were (eventhough I have had the same design parameters from day 1).

In the end, it is better to settle it now, before I sink $20k into the shop and end up unhappy. My expectations are just too high for them. My only experience with tuners has been Dinan from my BMW 3 series days. They really spoiled me with their level of professionalism, thechnical know-how, and customer service. I just haven't found anyone at tht level for me. At first, I hoped EVOSport was going to be that for me in SoCal. Actually, that is brought me to this forum. But, that just didn't happen. In hindsight, it was probably my "style", but oh well....I am who I am.

I'll look back into things and decide if I want HREs. For now, I'm more concerned about finding a source than just wheels. I may see if RENNTech will come through. If so, I will likely just go all out and get rims and engine stuff. Either way, i want to figure out who my tuner will be. I'm at the point where the car is ready for lots of work and I want to be happy with the process as much as the outcome. That is what keeps leading me back to considering openning my own shop. I have the money that sales aren't an issue. It would be more of a hobby and I'd be satisfied if it ends up just paying the bills. I've also found enough great people on this board to collaborate with AND I love AMG. We'll see what Jangy's future holds.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Whatever you do, I want in somehow.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by vraa
Whatever you do, I want in somehow.

Thanks bro, I'm sure it will be fun. I think we need to base much of the R&D on the racing curcuit.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Banned

AMGs
Jeez all, I'm pissed. Finally got a response from my tuner saying he was trying to get my refund (as requested in my previous email). Looks like I'll be getting my $$ and looking elsewhere.

As Benzgal said a while back we build a relationship with the tuners and this one just hasn't worked out.

Hehe, i guess I have a surprise for R when he gets back from Hawaii. Maybe it is time to open up a "hobby" shop in SD that does things to my level of expectation.
Jangy,

Sorry it didnt work out bro... What happened? What's the story?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I think it is a combination of things. One, yes I do think they bit off more than they could chew and weren't sure if they could deliver. Second, I'm demanding and my recent posts have reflected what my expectations were (eventhough I have had the same design parameters from day 1).

In the end, it is better to settle it now, before I sink $20k into the shop and end up unhappy. My expectations are just too high for them. My only experience with tuners has been Dinan from my BMW 3 series days. They really spoiled me with their level of professionalism, thechnical know-how, and customer service. I just haven't found anyone at tht level for me. At first, I hoped EVOSport was going to be that for me in SoCal. Actually, that is brought me to this forum. But, that just didn't happen. In hindsight, it was probably my "style", but oh well....I am who I am.

I'll look back into things and decide if I want HREs. For now, I'm more concerned about finding a source than just wheels. I may see if RENNTech will come through. If so, I will likely just go all out and get rims and engine stuff. Either way, i want to figure out who my tuner will be. I'm at the point where the car is ready for lots of work and I want to be happy with the process as much as the outcome. That is what keeps leading me back to considering openning my own shop. I have the money that sales aren't an issue. It would be more of a hobby and I'd be satisfied if it ends up just paying the bills. I've also found enough great people on this board to collaborate with AND I love AMG. We'll see what Jangy's future holds.
Damn, that's terrible.

So was it the shop you ordered the wheels from or was it HRE?

Btw, my advice to you is DO NOT OPEN YOUR OWN SHOP! You will be very sorry, trust me!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Sorry to hear about your troubles. You should just have Neal order them for you.

Good customer service in the car biz is so hard to find these days! Neal is wonderful at returning emails and PM's, I say give him the HRE business. He has great customer service skills and actually returns emails and PM's. Great guy!

So sorry Jangster.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Jangy, I communicate with Neal off the board a lot, if you go with him and he doesn't deliver, let me know, I'll ban him or something and kill our friendship.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
If modding cars was a soap opera, Jangy would be the main star

Just get some damn wheels and brakes already ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill send you money via pay pal.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Jangy, I communicate with Neal off the board a lot, if you go with him and he doesn't deliver, let me know, I'll ban him or something and kill our friendship.
I almost fell out of my chair laughin...
Old 11-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Vic55

Ill send you money via pay pal.
That's just WRONG VIC!
Old 11-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
You call that communication?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
You call that communication?
Ill ban Ricky for making a threat like that against your membership. I have no problem taking little Indian boy and cane'ing him publicly on YouTube.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
You guys suck with your support. I was all excited about this deal AND I already paid for most of it up front and all I get is guff (except from Benzgal). Anyhoo, VIC55 go ahead and send me the paypal. All the $$ help.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by Vic55

Ha-Ha, Agreed!! But...............guys like Jangy make this forum interesting.

I don't know what the hell the Jangster is ranting about half the time but he's always good for a bit of drama or at least a good laugh.

Also, I know Jangy says he doesn't drink but sometimes his post are unintelligible while at other times he is articulate, concise and insightful. I actually enjoy the mix.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Rock

I don't know what the hell the Jangster is ranting about half the time but he's always good for a bit of drama or at least a good laugh.

Also, I know Jangy says he doesn't drink but sometimes his post are unintelligible while at other times he is articulate, concise and insightful. I actually enjoy the mix.
Drinking is not all that can do that to you and I never claimed not to...

Bipolar, WHAT!!!>!?!?!?!
Old 11-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rock

Yeah but like I said, its a soap opera that has almost run its course and Jangy will then be doing B movies on spankravision.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jangy commits to HREs