E63 Tires!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 Tires!!!

Hello All,

I wanted to ask all of the new E63 owners how the stock tires are holding up for you... I think they come with Conti Sports 2, please correct if I am wrong. The reason I ask is I'm in the market to pick up a set of the E63 wheels for my 55.. I have PS2's on them and from many owners from this forum rank them one of the best for the stock wheels.

I know the 55's wheels had a lot of shimmy issues with the conti's that came with them. I wanted to find out if you have any shimmy issues at all and if I should replace them with a set of PS2's also. Just wanted to find if that was necessary to go out and buy another set of tires for them...

Thanks for the input and I look forward to hearing from you all.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Keep the PS2's. There are members here who swapped the CSC2's for the
PS2's the day they got their car. The CSC2 is a horrible tire.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
HSH
Almost a Member!

E63 AMG
CS2's came with my 63, soon as my friends saw them, they were like burn these quick so u can change them.. all the hype on the PS2's and i can confirm that they are amazing, excellent grip. This is my experience with the PS2's on my cousins 996Turbo... Plus, Why do u wanna put 63 wheels on ur 55.. Don't peeps usually go for HRE's etc and so bigger size wheels. u wanna go from 18s to 18s. No disrespect, just wanna know what ur plans are.

Good luck

HSH
Old 09-21-2006, 09:35 PM

2006 E55
I totally agree, I just dumped the Conti's after 9000 miles because I couldn't take it anymore. The PS2s are fantastic by comparison. I can't imagine the Conti's being any better on the 63 wheel as it is not a wheel problem. Those tires just suck as far as getting flat spots goes. Even after sitting a short duration the shimmy comes back. E Yuk!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Almost a Member!

hello HSH,

i actually have already considered getting some 20" AVUS MO-2's and this would be my first choice in wheel and tire upgrades. i think that would be the perfect size and look for the 55 but almost every owner on this forum has had a least one problem with bending a rim who has 20's... and i would not do 19's because it's just one size up and on a personal level i love the look of the 20's..

so to answer your question why i would go 18's to 18's... it's just a simple change without the hassle or worry about bending a $5-7 thousand set of wheels.

thanks for your feedback though....
Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 PM

05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
im sure i read somewhere the 63 ran bridgestones RE050's?

looking at page 27 of Mercedes Enthusiast issue 57, in the E63 review, i can clearly see the "GESTON" of BRIDGESTONE, in the wheel/tyre close up shot. Is this something to do with a sports option?

You guys seem to hate the stock conti's on the 55, i personally think they are pretty good! They are still new so i have nothing to compare, and i do feel the soft sidewall, but like the progressiveness and quietness of them. have done quite a few burnouts and some doughnuts and they are still far away from the wear indicator! Whats so bad about them?? what are 'shimmy issues', when handling or off the line?

ok so i just read shimmy due to flatspotting? i dont seem to have this issue unless i leave the car for at least 5 days..
Old 09-22-2006, 12:09 AM

2012 SLS AMG
My E63 is quite comfortable and quiet. Only have 250miles so far. The CSC2's are OK but not the best for grip etc. Had PS2's on my M3 and it made a world of difference from any other tire I tried. Just waiting a little while before I return to PS2. I personally think they are the best tires out there.