I am Dissapointed with AMG!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Unhappy I am Dissapointed with AMG!

Last night the question was posed to Rob Allan - Originally Posted by rooshie

Has amg come up with a reason as to why many e55's have lost 60-75hp directly after the secondary air pump recall and ecu flash and what do they intend to do to restore these cars to spec?

Rob Allan -
I am unaware of any modifications that directly impacts the E55 AMG's standard horsepower. ECU flashing is a pretty standard service procedure and you should contact your dealer if you experience an issue with your own car.

My response:
I love both of my E55's and cannot understand how AMG and MBZ can reflash all of these cars and not know what's going with the loss of power. My previous W211 which I sold to Chiromike was an absolute rocket (totally stock) before the reflash which Chiromike performed expecting honest treatment from his dealer and MBZ. The others who had the flash done have also experienced the same dramatic loss of HP.

My point here is that my current E55 may be my last Mercedes vehicle since there are many options out there and I do not believe the other performance manufacturers would try to pull of something like AMG and Mercedes did with the E55 owners period! Flame me if you want but facts are facts and there is missing horsepower that Rob Allan and MBZ claims ignorance!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Rob dodged most of the tough ones. It was funny that he was able to pick-and-choose the questions he wanted to answer. What was most disturbing to me was that he ignored some of the most important post. All the questions asked were from AMG owners, so I think they all deserved and at least an honest answer.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I'm with you. I was amazed last night as the total BS responses flowed from his keyboard. I know he is in marketing, but he HSA to be aware of what is going on. I nominate him for BS artist of the year. I think it will be extremely difficult for me to buy another MB. Maybe I should let my white beast begin shopping for a new home.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i hear you phil. even though it was exactly what i expected, the q & a was a major disappointment.

mb going to lose (if they haven't started to already) what was loyal base of customers who frequently trade up their amg's. maybe mb just doesn't realize how much they're going to lose if they burn those bridges? these customers have big mouths and will continue to let prospective customers know what's going on.

internet discussions are already making their way into magazine columns, so if mb is thinking we're only preaching to the choir around here, they're making a big mistake.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:57 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
It would have been so much better for MB to fess up rather than to deny or plead ignornace.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:41 PM

2018 E63S,
Even though Im not a "flag waiver" for MBZ or AMG, I think its fairly obvious why there arent blatent written "admissions" on the blog chat last night. There is no way Daimler Chrysler or a representative of their company would admit in writing to any issues and put themselves in a position of liability. Rather I see the chats as a mechanism for owners to voice valid concerns to Mercedes Benz. I think we should applaud AMG for taking the time to converse and seek feedback from their highly specialized customer base. Sure we may get answers that appear to be less than straightforward, but the hope is that they take the questions and concerns back to R&D, marketing, etc and come up with answers to our issues. I hope that the outcome of our feedback is that they take steps to implementing corrective actions whetherthey are willing to admit to any problems publicly not not.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SmokinV10
Even though Im not a "flag waiver" for MBZ or AMG, I think its fairly obvious why there arent blatent written "admissions" on the blog chat last night. There is no way Daimler Chrysler or a representative of their company would admit in writing to any issues and put themselves in a position of liability. Rather I see the chats as a mechanism for owners to voice valid concerns to Mercedes Benz. I think we should applaud AMG for taking the time to converse and seek feedback from their highly specialized customer base. Sure we may get answers that appear to be less than straightforward, but the hope is that they take the questions and concerns back to R&D, marketing, etc and come up with answers to our issues. I hope that the outcome of our feedback is that they take steps to implementing corrective actions whetherthey are willing to admit to any problems publicly not not.
that's our silver lining...i hope.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:24 AM

This is the only way it works.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:31 AM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Unhappy I hope so!

Originally Posted by getbitten
This is the only way it works.
I'd really like to stay with the AMG products!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
At this rate, I'm leaning towards BMW M products (M5 or M6) when the time comes to replace my E55.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55
get ready for the 'dreaded red cog' on the dashboard! either that or the christmas tree dash, or the vanos failure or .....
Old 09-22-2006, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Couldn't have said it better. We're extremely lucky to have the head of AMG North America talk to us, not once but twice!!! I don't think BMW M does that. Whether he anserwerd the questions or not, you can bet that he brought those questions back with him & will most definitely try to find the answers. We should not abuse or take for granted these sessions as they only work to help us.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
I agree...hopefully we get notice of the need to reflash due to a slight issue with the windshield wipers and they pull out the limits they placed.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MiamiE55
Couldn't have said it better. We're extremely lucky to have the head of AMG North America talk to us, not once but twice!!! I don't think BMW M does that. Whether he anserwerd the questions or not, you can bet that he brought those questions back with him & will most definitely try to find the answers. We should not abuse or take for granted these sessions as they only work to help us.
i don't think we're that special. i've been apart of several other discussion forums for many different interests, in and out of the motorsports field, where reps have been at the center of q & a sessions. corperations know that they need to keep up with these types of forums and if anything mb/amg is late to the game. regardless, at least they're here.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
This E55 is my 4th Mercedes and my 2nd AMG vehicle. This whole mess with recall and the poor showing of the 63 engine combined with Mercedes and AMGs total silence on the issues has left me thinking maybe it's time to look elsewhere. The M6 would be a sweet ride.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:21 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

First off I think AMG's website and the owner interaction with AMG management was truly developed more for PR to help MB/AMG than anything else and a verbal affirmation of certain customer concerns reported from the field would have gone a long way vs. acting as if it's all news to them and without them having to admit to any wrong doing; with respect to what happens from here, their actions will speak louder than any words.

Last edited by RJC; 09-22-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Did I nail it or what.....pretty much spot on to what I guess they would say

Rob Allen posted
We are trying to replicate the conditions under which U.S. owners are achieving their results. There are several important factors including fuel type and quality / octane, temperature - both ambient and engine operating, relative humidity and the like. AMG will be testing under a variety of conditions using complete vehicles.
Must've been pretty friggin hot and humid with 72 Octane water gas for these cars to pull rougly 60hp less.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:38 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1

Must've been pretty friggin hot and humid with 72 Octane water gas for these cars to pull rougly 60hp less.
lol...
Old 09-22-2006, 04:34 PM

E63
I really owe a debt of gratitude to this forum. I was looking at an E63, then based on threads on this forum I reoriented myself to E55s--looking at new ones.

Then I saw the conflicting material about flashes and MBs relative indifference to all of these issues and decided to buy a Z06.

Put a few hundred miles on it and it is stupid fast and I like the look. I have owned several MBs but I am getting worried about their quality and their customer service strategy.

My wife's BMW is super and I think I will go with an M6 or one of the new Japanese supercars for my next toy. I have owned several MBs but they now have so many products and they are so arrogant it is daunting.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:03 PM

07 SL550; C32 (sold)
Originally Posted by Cosmic Benz
I really owe a debt of gratitude to this forum. I was looking at an E63, then based on threads on this forum I reoriented myself to E55s--looking at new ones.

Then I saw the conflicting material about flashes and MBs relative indifference to all of these issues and decided to buy a Z06.

Put a few hundred miles on it and it is stupid fast and I like the look. I have owned several MBs but I am getting worried about their quality and their customer service strategy.

My wife's BMW is super and I think I will go with an M6 or one of the new Japanese supercars for my next toy. I have owned several MBs but they now have so many products and they are so arrogant it is daunting.
i'm actually in the same position you were in. wanted to get an e55 or e63 but there's too many unknowns at this point. i began looking at a z06 and boy is that a good looking fast car. how's the ride? is it an everyday car?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:08 PM

E63
Originally Posted by amgme
i'm actually in the same position you were in. wanted to get an e55 or e63 but there's too many unknowns at this point. i began looking at a z06 and boy is that a good looking fast car. how's the ride? is it an everyday car?
Since I am 63 years old, I was concerned about its everyday drivability. I've found it to be comfortable and fun. It puts a smile on your face every time you get in it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of an E55 and I have a long history with MB, but this car is bad to the bone.

When MB gets their act sorted out, I will get an AMG--but until then this is more fun than Six Flags.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
This E55 is my 4th Mercedes and my 2nd AMG vehicle. This whole mess with recall and the poor showing of the 63 engine combined with Mercedes and AMGs total silence on the issues has left me thinking maybe it's time to look elsewhere. The M6 would be a sweet ride.
I agree with you... the M6 is very impressive. I had the opportunity to drive one at length last weekend and that SMG tranny is unreal. It's amazing... feels like your actually driving a stick shift. You actually feel the clutch engage/disengage. And the downsifting... amazing sound as it pops the revs. It's truly a work of art.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 09-22-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:17 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG

Having talked to Rob Allen on several occasions I believe you are exactly right. I think you have to read between the lines and know that AMG is listening and interested in what we are disgruntled with. These guys are major motor heads and will fix things if it is within their power.

I think we need to let cooler heads prevail for now.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:51 PM

E63
Originally Posted by Vetluver

Having talked to Rob Allen on several occasions I believe you are exactly right. I think you have to read between the lines and know that AMG is listening and interested in what we are disgruntled with. These guys are major motor heads and will fix things if it is within their power.

I think we need to let cooler heads prevail for now.
If AMG is listening, why dont they say so? No wonder the auto manufacturers have improved at glacial speed. We have so many folks that are unwilling to go elsewhere if they do not get the service and quality they have paid for.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
The day I lose 60-70hp or learn that I have lost that amount is the day I get a C6Z06, 997TT as a replacement.

I have spent too much $$,$$$.00 time and effort to have a car that has stock power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am Dissapointed with AMG!