I am Dissapointed with AMG!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
I agree with you... the M6 is very impressive. I had the opportunity to drive one at length last weekend and that SMG tranny is unreal. It's amazing... feels like your actually driving a stick shift. You actually feel the clutch engage/disengage. And the downsifting... amazing sound as it pops the revs. It's truly a work of art.
Uh oh, could that have been an expensive drive?! That's what happened to me - Drove an M5 and after getting a taste of red line shifting, good handling, and said **** - I'm 42 years old and never owned a real sports car. Few months later we both had new cars!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:57 AM
MBH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
I had at least 2 reflashes on my BONE STOCK 2005 E55 at my dealer. I did NOT notice ANY lose of power with my car period. When I left the dealer the car felt the same as it did when I brought it in that same morning. I believe that some of the guys on this forum with modified cars got the bad end of the stick when they took their modified cars into the dealer and the dealer reflashed the vehicles based on the MB recall. I have no doubt those guys lost all or most of their performance gains on the reflash and that they are venting at MB over their mistake to have their modified cars serviced at a local dealer. If I even modify my car the last place I am going to take it to is my dealer for service!!!!!!

Last edited by MBH; 09-23-2006 at 12:06 PM.