Sponsored by:

Low Coolant Level???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low Coolant Level???

I've never got this code thrown before . I thought this was taken care of at every service. Last service was only a few months ago and out of the 3 years I've had the car I've never seen this warning. No leak spots in the driveway. Car was parked on a pretty steep upward incline when the warning first came on.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anybody?
Old 09-22-2006, 01:45 PM

2003 CL55 Kompressor Horizon Blue Metallic
I just brought my CL55 in, it needs the upper radiator hose replaced.

I noticed fluid collecting on the lower trays and that the resorvior level was going down. There were no spots on the driveway.

This might also explain why I have been having trouble keeping accessory belts alive (dripping on the belt).

I caught all this before it was bad enough for the low coolant indicator to come on ... and at mile marker 49,9xx (lucky !).

In summary, the lower trays can collect enough volume that you can lose a little fluid every day, have it evaporate, and never see drips or spots on the driveway. So, my recommendation is to have it checked out.

Last edited by mclarenm8d; 09-22-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Awesome. Thank you so much for the help.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:21 PM

E55
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
I've never got this code thrown before . I thought this was taken care of at every service. Last service was only a few months ago and out of the 3 years I've had the car I've never seen this warning. No leak spots in the driveway. Car was parked on a pretty steep upward incline when the warning first came on.
In the beginning it will only appear when you are parked at an incline. Then after a week or two, it will start to show up even on the flat surface. This is with no noticeable leak below or through the tail pipe and no overheating problem. At this point you will get nervous and start to think what if it is a head gasket. This is what happen to me.

I brought it in because I am so used to drag and road racing and is a little afraid of head gasket and such. But when I brought it in, they checked everything and did a pressure check and found nothing wrong. They also believe that it is becuase of evaporation. So they topped it off. They also dropped by fan temp (my request) and they said that this may help as well.

My thing is, if it is really bad, then if I bring it in enough times before my warranty expired, they will fix it.