Sponsored by:

Replaced Conti's with PS2's and.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Replaced Conti's with PS2's and.....

I can't really tell much of a difference. I was having issues with a vibration and/or grinding sensation at low speeds. The shop foreman and I went for a ride and he knew what I was complaining about but thought it was the tires. Just to be sure he pulled the front rotors, repacked and adjusted the bearings and looked at everything - all OK.

So I replaced the 80% worn tires with PS2's hoping for a miracle - still have some low speed vibration and honestly I think the difference in ride etc. is just new rubber versus old worn rubber....
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by corgiman
I can't really tell much of a difference. I was having issues with a vibration and/or grinding sensation at low speeds. The shop foreman and I went for a ride and he knew what I was complaining about but thought it was the tires. Just to be sure he pulled the front rotors, repacked and adjusted the bearings and looked at everything - all OK.

So I replaced the 80% worn tires with PS2's hoping for a miracle - still have some low speed vibration and honestly I think the difference in ride etc. is just new rubber versus old worn rubber....
Not to be rude, but the difference is night and day. You weren't even running the Contis that are comparable to the PS2. You sure you didn't buy the PS?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
They're PS2's. Conti's were OE.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
I have the same problem with my front OE Contis. They are badly cupped and they growl at lower speeds and have a mild vibe/howl at higher speeds. I replaced the bald rears with Nittos, but am undecided on what to use up front.

When I had a larger SUV with 20" wheels, it had a nasty vibe on the highway. I had the wheels/tires balanced on a Hunter Roadforce machine and it solved the problem. You could try that on your PS2s.

Good luck!