Twin Turbo Charge our 55's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by vrus
Anyone have a good connection with someone that specializes in fabricating Turbo manifolds????
yep...you already have his number!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Anyone have a good connection with someone that specializes in fabricating Turbo manifolds????
Call ICS performance in CT. They specialize in custom turbo setups for BMWs and I'm sure they can help out, at the very least point you in the right direction. When you call ask for George (the owner) and tell him Ahmad sent you and he'll take care of you. I can call him if you'd like.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Thanks guys!!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
yep...you already have his number!!!
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Call ICS performance in CT. They specialize in custom turbo setups for BMWs and I'm sure they can help out, at the very least point you in the right direction. When you call ask for George (the owner) and tell him Ahmad sent you and he'll take care of you. I can call him if you'd like.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
I just found this topic in my quest to turbocharge my SRT-6 (M112.960) engine. After reading all the posts I have found some items that have not be discussed yet.

1. On Mohammed's twin charged C32 the supercharger is actually shut off (clutch disengaged) at around 2000RPM. The intake plumbing allows for the turbos to go around the supercharger completely bypassing it all together.

2. The members who keep talking about nixing the supercharger all together. I would like to do this too. But fabricating the intake manifold should be the easiest feat. I was thinking about trimming off the "ears" or runners that are cast into the supercharger housing leaving your factory intercooler setup and factory intake manifold dimensions intact.

3. The concerns about the supercharger clutch and bypass valve if the factory supercharger was to be removed. I have been thinking that there has to be a way to get the Bosch ECU to talk to an electronic boost controller. This would effectively shut off the boost, by opening the wastegate(s) which would in turn behave the same way as disengaging the clutch.

I would really like to see something come of this so any info as to how this could be adapted to the smaller C32 crowd would be greatly appreciated.

When I spoke to a rep at STS he sounded totally excited about my inquiry. He was thinking a modest horspower level per pound of boost would be in the neighborhood of 20HP per lbs of boost. Remember this is for the M112(V6) engine. The C32 without boost was dynoed at 135WHP. I see the math looking something like this, 135 + 17% (drive train loss) = 158 Flywheel HP(Base). The boost on the M112 engine is 14.5 so 20 x 14.5 = 290HP + 158(Base) = 448 horsepower, that is a 100HP increase @ the same boost! A pullied blower is good for approx 4-5 more pounds of boost so 18.5 x 20 = 370 + 158(Base) = 530 Flywheel HP. I'd be plenty happy with that in my Crossfire SRT-6!

Besides all this there are so many damn nay-sayers on the Crossfire forum that say it cannot be done. I just want to prove them wrong.

Last edited by msheredy; 08-14-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 AM

MB
Originally Posted by pas
If you removed the blower fabricated a new intake manifold that had a mount for the supercharger pulley on the front of it and a similar allowance for the bypass valve. Couldn't you just mount the pulley to the new manifold and let the clutch do its thing even though it wouldn't be doing anything. You would be able to keep the same serpentine belt and everything. Would this fool the computer?
I didn't think about this. I could see this working though!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Besides all this there are so many damn nay-sayers on the Crossfire forum that say it cannot be done. I just want to prove them wrong.
05-09-2007 09:09 AM
Why?

Stock C32 kompressor will supporrt close to 500HP (420 RWHP), how much power are you after.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:06 AM

MB
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
Why?
Why are there so many nay sayers, or why do I want to prove them wrong?

I'll answer both. There are so many nay-sayers because they insist that the Bosch ME 2.8.1 ECU simply will not allow for a turbocharger to be installed. They say that the CAN system will freak out as well. Then they try to talk me out of the entire thing by saying that the engine in its stock form is one of the greatest V6s in the world and to leave it alone. Once one guy starts putting down some general knowledge others automatically follow simply because they don't know any better. The funny thing is though when I ask said people for specifics they clam up.

Why would I like to prove them wrong? Why not?

I'm going after 500HP flywheel. Maybe more if it can handle it? It is a daily driver.

This is off topic but do you know or have you tried a vacuum pump for crankcase ventilation? I saw both an AMG and non engine with tons of oil vapors in the intake tract. That makes me think that there might be a lot of pressure building up down there and that creating a negative pressure atmosphere down there (with the vacuum) can actually free up some horses.

Last edited by msheredy; 08-16-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:14 PM

MB
...I will be releasing some more details by Monday or Tuesday... There is some engine related information that I will post about and then you will understand what the roadmap is.
Any updates as of yet?