DerekFSU's E63 Faster Than E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63
DerekFSU's E63 Faster Than E55?

hey Derek, just wondering if this is ur E63 for sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

if it is, it's funny how they have written in the title description "faster than E55"

i guess they didn't see vid of E63 on the drag strip
Old 09-27-2006, 09:38 PM

04 E55
How dare you embarrass derek by even thinking that it's his? (j/k)
Old 09-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Almost a Member!

'07 e63
that car....

Capital euro MB dealer in Tallahassee is asking $93,045. for it. Just another dealer talk'in it up. The only good news is that the "Kraut" that hand built that engine is not the same one that built mine.

D

PS: It probably is, or was, his car since Capital Euro MB is also a BMW dealer....Derek's M6...why he didn't get slammed too hard on the trade...Maybe
Old 09-27-2006, 09:53 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by pilot e63
PS: It probably is, or was, his car since Capital Euro MB is also a BMW dealer....Derek's M6...why he didn't get slammed too hard on the trade...Maybe

Sorry, I meant as in Derek would not say those kind of words when selling his car..

The question projected wrong in my head... I guess he meant if it indeed was his car that he just sold instead of if it's Derek that is selling it...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
The description says it has a split fold rear seat. I don't think it is available in the E63. It is a $310 option on the non-AMG E. Any other discrepancies?
Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 AM

2012 SLS AMG
Split rear fold down seats are actually standard on the E63, at least it is on mine. It's also in the manual as such.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BlkE63AMG
Split rear fold down seats are actually standard on the E63, at least it is on mine. It's also in the manual as such.
Love the sig pic. That's one beautiful car you have there. The 63 wheels look great and black is the way forward.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by jtc55
hey Derek, just wondering if this is ur E63 for sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

if it is, it's funny how they have written in the title description "faster than E55"

i guess they didn't see vid of E63 on the drag strip
I guess it depends how you define "faster". While it is certainly possible that the E55 will ultimately be proven to be faster than the E63 in the 0 - 60 race (Mercedes' one speed claim), I have seen no hard evidence yet that this is true. If you have, please provide your data.

At this time, all we have to go on in the 0-60 are some anecdotes (some mine) and the quotes by Mercedes that the E63 is probably faster 0 - 60.

While I suspect the E55 is faster stock vs stock in the 1/4 mile, this too has not really been confirmed.

Regarding the existing data on 1/4 mile speed for the E63, its still pretty sketchy. We have Derek's car and my car (on a slippery track). These 2 reference points do not form a solid conclusion.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
i agree w/ what u r saying but i don't think they should be advertising that the E63 is faster than E55 just to lure unsuspecting customers to buy the car.

i believe if this E63 was faster than the E55 in the 1/4 mile, Derek would never had unloaded this car. he did state that he liked the car very much, just not the straight-line acceleration performance.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by jtc55
i agree w/ what u r saying but i don't think they should be advertising that the E63 is faster than E55 just to lure unsuspecting customers to buy the car.

i believe if this E63 was faster than the E55 in the 1/4 mile, Derek would never had unloaded this car. he did state that he liked the car very much, just not the straight-line acceleration performance.
With the obvious exception of this dealer ad, I am am unaware that Mercedes is saying the E63 is faster than the E55. They have made 2 separate 0 - 60 claims, not side by side. Please correct me if I am wrong.

To avoid repeating myself on this topic, take a look at this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/163298-e63-vs-e55-factory-speed-claims-truthful.html

I too suspect that the E63 is slower than the E55 in the 1/4 mile, but this really hasn't been proven conclusively yet.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:51 PM

W221
Originally Posted by E63AMG
With the obvious exception of this dealer ad, I am am unaware that Mercedes is saying the E63 is faster than the E55. They have made 2 separate 0 - 60 claims, not side by side. Please correct me if I am wrong.

To avoid repeating myself on this topic, take a look at this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163298

I too suspect that the E63 is slower than the E55 in the 1/4 mile, but this really hasn't been proven conclusively yet.
E63AMG,
I've been following E63 "controversy" for a while and read pretty much everything you posted on this forum. You remind me of myself when I bought my C55 last year. I jumped from Corolla to AMG but still I'd spend countless hours on the internet checking 1/4 mile times and 0-60 mph claims from different sources. Is my car faster than that one? What about this one? When guy from 'Top Gear'
magazine said that ppl should avoid C55 I told myslef I'd never buy this magazine which is still true to this day (I read EVO and CAR). After a while though I got more relaxed, maybe 40,000 miles in one year driving this awesome car helped me to realize that I'm driving my dream car, a car that only few had pleasure to drive. So what if new RS4 is faster, and yes, new M3will most likely be faster than my car as well, I can deal with that - there is always Renntech or Kleemann, BUT, I LOVE my car as it is! The fact that I want to mod it doesn't mean I love it less, not at all. It simply means I'm ready to make it better.
I guess what I'm trying to say is - just enjoy it! Who cares what anybody else thinks - your car is what you wanted, that's what you paid your money for, it is THE BEST CAR FOR YOU right now. Spending more money can get you a better car but you didn't, so this car is what you want right now.
You don't have to proove anything to anybody. E55 folks LOVE their cars just like M5 guys love theirs and that's the whole idea of being a car enthusiast.

Sorry for such a lenghty comment, it just kills me to see you speding so much time trying to justify your decision while instead you should be driving the heck out of your car with a big grin on your face
Take care,
Eugene
Old 09-28-2006, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by E63AMG

While I suspect the E55 is faster stock vs stock in the 1/4 mile, this too has not really been confirmed.

Regarding the existing data on 1/4 mile speed for the E63, its still pretty sketchy. We have Derek's car and my car (on a slippery track). These 2 reference points do not form a solid conclusion.

Lets hit Fontana Oct 6th for some drag racing,side by side. PSCA test n tune day,the track will be good and sticky.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by eugeneC55
E63AMG,
I've been following E63 "controversy" for a while and read pretty much everything you posted on this forum. You remind me of myself when I bought my C55 last year. I jumped from Corolla to AMG but still I'd spend countless hours on the internet checking 1/4 mile times and 0-60 mph claims from different sources. Is my car faster than that one? What about this one? When guy from 'Top Gear'
magazine said that ppl should avoid C55 I told myslef I'd never buy this magazine which is still true to this day (I read EVO and CAR). After a while though I got more relaxed, maybe 40,000 miles in one year driving this awesome car helped me to realize that I'm driving my dream car, a car that only few had pleasure to drive. So what if new RS4 is faster, and yes, new M3will most likely be faster than my car as well, I can deal with that - there is always Renntech or Kleemann, BUT, I LOVE my car as it is! The fact that I want to mod it doesn't mean I love it less, not at all. It simply means I'm ready to make it better.
I guess what I'm trying to say is - just enjoy it! Who cares what anybody else thinks - your car is what you wanted, that's what you paid your money for, it is THE BEST CAR FOR YOU right now. Spending more money can get you a better car but you didn't, so this car is what you want right now.
You don't have to proove anything to anybody. E55 folks LOVE their cars just like M5 guys love theirs and that's the whole idea of being a car enthusiast.

Sorry for such a lenghty comment, it just kills me to see you speding so much time trying to justify your decision while instead you should be driving the heck out of your car with a big grin on your face
Take care,
Eugene
Well done Eugene.