W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Question for K2/Pulley owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55, R33 GTR, R33 GTS-t
Question for K2/Pulley owners

the K2 or equivalent pulley makes the charger spin faster, i am wondering does it make the transition of the supercharger engagement more obvious/jerky? My car is stock and sometimes when lightly pressing the throttle there is a surge as the charger engages.

Also i dont have or have never experienced the "chirp". Will a pulley make the car more likely to chirp or is the pulley size/belt speed unrelated to chirp?

finally what triggers the charger engagement? is it purely rpm set, or is it load, or is it both?

thanks for any help.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
as far as I know, the pulley shouldn't change the chirp, other than making it happen sooner off-ifle, if at all. If you don't get it now, you won't get it by putting in the mod.

THe clutch engagment is based on load and RPM. An oversized pulley will make it engage earlier, closer to idle. Mine went from being a BIG pain in the *** to beign a non-problem. Now it sometimes barely chirps just off idle, but much more quiet. If your setup was silent before, you risk little IMO in doing the mod...

Skeeter