****80mm TB Install Update***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F248 F1
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Just off the phone with service advisor. Going to pick up the car in 3 hours.

Service advisor asked Ken (SLR Mechanic/Installer) after he got out after test drive, "So how was it?"

He said Ken just walked away chuckling under his breath and shaking his head.

Oh, this is gonna be good!!!
oh god... i can already picture it ... god lucky mechanic !
Old 10-13-2006, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Thanks for all the info guys.... I decided to be "different" LOL and go with the KLEEMANN TB. They are sending it out today and it will be installed on Wednesday.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Josh,

Can you take pics of the kit when you receive it and post it? I would like to compare the V12TT TB and associated fittings.

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Thanks for all the info guys.... I decided to be "different" LOL and go with the KLEEMANN TB. They are sending it out today and it will be installed on Wednesday.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Dave... Damn.. I completely forgot about your car!!!! Sorry.. I meant to check in and see how it was going but it completely slipped my mind.

Please let me know what you think once you've had a chance to drive it for a few miles..

Hope you like it!

Originally Posted by Rock
I should have my car back tomorrow with the new TB and coated headers installed. I spoke with my tech briefly today and he ran into no major problems with the TB install. I plan to head to the track very soon to see if my investment has paid off.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vrus
Josh,

Can you take pics of the kit when you receive it and post it? I would like to compare the V12TT TB and associated fittings.
Sure thing. Just so you know:

KLEEMANN uses an adapter CNC machined from billet aluminum for the transition and not a silicone hose to join the Y pipe to the throttle body.

Kleemann supplies a new inlet housing that has been machined to match the bore of the throttle body, a new wiring harness, all vacuum lines, sealant, gaskets.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
That's weird... I sold 2 of those Y-pipes to guys who had Kleemann TB kits on their cars... They replaced their stock Y-pipe and transition with the 80mm Y-pipe I sold them.. I saw my friends setup and his had a black silicon hose with a band clamp around it that secured the stock Y-pipe to the Kleemann TB.

Maybe they created the CNC transition adapter later?? Even if they did, why go to all that trouble to make a CNC transition to a Stock Y-pipe when you can use an AMG 80mm Y-pipe?? Much simpler...

I am sure you will love the kit once you install it.. Congrats on your purchase!

Sure thing. Just so you know:

KLEEMANN uses an adapter CNC machined from billet aluminum for the transition and not a silicone hose to join the Y pipe to the throttle body.

Kleemann supplies a new inlet housing that has been machined to match the bore of the throttle body, a new wiring harness, all vacuum lines, sealant, gaskets.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Oh yeah.....it's fast!!!!

Just back guys and I just can't be happier.

Car feels ever stronger than ever. Very VERY nice at WOT.

Thank you THANK YOU to Victor for an incredible mod.

Took salesman for ride literally JUST AFTER he took the SLR out and he claims it pulls harder. Actually fastest Benz he had ever been in.

Off to the dyno for proof Monday.....or when I can get in next week, we'll see.

I took phone cam video of some runs up and down by the dealer but they just don't look different from any other E55. Just blower whine and smoke....dyno and track will show the true gains.

SLR cam issue is solved and will post about that in SLR Cam Update section when I can.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly

Took salesman for ride literally JUST AFTER he took the SLR out and he claims it pulls harder. Actually fastest Benz he had ever been in.
Wow Jim!!!!! That is great to hear. Okay, now I am thinking you're trapping at 125-126mph. With K4+ (SLR slayer) you have some big shoes to fill. King of the hill?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I took phone cam video of some runs up and down by the dealer but they just don't look different from any other E55. Just blower whine and smoke....dyno and track will show the true gains.

SLR cam issue is solved and will post about that in SLR Cam Update section when I can.

OMG --- awesome!!! Now I want cams.... hehe... Continuing to read this forum is kiling my pocketbook. URGH!

Jim - when are you coming out to Vegas to run? I'd like to see the trap speeds. I am running next Wednesday and 11/8. Hopefully you can make it down for one of them. Weather is perfect. 65 degree nights.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's weird... I sold 2 of those Y-pipes to guys who had Kleemann TB kits on their cars... They replaced their stock Y-pipe and transition with the 80mm Y-pipe I sold them.. I saw my friends setup and his had a black silicon hose with a band clamp around it that secured the stock Y-pipe to the Kleemann TB.

Maybe they created the CNC transition adapter later?? Even if they did, why go to all that trouble to make a CNC transition to a Stock Y-pipe when you can use an AMG 80mm Y-pipe?? Much simpler...

I am sure you will love the kit once you install it.. Congrats on your purchase!
I agree... I'll probably wind up buying the 80mm Y-pipe. What is the price?

I meant to ask you, do you provide a new inlet housing/manifold with your kit?

Last edited by dragonAMG; 10-13-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Josh,

I put a list of all the parts in the 80mm TB thread.. Here is a recap from Post #361 of the AMG 80mm TB thread I created.

This is what I sent out with each kit:

- 6" of 0.75" hose for TB to PCV system connection
- 80mm TB Gasket
- New supercharger inlet gasket (just in case your car is older and needs one)
- AMG 80mm TB
- 80mm Y-pipe to replace stock 74mm.
- 4 x stainless steel hex bolts with crush washers to replace those cheap, black, ugly looking screws that the factory uses to mount the TB to the inlet.
- New Supercharger inlet, ported to 80mm, with CNC made 3/8" thick aluminum plate to mount 80mm TB to supercharger inlet
- 80mm TB wiring harness updated to adapt to stock wiring on car

I agree... I'll probably wind up buying the 80mm Y-pipe. What is the price?

I meant to ask you, do you provide a new inlet housing/manifold with your kit?
Old 10-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Jim... aahh man.. I am so happy for you!! Glad everything is back together and the beast is nice and healthy! I knew the SLR cams & TB combo would be potent.. I am sure you are going to be VERY happy once you throw it on the dyno.

I am going to put the SLR cams in when the heads are done so that is my next mod..

Enjoy and drive safe!!!!! Get some video for us to drool over...

Old 10-13-2006, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cool... check your email. Do you think using the 80mm Ypipe instead of the stocker yields a gain in HP?

Josh,

I put a list of all the parts in the 80mm TB thread.. Here is a recap from Post #361 of the AMG 80mm TB thread I created.

This is what I sent out with each kit:

- 6" of 0.75" hose for TB to PCV system connection
- 80mm TB Gasket
- New supercharger inlet gasket (just in case your car is older and needs one)
- AMG 80mm TB
- 80mm Y-pipe to replace stock 74mm.
- 4 x stainless steel hex bolts with crush washers to replace those cheap, black, ugly looking screws that the factory uses to mount the TB to the inlet.
- New Supercharger inlet, ported to 80mm, with CNC made 3/8" thick aluminum plate to mount 80mm TB to supercharger inlet
- 80mm TB wiring harness updated to adapt to stock wiring on car