About to purchase a 2004 Blk on Blk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper SRT10
About to purchase a 2004 Blk on Blk

Whats up fellas. Well this afternoon I should be closing a deal on a 2004 Black on Black E55, it has 19K miles on it. I did was much reading as possible and I tried to search just to see what exactly if anything I should pay specific attention to on the car. So I just figured I would make a post and get some personal opinions. Anything you guys have to say I would appreciate. I figure I'll have the VIN run through the service department, check to make sure any recalls/service bulletins that are needed we're done, and basic stuff like oil changes.

My first Mercedes Benz ever, and I believe im making a good choice. Its my first post so I figured I would post a little about myself. Im currently in Chicago and im trading in my 2003 SRT 10 Viper, starting my career and relocating out west so I needed a car that was a sedan but obvioulsy I needed some performance for myself to, just to have fun when I could. I drove the 55 a couple times and I think its a blast, love the power and comfort. Anyways enough about me, looking forward to future posts with you guys. Later.

Naz.

Last edited by NAZology; 10-25-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
what are the options?
Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Almost a Member!

Viper SRT10
I just drove the car yesterday for the first time, honestly im not exactly sure what it has. Today Im going to look at the original sticker to be exactly positive. Im not familiar with Mercedes so as far as eyeballing the car I couldnt tell you from a visual standpoint what I thought it has, as I dont even know the options really. Yea, call me stupid but this is what I was in the process of figuring out.

It has the nav screen, wood trim, vented seats, I know it dosent have parktronic and stuff like that. What options are a must?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by NAZology
I just drove the car yesterday for the first time, honestly im not exactly sure what it has. Today Im going to look at the original sticker to be exactly positive. Im not familiar with Mercedes so as far as eyeballing the car I couldnt tell you from a visual standpoint what I thought it has, as I dont even know the options really. Yea, call me stupid but this is what I was in the process of figuring out.

It has the nav screen, wood trim, vented seats, I know it dosent have parktronic and stuff like that. What options are a must?
I like the KEYLESSGO & Trunk Closer & Pano Roof. How did you like the drive and how does it compare to your other cars?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
How did you like the Viper? I know they are totally different cars but how did you find it compared to the E55 in power? I am only asking because I was thinking about getting into a Viper but I heard they are horrible cars, they have a very dangerous feel to them, they are too harsh, and you can't use them every day. What's your oppinion on going from a Benz to a Viper?

Good luck with the E55, its an amazing car you'll have a lot of fun with it. I like the pano roof on all non-black cars, since your getting black I dont think its a big deal. Post some pics when you get it.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
options

Originally Posted by 2K6E55
I like the KEYLESSGO & Trunk Closer & Pano Roof. How did you like the drive and how does it compare to your other cars?
i agree i love the keyless go, pano roof, trunk closer, and dynamic seats too!!!!

also on the 04 the included service is good too. get an extended warranty if it is not starmarked. i got mine through the dealership for an additional 5yr/85k and they will deal on the price.

good luck and post pics when you get it!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Viper SRT10
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
How did you like the Viper? I know they are totally different cars but how did you find it compared to the E55 in power? I am only asking because I was thinking about getting into a Viper but I heard they are horrible cars, they have a very dangerous feel to them, they are too harsh, and you can't use them every day. What's your oppinion on going from a Benz to a Viper?

Good luck with the E55, its an amazing car you'll have a lot of fun with it. I like the pano roof on all non-black cars, since your getting black I dont think its a big deal. Post some pics when you get it.
The Viper is an amazing car and compared to the E55 like you said they are completley different vehicles. The E55 even though its supercharged still is a lot smoother and high reving through the power band, but it pulls great. The Viper is faster no question, but has a big block torquey feel too it, its just a monster. Nothing more fun in the viper than having someone pull up next to you at about 40mph, you drop it into first, rev match and gone, the thing snaps, period. The SRT10 is nothing even close to being a horrible car, the car is dangerous and demands respect when you get into it, dont think your gonna start it up and go speeding off, it needs to warm up and keeping the tires warm are very important when it comes to keeping this car straight, and under control. If your a good driver, no need to worrie. Im a young guy and im small, so I had no problem using the Viper everyday. But I would imagine someone else of bigger size would definitely not want to drive it everyday. In the middle of the summer, in traffic, is pretty brutal, with the heat. A lot of interior heat from the engine, but this is due to the exhaust crossover pipes, which can be replaced in the aftermarket. Anyway im rambling, PM me if you have anymore questions about the viper.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Viper SRT10
Originally Posted by JodyE55Rocket
what are the options?
The options are as follows:
317 Comfort Pkg
319 Lighting Package
6 Disk Cd Changer
Electronic Trunk Closer

The car is Black on Black, wood trim, 2004 with 19,500 miles on it. They we're asking 69,900. I got them down to 61,000. I still think they are asking too much as the car needs to be in the 50's so tomorrow we'll see if we can work a deal.

They also just pulled in a 2005 silver with black interior 16K miles on it, with Nav, Parktronic, pretty much every option, not sure about the panaromic moon roof. But they have that one listed for 79,900. If I can get the 2005 Silver for 61k I will pull the trigger. What do you guys think about each car and my offers? Let me know maybe I can use your knowledge to help negotiate on the car. This time of the year, these things arent a hot comodity so im looking for a great deal. Any info would be great. I would love the 2005.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
61 for the 05 sounds good if you can get it but I would think that it would be closer to 64.

Can probably get the 04 for 59-60. All depends on what is available in Chicago. Every state is differenct that is why I bought mine out of CA and brought it in.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Almost a Member!

Viper SRT10
Originally Posted by baldmike73
61 for the 05 sounds good if you can get it but I would think that it would be closer to 64.

Can probably get the 04 for 59-60. All depends on what is available in Chicago. Every state is differenct that is why I bought mine out of CA and brought it in.
Im gonna negotiate the 2005. Honestly the black one is a great car, but I would have to worrie about getting NAV installed (it has the screen) just not what it needs to operate, which is a big deal apparently. The other thing is the wood trim in the black one. The Silver one has the grey sporty trim, which I love. Either car I will be happy. Ill try for low 60's on the 2005.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is an 05 E55 on ebay with only 5,600 miles and a buy it now for 57.8k. I think you should try to get it for high 50's....
Old 10-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Viper SRT10
Originally Posted by Tuskir
There is an 05 E55 on ebay with only 5,600 miles and a buy it now for 57.8k. I think you should try to get it for high 50's....
link?
Old 10-25-2006, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
Originally Posted by NAZology
Im gonna negotiate the 2005. Honestly the black one is a great car, but I would have to worrie about getting NAV installed (it has the screen) just not what it needs to operate, which is a big deal apparently. The other thing is the wood trim in the black one. The Silver one has the grey sporty trim, which I love. Either car I will be happy. Ill try for low 60's on the 2005.
Naz,

Welcome to the board. I'm in Naperville and you know my wife Emily from school back in the day. I've got an 03 Silver E55 I'm tryin to sell. 13600 miles on it and it is pretty loaded. I am askin 58K for it. If you want more info, pm me or email me at Need4spdnb@wowway.com

Noah B

Last edited by Need4spdnb; 10-26-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:17 AM

2004 E55
I've got a Blk on Blk but it's pretty loaded... the Nav is a must in my opinion...