Sponsored by:

lambo HP vs E55 hp?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
Some one correct me if I am wrong but I thought the renntechs were very close to stock.
WRONG!

SLK55R your the only one that gets it. Everyone else here is just to blinded by kleemann.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
WRONG!

SLK55R your the only one that gets it. Everyone else here is just to blinded by kleemann.
gets what?

that renntech buys stock amg sway bars, paints them and sells them as renntech or that they buy stock amg airboxes, wrap them in cf (with little mods) and sell them as renntech?

or maybe that a magazine journalist died while testing a renntech car b/c of brake failure? (i believe his last name was schroeder, not sure though, was a while back)
Old 10-30-2006, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
hold up

My input:

I know nothing of the swaybars ... I didn't purchase them nor are they available for my car. To be honest, which car are you referring too, I don't see it for the E55 either.

The airbox ... you got to be joking right? First off, they do not just wrap carbon fiber around the stock airbox ... nor do they just make a stock carbonfiber top. While I think VRUS is amazing at what he does ... the reality is, what he is making, is going off the same ideas as the renntech airbox. JUST CHEAPER(Kudo's to Vrus). VRUS's airbox and Renntech's both increase the height of the top portion to get additional volume.

Now as to that accident ... are you saying the car was using Renntech Brakes? If so was it due to a bad install? Or was it a broken part? Parts do break ... which again leads me back to the Kleemann headers. It wasn't one cracking ... its multiple ones cracking. To me, if my Renntech headers cracked, you bet your *** Renntech would be overnighting a new one to me for free.

I've been on this board a while now and while I do agree there are definitely a lot more VOCAL Kleemann owners, that doesn't mean its better. Ex. how many Check engine lights still are occurring on 06 and up Kleemann cars? How long did it take for them to resolve the ECU flash, by the way have they completely yet? ( heads up, Renntech was aware of this before they started flashing and had resolved it before they started flashing) I could go on and on ... but it doesn't really matter. These are both good tuners but they have a different modifying philosophy. I don't discount that in some instances, Kleemann mods produce more hp. My thinking is pretty simple ... Kleemann mods for the V8's most likely produce more HP while Renntech's will most likely have less problems. Also the level of support and warranty that is given by Renntech is exceptional. I won't speak of Kleemann since I haven't experienced theirs.

By the way, I didn't say the Renntech headers were necessarily better ... I even mentioned that the Kleemann headers are larger. At the same time I did mention that Kleemann users have complained of cracked headers. These can be found with a search of this Forum.
Someone was interested in headers ... I tried to provide my insight as well as what I have seen here. This way they BUYER can make a better educated decision.

Seriously I don't get the animosity between tuner car owners. YellowR1(KleemannS7 SLK55) live pretty close to each other. We have even met(a few times) and exchanged information regarding a passion we both have (CARS).
You don't see him bragging about having more RWHP than mine ...
You don't see him bashing on Renntech
You don't see me bashing his Kleemann S7
You don't see me questioning his DynoJet numbers
You don't see me arguing with him about 18inch or 19inch rims
You don't see us trying to set a time to meet at the same Dyno so we can "compare"
You don't see us trying to set a time to go to the dragstrip and see who wins

We are both supportive of each other in regards to the modifications we have made or will make to our SLK55s. While I would like to go to a drag strip or dyno with YellowR1 it isn't to see who's dick is bigger(He's taller and white I'm gonna probably lose that one ). Its to enjoy meeting with another person that has similar interests and hobbies.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Stock E55 vs. Lambo would lose, especially from a light take off, the Lambo has the AWD launch. Maybe you could have got him because from the sound of it he was probably taking out his dads lambo and had no clue how to drive (or operate the window) LOL
Old 10-30-2006, 01:20 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by SLK55R
My input:

I know nothing of the swaybars ... I didn't purchase them nor are they available for my car. To be honest, which car are you referring too, I don't see it for the E55 either.

The airbox ... you got to be joking right? First off, they do not just wrap carbon fiber around the stock airbox ... nor do they just make a stock carbonfiber top. While I think VRUS is amazing at what he does ... the reality is, what he is making, is going off the same ideas as the renntech airbox. JUST CHEAPER(Kudo's to Vrus). VRUS's airbox and Renntech's both increase the height of the top portion to get additional volume.

Now as to that accident ... are you saying the car was using Renntech Brakes? If so was it due to a bad install? Or was it a broken part? Parts do break ... which again leads me back to the Kleemann headers. It wasn't one cracking ... its multiple ones cracking. To me, if my Renntech headers cracked, you bet your *** Renntech would be overnighting a new one to me for free.

I've been on this board a while now and while I do agree there are definitely a lot more VOCAL Kleemann owners, that doesn't mean its better. Ex. how many Check engine lights still are occurring on 06 and up Kleemann cars? How long did it take for them to resolve the ECU flash, by the way have they completely yet? ( heads up, Renntech was aware of this before they started flashing and had resolved it before they started flashing) I could go on and on ... but it doesn't really matter. These are both good tuners but they have a different modifying philosophy. I don't discount that in some instances, Kleemann mods produce more hp. My thinking is pretty simple ... Kleemann mods for the V8's most likely produce more HP while Renntech's will most likely have less problems. Also the level of support and warranty that is given by Renntech is exceptional. I won't speak of Kleemann since I haven't experienced theirs.

By the way, I didn't say the Renntech headers were necessarily better ... I even mentioned that the Kleemann headers are larger. At the same time I did mention that Kleemann users have complained of cracked headers. These can be found with a search of this Forum.
Someone was interested in headers ... I tried to provide my insight as well as what I have seen here. This way they BUYER can make a better educated decision.

Seriously I don't get the animosity between tuner car owners. YellowR1(KleemannS7 SLK55) live pretty close to each other. We have even met(a few times) and exchanged information regarding a passion we both have (CARS).
You don't see us trying to set a time to meet at the same Dyno so we can "compare"

We are both supportive of each other in regards to the modifications we have made or will make to our SLK55s. While I would like to go to a drag strip or dyno with YellowR1 it isn't to see who's dick is bigger(He's taller and white I'm gonna probably lose that one ). Its to enjoy meeting with another person that has similar interests and hobbies.
I see what you are saying and for the record I said I had kleemann and was very happy and "thought" they were bigger then renntech and that the renntech were similar to stock. slk55r came back to correct me and say they were different but he also thought kleemann were bigger. I have heard of cracking headers on the g55's and thats it. No matter what we both just chimed in to give our thoughts on the tuners we have used. Not saying one was better then the other. We all just want to share our info good or bad to help people make an informed purchase.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Depends on the weather
Originally Posted by Tuskir
I was indeed talking about current production, if we go way back, there was even a Lamborghini SUV not too long ago! As far saying Ferrari are for "suckas" I completely disagree with you. I would even go as far as saying Ferrari is more of a driver's car that lambo. Lamborghini's are too heavy, AWD (real sports car should be RWD, in my opinion), and are not focused enough on track performance. Ferrari builds track cars for real enthusiasts, such as the F360 challange stradale and the upcoming F430 Challange Stradale, not to mention the amazing Ferrari Enzo and past F40 and F50. Lamborghini on the other hand, builds car that are easier to drive and much less involving than ferrari, not to mention a lot slower on track! Lamborghini needs to go back to the drawing board and offer more focused cars. It seems to me that lamborghinis are too focused on the "poseurs" rather than drivers! Putting a gallardo on a serious diet, converting to RWD, and offering adjustable suspension would be a good start. As it is now, F430 is just on a whole different level, and Ferrari hasn't even released the F430 Challange Stradale yet!
I can tell you from a year of driving a Gallardo,it is the easiest car to drive fast that I have ever driven. I was on a spirited drive this summer with 3 other porsche guys..one in a CGT..I almost stayed with him on tight roads.

Here are some times from Nurburgring.
7:32 - Porsche Carrera GT (7:32.44)
7:44 - Zonda
7:46 - Porsche 996 GT2
7:47 - Porsche Gt3 RS (sport tyres)
7:50 - M3 CSL (sport tyres)
7:52 - GT3 (381hp)
7:52 - Lamborghini Gallardo
7:52 - Lamborghini Murcielao
7:52 - Mercedes SLR mclaren
7:56 - Porsche 996 Turbo
7:56 - 360 stradale (sport tyres)
7:57 - Lotec Porsche 993 Turbo (600 HP, racing suspension)
8:07 - Ferrari 550
8:09 - Lamborghini Diablo SV
8:09 - Ferrari 360 Modena
8:10 - Chrysler Viper GTS
8:12 - Porsche 993 Turbo (430 HP version)
8:15 - BMW Z8 400 HP
8:17 - Porsche 996 C2
8:18 - Ferrari F355
8:22 - BMW M Coupe 321 HP
8:25 - Audi RS4 375 HP
8:28 - Porsche 993 C2
8:28 - BMW M5 400 HP
8:32 - Porsche Boxster S
8:35 - BMW M3 Coupe 321 HP
8:37 - Mercedes C32 AMG
8:38 - Honda NSX
8:39 - Honda S2000
8:40 - Chevrolet Corvette
8:42 - Audi S4 265 HP
8:42 - Lotus Exige
8:49 - Jaguar XKR Coupe
8:52 - Mercedes CLK 430
Attached Thumbnails lambo HP vs E55 hp?-picture-20028.jpg  

Last edited by Minte; 10-30-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:23 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by Minte
I can tell you from a year of driving a Gallardo,it is the easiest car to drive fast that I have ever driven. I was on a spirited drive this summer with 3 other porsche guys..one in a CGT..I almost stayed with him on tight roads.

Here are some times from Nurburgring.
7:32 - Porsche Carrera GT (7:32.44)
7:44 - Zonda
7:46 - Porsche 996 GT2
7:47 - Porsche Gt3 RS (sport tyres)
7:50 - M3 CSL (sport tyres)
7:52 - GT3 (381hp)
7:52 - Lamborghini Gallardo
7:52 - Lamborghini Murcielao
7:52 - Mercedes SLR mclaren
7:56 - Porsche 996 Turbo
7:56 - 360 stradale (sport tyres)
7:57 - Lotec Porsche 993 Turbo (600 HP, racing suspension)
8:07 - Ferrari 550
8:09 - Lamborghini Diablo SV
8:09 - Ferrari 360 Modena
8:10 - Chrysler Viper GTS
8:12 - Porsche 993 Turbo (430 HP version)
8:15 - BMW Z8 400 HP
8:17 - Porsche 996 C2
8:18 - Ferrari F355
8:22 - BMW M Coupe 321 HP
8:25 - Audi RS4 375 HP
8:28 - Porsche 993 C2
8:28 - BMW M5 400 HP
8:32 - Porsche Boxster S
8:35 - BMW M3 Coupe 321 HP
8:37 - Mercedes C32 AMG
8:38 - Honda NSX
8:39 - Honda S2000
8:40 - Chevrolet Corvette
8:42 - Audi S4 265 HP
8:42 - Lotus Exige
8:49 - Jaguar XKR Coupe
8:52 - Mercedes CLK 430

Just commenting because I like the plate on the CGT, especially because I like the CGT better than the Enzo (I would drive either if i were given one )
Old 10-30-2006, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
the sway bars are for non amg cars, it would be hella funny if they sold you the same bars in different colors. thats why they arent available.
go see vrus' airbox thread, the bottom part is exactly the same as stock (it is stock) and the sides of the top part are the same, they just cut the top off and make it a little higher in cf. the car was a widebody renntech e60 (i believe) 210 chassis. the brake caliper got jammed or ripped off. i cant remember the details, it was about 7-8 years ago i think.

btw,
i do not own kleeman parts, i just think what renntech is doing is wrong

My input:

Old 10-30-2006, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG_55
the sway bars are for non amg cars, it would be hella funny if they sold you the same bars in different colors. thats why they arent available.
go see vrus' airbox thread, the bottom part is exactly the same as stock (it is stock) and the sides of the top part are the same, they just cut the top off and make it a little higher in cf. the car was a widebody renntech e60 (i believe) 210 chassis. the brake caliper got jammed or ripped off. i cant remember the details, it was about 7-8 years ago i think.

btw,
i do not own kleeman parts, i just think what renntech is doing is wrong
Regarding sway bars ... shame on Renntech ... bad boy! Who knows if Renntech had to make adjustments for the swaybars or if they were part of an overall suspension kit? Some other suspension items come into mind ... Toe links etc. I'm really curious now how much more expensive the Renntech sway bar was in comparison to an AMG swaybar.

So you do know Vrus' airbox the bottom part is exactly the same as stock right??? Btw, that little height increase does increase HP.

I don't think that one instance of a brake caliper failing can justify making a judgement that Renntech is bad. Do you have the details of the failure?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

So you do know Vrus' airbox the bottom part is exactly the same as stock right??? Btw, that little height increase does increase HP.

I don't think that one instance of a brake caliper failing can justify making a judgement that Renntech is bad. Do you have the details of the failure?
yeah, but vrus isnt charging people 5k and he lets them know before hand.

i would need to look through many of my magazines (500+) to find the mag/article.

it might be on the net, i think the name was dan schroeder he worked for car and driver
Old 10-30-2006, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by AMG_55
yeah, but vrus isnt charging people 5k and he lets them know before hand.

i would need to look through many of my magazines (500+) to find the mag/article.

it might be on the net, i think the name was dan schroeder he worked for car and driver
the renntech air box isnt 5k? and why would renntec explain how they make there products they are sayin you will get ??hp with our box that is all that matters. vrus also dosnt have a over head like renntech does. although i do agree its over priced but what isnt with any of these tuners they are all over priced.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

true

And like I said I applaud Vrus for taking the initiative to provide a lower cost alternative to modifiers. At the same time ... Renntech was the one that did the research to create the airbox. They are the ones that determined the larger volume would give HP gains. That deserves some credit don't you think?

Everything is overpriced ... our cars are overpriced ...