W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 06-10-2015, 12:17 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Squeaky Brakes - Is It ALL Mercedes Cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
My brakes have yet to squeal. They never have. I use synthetic bearing grease on the back of the pads and also apply some on the clips. It has always worked for me and I have never had a vehicle with squealing issues.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 300E and 2002 C32
W210 Rear Brake Squeal

So I have searched in depth to no avail. I have a 98 W210 with single pin rear calipers. I replaced the rear rotors with Zimmermans. I had ordered the Akebono ceramic pads for the two pin calipers by mistake so I reused the old pads for a week. After installing the correct Akebono's I have an obnoxious squeal when backing up the car. I took the pads back out, sanded friction surface and removed the stainless shims from the back of the pads as it appeared that the Akebono's had built in shims. Also used OEM brake paste. Still squeaked so I "bedded" them according to some other forum instructions. Still no joy. I'm tempted to go back to Textars or something but I hate to toss the ceramics. I also installed Zimmerman rotors and Akebono's on the fronts and have absolutely no noise from them.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMGS
Wink Squeeling Brakes

Depending on the Benz you purchase it is completely normal. Particularly the AMGs will use ceramic brakes that will just squeal because of the material its forged with rubbing on the brake pads. There are some anti squeak creams and sprays you can use to temporarily negate the sound. However, do note that it does not mean you have old or worn our brakes. Once you feel the steering wheel shake when you brake is when you know the rotors need to be replaced
Old 11-29-2017, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by erichpark441
Depending on the Benz you purchase it is completely normal. Particularly the AMGs will use ceramic brakes that will just squeal because of the material its forged with rubbing on the brake pads. There are some anti squeak creams and sprays you can use to temporarily negate the sound. However, do note that it does not mean you have old or worn our brakes. Once you feel the steering wheel shake when you brake is when you know the rotors need to be replaced
Why'd you bump a 4 year old thread for that?

If the steering wheel shakes when you hit the brakes the rotors are warped and should be replaced. That doesn't mean they're worn out.